Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 9th April 2016, 18:46   #256
Default Re: The Bajaj Qute (RE60)

But if they want to make it a "cheap alternative to cars", I don't think it will work out. Remember the nano's fate. Ours is a country where a car with the tag-line "cheap" attached to it will never succeed.
So it is a demographic limitation that you are pointing out? On a larger scale, I would love to imagine a car ferrying me daily to work (2nd car though!!) which is just fit for 2 occupants and give me a decent 35 KMPL mileage through the B2B city traffic and be a decent one to look at. Imagine if all metro Indians drive that to work, roads would have been so eased up and less smoky!

wonder if the REVA could have a small gasoline motor to fit my bill

Last edited by Aditya : 11th April 2016 at 07:09. Reason: Fixing quote tag
gopa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2016, 20:45   #257
Distinguished - BHPian
Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The Mexican Ambassador uses an Auto as her Official Vehicle in India!

We Indians have a snob value sitting right here on the Bajaj Qute.
Lovely Ironical Scenario!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2016, 02:11   #258

Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
So it is a demographic limitation that you are pointing out?
Definitely sir.I feel it is a demographic limitation of Indians.

If not, how could such a practical small car like Nano fail to garner atleast half of Alto's sales every month?
It is definitely not because of looks or safety concerns, because the Alto is not really better than Nano in both these departments.
Maruti's strong service network can be cited as a reason for the sake of argument, but that too is not the real reason here.
Just see how Renault with its relatively weak service network is managing to outsell Hyundai's Eon month after month with it's Kwid, and it becomes clear.
Tata, which had a much better service network than Renault, could have outsold atleast Eon, had they not associated the "Cheap car" image with the name Nano.

Just like how you wish about that small second car in your post, many people are willing to make nano their second or third car.
But Nano as the only car in family is a big no for a majority, whereas Alto is perfectly ok for most of them.
That is what I wanted to convey.

Last edited by VinodDevil81 : 10th April 2016 at 02:19.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2016, 07:38   #259
Senior - BHPian

Global NCAP expresses disappointment over Bajaj’s misleading statement on the EuroCap safety rating!

Bajaj's statement that implied that the Qute quadricycle has achieved ‘superior’ Euro NCAP safety rating than cars like VW Polo, Ford Figo, Hyundai i10, Maruti Alto, and Tata Nano.

The Bajaj Qute received 1-star rating in the quadricycle crash test while the India-spec variants of the aforementioned cars were awarded 0-star rating under more stringent testing parameters
Name:  BajajQuteGlobalNCAPlettertoRajivBajaj.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  106.7 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th April 2016 at 07:41.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 19:31   #260

Is the Qute being launched? Saw three of them in Peenya Industrial Area with Temporary MH registration and sporting Khivraj Motors Stickers.
SanScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote