Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 16th April 2012, 11:34   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Mercedes Buses on Jamshedpur-Patna Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Mercs are not cheaper and are always dearer by few lakhs (or at par)

The statement of Merc better than Volvo holds good in terms of body reliability but IMHO, Volvo aggregates are much better(but for pusher axle tyre wear).
The price was for a Merc was 1.20 crore while it was 90 lakhs for a Volvo. Link to article for proof:Bihar-tourism.com - Explore the rich tradition & culture of Bihar
searchingheaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 14:08   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Sir please read again.

Did I mention roads?
My mistake phamilyman. Apologies.

If Bihar gov is buying buses from Merc, they will surely set up a service centre. By the way, Merc has its presence in Patna since long (passenger cars).
nozzlering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 14:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

I read this news in Patna when I was there 10 days back. Road condition between Patna and Jamshedpur is very good. Patna - Biharshareif - Nawada - Barhi - Bagodar - Hazaribagh - Ramgarh - Ranchi - Jamshedpur is the route for these buses.

During this trip, I had driven from Kodarma - Patna (Almost 200 Kms) in above stretch.

Gone are the days when only politicians buses were plying in above route that too from the first family of Bihar. It was believed that younger "brother in law" of first family of Bihar had more than 50 buses during their "GREEN" days and forcefully he removed BSRTC and other private operators from this always full, profitable routes. He had "Kabja" of other good routes as well of Bihar.
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 17:13   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
The roads also in these states need to be improved to run these type of services.
IF the roads are bad, then its even more of a reason to offer a product that has great ride quality...not the other way around.

Last edited by Mpower : 20th April 2012 at 17:34.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 17:39   #20
BHPian

Everything is improving in Bihar from road to road transport system. Mango man can enjoy the ride on these luxury buses. I suggest these buses should be provided by on board security. These routes are profitable routes and this creates enough goons to jeopardise this initiative.
aditya@pune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 19:24   #21
BHPian

As you can see the name (.:: Gaurav Luxury ::.), it is a collaboration between government and private operator. I have seen similar setup in West Bengal too (Royal Cruiser, Jai Dada). So the routes will still be held by the influential goons, near and dear ones of political parties. We will be getting a better ride though..
nozzlering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2012, 22:45   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

so I found out today that there is a similar service being started in LKO-DEL sector by Mercedes buses (2 volvos ply daily). The bus operators are still far worse than the genteel chaps i recall from my amdavad days, so I don't think these buses will fare much better. It didn't feel much better from the inside than the volvo next to it.

Should have a ride report tomorrow night - maybe a live feed
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2012, 22:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

But buses are worst designed and does not look like it is Merc. Orange curtains, blue seats, red bus. It could have been better atleast curtain part. Do not know how long these curtains will hold in these buses.
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 13:54   #24
BHPian

New pics after about a year's running on our state's roads. A state which has had 8 CM's and 3 rounds of Prez rule in just 12 years of existence.

SRC: Official Site
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes Buses on Jamshedpur-Patna Route-4.jpg  

Mercedes Buses on Jamshedpur-Patna Route-5.jpg  

Mercedes Buses on Jamshedpur-Patna Route-7.jpg  

Mercedes Buses on Jamshedpur-Patna Route-9.jpg  

Mercedes Buses on Jamshedpur-Patna Route-10.jpg  

Mercedes Buses on Jamshedpur-Patna Route-11.jpg  

Mercedes Buses on Jamshedpur-Patna Route-12.jpg  

Mercedes Buses on Jamshedpur-Patna Route-13.jpg  

Mercedes Buses on Jamshedpur-Patna Route-14.jpg  

Mercedes Buses on Jamshedpur-Patna Route-15.jpg  

Mercedes Buses on Jamshedpur-Patna Route-16.jpg  

Mercedes Buses on Jamshedpur-Patna Route-17.jpg  

Mercedes Buses on Jamshedpur-Patna Route-3.jpg  

Last edited by searchingheaven : 10th June 2013 at 14:08.
searchingheaven is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 14:57   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Surprised and pleased to see these busses. Way to go for Bihar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
Did I see that these are manual and not automatic? Automatic may be more modern? Opinions please, I have not formed mine as yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
Wonder why they choose Benz over Volvo ?
The roads also in these states need to be improved to run these type of services.
Competition, and Benz won. I believe that Volvo has lots of local input as far as body building is concerned, they faced a lot of wrath from operators for quality. Maybe quality won, surely Volvo may now up the ante. Bihar roads are suitable for Mercedes Busses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I am impressed! Perhaps Bihar is the first state to introduce Merc's in their fleet? ST here in Maharashtra uses Volvos under "Shivneri" brand.
I believe that Shivneri also runs Mercedes-Benz engines busses, I believe that the drive train is Benz, rest is Sutlej, na?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Mercs are not cheaper and are always dearer by few lakhs (or at par) The statement of Merc better than Volvo holds good interms of body reliability but IMHO, Volvo aggregates are much better(but for pusher axle tyre wear).
Some folks chose Mercs over BMW, this time the public gets to ride Mercs. If not happy, next round will probably be different marque busses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
New pics after about a year's running on our state's roads. A state which has had 8 CM's and 3 rounds of Prez rule in just 12 years of existence. SRC: Official Site
Merc busses will also lift aspeartions of the folks for other fascilities too. Lets see where this leads to.

Cheersd harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote