Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 16th February 2012, 19:51   #16
BHPian

Default Re: 3 wheeler for the price of a 4 wheeler, WHY?

How ever much these guys pay for the vehicle, they recover with the running cost. I had asked an auto driver once about his daily expenses & listen to the response:

How many Kgs can the tank take ? "3 or 3.5 Kg depending on weather"
How much will that cost ? "Rs. 100 or so"
How long does it take to fill gas ? "About 4-5 hours due to the queue"
How long does it last ? "Around 100-120 kms... if you drive properly" -> I said in my mind "That is impossible... Drive properly autos !!! "

Now you do the math - even if they get 100 Kms - That's Re. 1 per Km & imagine what they charge you... Rs. 11/-

I have been thinking since a long time to an auto for my conveyance in Mumbai, when I don't use it will be out getting me fare money... What say ?
90BHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 08:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
My guess would be a huge amount attributable towards registration, route permits, etc. (permits are widely black-marketed) which pushes up the On-road price to over twice the Ex-Showroom price which used to be southwards of INR 1 lakh (80-90k or thereabouts). As is the case with Taxis, you have to show a valid route permit first before buying/taking delivery of your rick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
So does that mean the ex-showroom price of the Auto is very very less?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Yes, a typical Bajaj RE 4S used to cost 90k rupees around 4 years ago. Including inflation, I assume it to cost around 1.1-1.2 lac now...
New Petrol auto will cost around 1.5lks excluding road tax, insurance and permits.
So on road will be around 1.7 lks.
Here in chennai new permits are given now. But the permit cost is relatively low around 400 to 500 for a quarter.

Looking at these figures you can understand how Nano price positioned.

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th February 2012 at 03:10. Reason: typo corrected :)
Ashley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 10:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
New Petrol auto will cost around 1.5lks excluding road tax, isnurance and permits.
So on road will be around 1.7 lks.

Looking at these figures you can understand how Nano price positioned.
So, I was right about the pricing. An auto & a Nano is priced similarly & Bajaj is reaping in huge profits due to lack of competition.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 15:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post

How many Kgs can the tank take ? "3 or 3.5 Kg depending on weather"
How much will that cost ? "Rs. 100 or so"
A kg of autogas (LPG) costs Rs. 44.50 in Bangalore. According to that auto-driver's response, it is around Rs. 33 per kg in Mumbai. Is it really that much cheap in Mumbai?
sandsun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 20:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
A kg of autogas (LPG) costs Rs. 44.50 in Bangalore. According to that auto-driver's response, it is around Rs. 33 per kg in Mumbai. Is it really that much cheap in Mumbai?
Well this conversation was from around a year back, I am not sure of the current rates but, I am sure they are below Rs. 40

If the below website is correct - Then, it is stil the same... Mumbai CNG Price | CNG price in Mumbai | Current CNG price in Mumbai | Latest CNG price in Mumbai | Historical CNG prices in Mumbai

Check out this fuel chart.
Name:  Fuel Chart.JPG
Views: 1484
Size:  38.7 KB

Last edited by 90BHP : 27th February 2012 at 20:37. Reason: Added image
90BHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 11:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Well this conversation was from around a year back, I am not sure of the current rates but, I am sure they are below Rs. 40

If the below website is correct - Then, it is stil the same... Mumbai CNG Price | CNG price in Mumbai | Current CNG price in Mumbai | Latest CNG price in Mumbai | Historical CNG prices in Mumbai

Check out this fuel chart.
Attachment 894473
Got the point now! What you mentioned would be for CNG! But here in Bangalore, Autorickshaws run on Autogas (LPG). If you see Mumbai Autogas prices from the same website, it seems to be around Rs. 42/- KG!
sandsun7 is offline   Reply With Quote