Team-BHP - SCOOP Pics : Tata Winger / Renault Master
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   SCOOP Pics : Tata Winger / Renault Master (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/131722-scoop-pics-tata-winger-renault-master.html)

The current Tata Winger is actually a phased out 90's Renault Trafic. now tata is planning to update Winger with the new vehicle. but seems like now they want to use Phased out 2008 Renault Master van. spotted this vehicle near Tata Workshop. no info about launch or specifications. this vehicle was a direct import.

SCOOP Pics : Tata Winger / Renault Master-img2013012300416.jpg

SCOOP Pics : Tata Winger / Renault Master-img2013012300419.jpg

SCOOP Pics : Tata Winger / Renault Master-124001_g_1.jpg
Source for image above

SCOOP Pics : Tata Winger / Renault Master-nissan__interstar_2_5_dci_150_renault_master_bgl__2008_3_lgw.jpg
Source for image above

Was hoping that Tata would develop a proper successor to the Winger, but looks like they are going the easier (and shameful) route of launching a dated licensed product. If then why can't they buy the dies and launch any of the Japanese UVs instead of these european ones.
P.S- this is the bigger counterpart of Trafic aka Winger.

I guess, getting European dies would be cheaper than buying Japanese dies (soaring Yen prices?) besides; the panel vans would have solid European look as well!

I think Traveler is getting a competition after all these years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R (Post 3024502)
I think Traveler is getting a competition after all these years.

That's a good thing. That could force the Force people to improve traveller:D. I would like to see more and more practical(i mean the real ones and not the bling-bling wannabe cheap types) RVs to roam around on our roads.

About the new tata master repro, there wont me much European other than the design left in the Indian make. They will fit some 3Ltr or more agricultural versions of their engines along with pathetic built to continue their 'Sealing the fate' spree.:deadhorse

I seriously wish they could bring out a passenger friendly van this time around.

Good find tushky :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 3024212)
Was hoping that Tata would develop a proper successor to the Winger, but looks like they are going the easier (and shameful) route of launching a dated licensed product. If then why can't they buy the dies and launch any of the Japanese UVs instead of these european ones.

Going OT ; but whats the surety that if someone buy Japanese UV stuff, it will be of a better quality if made here under a different company? :)

This looks bigger than Winger. I think they might retain this and put this as a competition for Traveler.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 3024598)
Going OT ; but whats the surety that if someone buy Japanese UV stuff, it will be of a better quality if made here under a different company? :)

That's a very good point.;) Me was just saying cause would very much like Japanese vans ( a la Hiace/Urvan and even the Hyundai H-1) to be launched here. But their respective companies would never do that to protect their 'premium' brand image.Duh... So this licensed route maybe the only way to get them.stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 3024598)
This looks bigger than Winger. I think they might retain this and put this as a competition for Traveler.

Most likely seems to be, again disappointed that they didn't develop in-house on their own and decided to license manufacture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 3024212)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 3024628)
again disappointed that they didn't develop in-house on their own and decided to license manufacture.

Well said Dicky! Fully agree with you.

Even today, the ERC at Pune is India's biggest auto R&D facility. It's shameful of Tata to take the shortcut route of "license-manufacturing-foreign-manufacturer's-phased-out-product", HM & PAL style.

Why Tata why?

Quote:

Originally Posted by directinjection (Post 3024654)

Why Tata why?

Keep costs lower. Development and tooling involves a lot of investment in a market which is choosy. This keeps the risks and investments lower. It worked with the Winger, it can work with this too!

I dont think it would be a facelift / new model for the Winger. If this design needs to be used, Renault might ask for a royalty and it would price Tata close to Japanese rivals.

I honestly feel, it is for some other purpose, it is being brought.

If at all Tata is using this van as a base, after paying royalty, I am sure Tata would have access to all those Dies, press, documentation and much more.

I think we are making assumptions here!...Lot of times the OEMs import vehicles from abroad for their R&D teams. Since Tata, has a research center in UK, probably they dont need to import to India to have a look at it. Not sure, what is this for, but definitely i dont think, this will be launched in India in this form.

quite possibly tata manufacturing equipment cannot manage the tolerances needed for the japanese designs :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamveevee (Post 3024993)
I think we are making assumptions here!...Lot of times the OEMs import vehicles from abroad for their R&D teams. Since Tata, has a research center in UK, probably they dont need to import to India to have a look at it. Not sure, what is this for, but definitely i dont think, this will be launched in India in this form.

Yes, this may be possible.
Definitely Tata may be looking for a similar kind of van and so they may have got this imported and are using it for their field trials.

So are we going to have the 2.2L Dicor in this one too ?

Its high time we had some competition to the Force Traveler and TATA would be the ideal competitor. These platforms would make for a good caravan as well. The only thing that works against is the low GC.