Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 13th February 2012, 18:55   #1
Default HAL Buses

Having born and brought up in the HAL colony, Marathally, I always used to fancy driving a HAL bus! (knew flying aeroplanes was going to remain a dream always! ) To me, these were the most modern looking and neat buses I had ever seen then. Some of these buses used to sport the original Benz logo!

Almost every kid brought up in this area would have traveled in a HAL bus at least once.. Going to school and to college was always in a HAL bus and used to love every minute in it!

I really love and have not seen any coach till date like the one built by TVS with the huge front glass (split) area and almost with all aluminium finish inside.

Share your thoughts if you have traveled at least once or if you have any pictures of these beauties!

Last edited by vinair : 13th February 2012 at 18:57.
vinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 20:11   #2
Default Re: HAL Buses

Really nice for you to have brought up this topic!
Truly said, everyone who has been in those years at the HAL township would have seen the Benz buses and even travelled in them.
They used to have small windows, curved shape with the huge Benz symbol over a netted grill, spoked steering and very clean.
I was brought up at HAL Nasik and those buses were for our daily drive to school and picnics. They served for a long time, before being replaced by the Leylands
renney.varghese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 23:54   #3
Default Re: HAL Buses

Offtopic , but wanted to share this with the team ...I havent traveled in a HAL bus , but once when we were doing a project in HAL I felt a dropping on my shirt and fearing the worst I started checking what it was and realized that it was the skin of a 'Avarekayi' / 'Averekayi Sippe' which was thrown the big window of the beautiful blue bus.

Do they still have the same color scheme , would love to see a pic of the bus.
mazda4life is offline   Reply With Quote