Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 13th December 2012, 10:25   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Comprehensive City / Call Taxi Review thread

Operator : NDL
This the first time I am going away from Fast track. No issues so far but wanted to try new. I remembered to book a taxi for the next day only by around 0100 in the morning. Naturally their number was easy to recollect - 3000 3000.
Called them, for first 10 sec you will only hear their welcome address. Then its connected and I asked for Figo/Indica. He asked me to wait for a while and I continued to wait for more than a minute. I was hearing the same recorded voice - Welcome to NDL Taxi or something. Got irritated, cut the call and tried again. Now there was no waiting and booking was confirmed through a SMS. But there was lot of noise in the call centre and it was annoying.
Next day I was woke up the taxi driver by 7AM(I asked for cab at 8 AM). I dont want him to wait and some how I managed to go office early.
During the travel driver was telling about why he has come out of Fast track (infact he was putting a big blade:-(

About Fast Track
-Fleet size of Fast track is close to 5000
-Min collection / day is ~Rs.2000
-Monthly rental - Rs.5000 (Indica)
-Even 2005 model cars are also attached.
-Inorder to get continues trips / outstation trips, fleet owners (they own some 40 to 50 and run with drivers)bribe the call centre guys and so their cars runs without stoppage.
-Due to this others are losing revenue.
-So many are coming out

About NDL
-Close to 1200 cabs currently
-only post 2010 model cars are attached
-One day training sesssion for driver
-Fine of Rs.5000/- and 1 week ban if found drunken driving. They have breath analyzer.
-Initial deposit is Rs.25,000/- refundable is 16500/-
-Monthlyrental : Rs.4800/- (Indica)
-Fare - Rs.17/km
-All the cars are with GPS.
-Eletronic fare meter and bill printer.

Car was a newer one and over all experience was good. But still a long way to go, as they are relatively newer.
I will still have Fast track in mind and will use if required.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 13th December 2012 at 10:27.
Ashley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 12:25   #107
BHPian

I was in coimbatore yesterday and happened to see a lot of fiesta and Etios taxis under the operator 'Taxi Taxi'. Anyone used their services/any reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Operator : NDL
Is this NTL or NDL? I did a google search and could find only NTL, with website http://www.ntltaxi.com/index.html.
sandsun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 14:54   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I was in coimbatore yesterday and happened to see a lot of fiesta and Etios taxis under the operator 'Taxi Taxi'. Anyone used their services/any reviews?

Is this NTL or NDL? I did a google search and could find only NTL, with website http://www.ntltaxi.com/index.html.
I guess he referred to NTL in Chennai.

I travel frequently in the South and feel Coimbatore has the best network of radio taxis. In fact, they dominate the local transport scene to such an extent that no one takes autos, unless the distance is really short. In the mornings when you alight from buses / trains, you ll seldom see folks taking autos but rather would all be picked up by taxis

And you have a range of call taxis for various budgets

Kovai Call Taxi / Abi - for non AC Omni / Indica (Whilst these are the large ones, there are a number of fragmented players with small fleet)
Fast Track - Indica / Etios etc
Taxi Taxi and Red Taxi - Fiesta, Manza and Etios for luxury travel
One more operator with the number 60609090 or something - have seen their Indicas and MUVs (Sumo / Tavera)

Recently I saw 2 more new operators, one was called "Connect Taxi" or something and they operated new Dzires.

I dont recollect the name of the other, it was "My Taxi" or something and saw ~8-10 brand new Xylos parked on Trichy Road near the Elgi Equipments factory.

Any one from Coimbatore who can shed light on these 2 operators?

On Taxi Taxi, have used them on a few occasions and generally had good experience except once when they did not send a cab. And looked like the booking was not recorded on their system at all. Otherwise, good service, you get an SMS with the driver info and the drivers are quite courteous and well mannered. Not used Red Taxi and the other new operators though.
aroonanand is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 15:27   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
I guess he referred to NTL in Chennai.

I travel frequently in the South and feel Coimbatore has the best network of radio taxis.
And you have a range of call taxis for various budgets

Kovai Call Taxi / Abi - for non AC Omni / Indica (Whilst these are the large ones, there are a number of fragmented players with small fleet)
Fast Track - Indica / Etios etc
Taxi Taxi and Red Taxi - Fiesta, Manza and Etios for luxury travel
One more operator with the number 60609090 or something - have seen their Indicas and MUVs (Sumo / Tavera)

Recently I saw 2 more new operators, one was called "Connect Taxi" or something and they operated new Dzires.
Had been to Coimbatore some time back and had noticed the same. Indeed a very mature call taxi market.

Just a request for the benefit of other could you post the numbers of the above players and the others you listed in your thread.
girishglg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2012, 12:53   #110
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for confusion - its NTL only and not NDL.
Old 26th December 2012, 07:28   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Again called Ola this morning around 630 AM (I was on a bus to Bangalore from Goa) and wanted a cab to pick me up at Majestic by 7 AM.
Did you use the Airport500 offer by Ola anytime. I tried to book one recently and this for the second time in couple of months, was told that the quota for the day was over (limited number of customers offered the 500 bucks drop etc) and they would book at normal rates.

However nowhere in their website is this given as limited offer. Also not sure if this offer is being offered at all now.

Seems like Ola is good for point to point transfers inside the city and not an option for airport, station, bus stand drops as of now.
girishglg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 11:34   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Did you use the Airport500 offer by Ola anytime. I tried to book one recently and this for the second time in couple of months, was told that the quota for the day was over (limited number of customers offered the 500 bucks drop etc) and they would book at normal rates.

However nowhere in their website is this given as limited offer. Also not sure if this offer is being offered at all now.

Seems like Ola is good for point to point transfers inside the city and not an option for airport, station, bus stand drops as of now.
No, I have not tried them for Airport trips. One of my friends had the same issue with them and hence used Taxi For Sure at their Rs. 10 per km offer. Even for city drops, it is now quite difficult to get an Ola cab - looks like they are the preferred cab operator for many due to the Android app availability notwithstanding their rates are now INR 21 / km as against 17-18 of other operators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Sorry for confusion - its NTL only and not NDL.
Used NTL twice in the last 10 days in Chennai and good experience on both counts. First time, I had asked for a sedan to drop me at Koyambedu from Royapettah. Got a call an hour before pick up time to inform me that some cabs are held up due to traffic and whether I would be ok if they send me a smaller car (Indica). Was fine with this and a new / clean Indica showed up at the requested time. Very cordial driver and was well driven.

A few days later, I wanted a cab on hourly basis for my parents who had to visit a few places at Chennai. Again called NTL and a cab was confirmed. This guy was also cordial, showed up on time, drove carefully and ensured my parents were dropped off at Koyambedu Omni Bus Stand.

Am satisfied with them so far and will continue to use them, given the rapidly declining standards of Fast Track whose cabs are very rashly driven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Had been to Coimbatore some time back and had noticed the same. Indeed a very mature call taxi market.

Just a request for the benefit of other could you post the numbers of the above players and the others you listed in your thread.
Here are some call taxi numbers in Coimbatore

Taxi Taxi (Manza / Fiesta) - 0422 40506070
Red Taxi (Etios) - 0422 4567890
Kovai Call Taxi (Non AC Indica / Omni) - 0422 2478787
Abi Call Taxi (Non AC Indica / Omni) - 0422 2474747
Fast Track - 0422 2889999

I do not have the numbers of the other new operators - will post them after my next trip to CBE
aroonanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2013, 02:09   #113
Senior - BHPian

I recently tried Ola Cabs in Delhi and was mighty impressed. I had to go to station at 5 am and was expecting a cab (Meru/Easy) to be either not available (when you book via the call center) or not turn up on time (in case I success in booking). This has been my experience with Meru and Easy Cabs in MUmbai many times and once with Tab Cab too.

None of this happened. Cab was before time, driver was super courteous. Car was a Dzire and hence very comfortable. It was clean and heated (imagine Delhi winter morning on Jan 24). Some USPs and noteworthy points:

1. There was no physical meter. Every car has an Android phone with an Ola app connected via GPS that has a large visual meter. This means accurate billing and real time availability status.

2. There are no night charges! The per km charges are Rs 21 + Rs 2 per min of waiting. So for my distance of 12.8 kms, I paid a total of Rs 272 (inclusive of 2 minutes of waiting) which is much less than my local neighborhood cab guy's flat rate of Rs 350

3. Grace period of 15 mins from the time the driver reaches your pick up point (starting from the point he calls you). This is validated by a call that comes from their centralized call center in Mumbai informing you that cab has arrived.

4. No wastage of paper on bill printing. Instead, there is an instant SMS that comes as soon as the driver clicks on STOP button on the phone, marking the journey completion. What's best - a detailed invoice (PDF) is sent immediately on your registered EMail ID. So no more storing of small printouts for claiming reimbursements. And the PDF is pretty detailed

5. Ola regularly runs discount schemes. For example, they have a code 'HAPPYOLA' which you can announce at the time of booking via call center, to avail of a flat rate of Rs 15/km if availing a cab between 11-4 AM or PM. There is another code 'AIRPORT399' using which you can get airport drop in Delhi/NCR for flat Rs 399. These are truly innovative measures!

6. Ola has recently launched point-to-point service in Gurgaon for Rs 99 (against the standard rate of Rs 250 being charged by the unorganized and rickety Indica cabs)

7. There is an Android app which works on cell tower triangulation method (A-GPS) and you can click on 'Pick me up' to instantly locate an Ola Cab near your current location. You DON'T need the GPS activated! It will tell you how far the cab is and how long it will take to reach you. It bypasses the call center and directly books the cab for you. An SMS is sent to you containing the car number, model and driver's name and mobile no. Cool na?

I guess these are really revolutionary features and I'm sure Ola has me hooked on as a repeat customer!
nishantgandhi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2013, 10:36   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I guess these are really revolutionary features and I'm sure Ola has me hooked on as a repeat customer!
I know. But have you tried their updated app? It includes a "Ride later" feature. I've used this feature a lot in past 3-4 days as by better-half has to go for physiotherapy and it's always better to book slightly in advance. Also, when I told the drivers to drive slow over the pot-holes since she's recovering from a slipped disc, they listen to you. Plus, you get 10% off when you book via their app. And now they've an BIAL pick-up offer, only for Rs.399. Hope they keep up.

Going OT now: I'll be travelling to Kolkata in March for 4 days on official research trip. Can anyone from Kolkata suggest me a (Local) cab service they've had awesome experience with? I'll be needing a cab for 10-12 hours and expected to cover about 70-80 kms daily. Indica would do as I'm travelling alone.
creative420 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 09:38   #115
Senior - BHPian

Require help in finding a reliable call taxi in New Delhi.
Will be using it from Hotel Park (Near Jantar Mantar) to Airport. IS that ok with Ola cabs? Guru's suggest plz.
Old 15th March 2013, 17:41   #116
Senior - BHPian

Are pre-paid taxi services available at Yesvantpur Railway station in Bangalore ?

Kindly share the rates if available.
sdp1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 14:47   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Are pre-paid taxi services available at Yesvantpur Railway station in Bangalore ?

Kindly share the rates if available.
IMO pre-paid taxis are not avaliable at Yeshvantpur Railway Station and even if they are very few Omnis on offer (as in city railway station).

However the best and the safest bet would be to hire a cab preferably a Fast Track -Bangalore - 08028889999
http://www.fasttrackcalltaxi.in/contactus.htm

Alternatively if your baggage is less and around 2 persons you can even try the Call Autoriksha Service-

This service is available in Pune and Bangalore for now and it is for 24x7
Pune - 02066111111
Bangalore - 8050661111

Source - www.autowale.in
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 17:07   #118
Senior - BHPian

Got off at KR Puram Rly station instead of Yesvantpur at 3PM yesterday. There were a few omnis that were asking Rs 800/- and autos asking 500/- to Bannerghatta Road.

Called Fast Track Call Taxi - they sent an indica within 20 mins. The driver was well mannered and took the route I advised him. The bill amount was 375/- - I tipped him another 25 bucks. The taxi looked aged though.

Overall very much satisfied - will use their services again.
sdp1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 16:20   #119
BHPian

My first experience with OLA was not very pleasant.

Booked OLA cab for airport pick up a week in advance. Used their 399/- anywhere drop offer (The offer is only on Indica).

Flight was early and reached at 2:30 PM and booking was for 3:30 PM pickup. Waited for 45 minutes and called them only to know cab was cancelled. When argued why they didn't inform me on SMS, I got a reply that they called my number and it was switch off, and hence they dropped me an email. What do they expect; I would attain my call during my flight. And an e-mail? Better they could post me a letter through India Post. If registration conformation was sent in SMS format, why not the cancellation message. It was an airport pick up and this is well known that mobile phones are switched of during flight. But SMS can be delivered to mobile phone whenever it is switched on. I checked my e-mail and it was sent when I was in my flight. When booked in advanced and booking is confirmed, I don't buy those lie that cab is not available. If you provide a cab only on availability, then better don't take booking in advance. I will never book them again.

My preference is now CELCAB. Rs 14/- for Indica and Rs 15/- for Indigo. I have already used them for 12-15 times even on odd hours. They have never failed me. Not a single instance of cancellation or late arrival. Cars are old but drivers are pretty good and drive very carefully within speed limit. Will stick to them.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 15:48   #120
BHPian

My experiences with Pune cabs

1. Celcab: They were early entrants, but somehow never wanted to grow. I have not used their service recently. But this is the first private cab I used in Pune. Mainly old indica fleet. Mostly reliable on timings.

2. Wings /Traveltime: Both have fleet of Eeco. They have largest fleet. But I prefer using Auto Rickshaw than Eeco. I use these mostly when I am arriving at Pune Railway station. Though these cabs are supposed to be AC cab, you will have to really push hard to get AC switched on.

Recently I was looking for more comfortable cabs, So Tried T-cab and Shree Cabs

3. T-cabs: Booking experience was good, but cab arrived 20 minutes late. It was Verito but poorly maintained. When I asked driver to switch on AC, I got usual story about AC not working.

4. Shree Cabs: Used only once, but so far good experience. I think it was Etios. Properly maintained. Driver was good and was punctual. And yes, AC was working.

I always found Bangalore cabs are much better than Pune and Mumbai cabs.
radek is offline   Reply With Quote