Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 4th August 2013, 16:10   #1
BHPian

Default Auto Rickshaw in Chennai with Wi-Fi, TV, Magazines. A ride like no other

Annadurai, an auto-rickshaw driver in Chennai, provides a rickshaw experience that is different from all others. His rickshaw boasts the following:
  • Free mobile battery charger
  • Watch T.V for Free of cost
  • Free WiFi
  • Free Books to read
  • Bumper prize contest for customers
  • Refer a poor child for Studies
  • And discount in fare for teachers and on special days.
  • Mobile and DTH recharge

LINK

PS. I have not experienced this personally, and am not attached to this venture in any measure. I came across this information on FB initially, and found other mentions on the internet elsewhere. Hence sharing the same here.
swarnava.m is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 16:49   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Auto Rickshaw in Chennai with Wi-Fi, TV, Magazines. A ride like no other.

Thanks for sharing this. Searched by his name and found this video on YouTube
vb-san is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 18:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
Annadurai, an auto-rickshaw driver in Chennai, provides a rickshaw experience that is different from all others. His rickshaw boasts the following:

[*]Free mobile battery charger[*]Watch T.V for Free of cost[*]Free WiFi[*]Free Books to read[*]Bumper prize contest for customers[*]Refer a poor child for Studies[*]And discount in fare for teachers and on special days.[*]Mobile and DTH recharge

LINK

PS. I have not experienced this personally, and am not attached to this venture in any measure. I came across this information on FB initially, and found other mentions on the internet elsewhere. Hence sharing the same here.
In 1987 in Chennai, my Dad and I took a short ride in Nungambakkam in an Auto Rickshaw whose owner-driver had fitted a TV and VCP in his vehicle. We were wow-ed at the time! This bloke may be that bloke's descendant considering it is now twenty six years on...
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 19:22   #4

Default Re: Auto Rickshaw in Chennai with Wi-Fi, TV, Magazines. A ride like no other.

That is a great initiative from Annadurai.
On a somewhat related note, some entrepreneur started a website, to book auto-rickshaw's online. The facility was started in Noida, although their website is down at the moment.
niladri83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 13:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

This is called "Namma Auto" and is even more interesting! I have not yet travelled by one of these, but intend to very shortly!

http://nammaauto.com/new/
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 14:43   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Auto Rickshaw in Chennai with Wi-Fi, TV, Magazines. A ride like no other

Thread moved to Commercial Vehicles. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 00:11   #7
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
This is called "Namma Auto" and is even more interesting! I have not yet travelled by one of these, but intend to very shortly!

http://nammaauto.com/new/
The other day I spotted an autorickshaw with a bold "Namma Auto" sticker on it and was wondering what's so special about it. Now I know.

If these guys can provide honest, efficient and courteous service with accurate metering, it would go a long way in changing the reputation (well deserved, IMHO) about Chennai's autorickshaw operators being the most greedy, rude and nasty ones when compared to their counterparts in other cities.
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 19:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
If these guys can provide honest, efficient and courteous service with accurate metering, it would go a long way in changing the reputation (well deserved, IMHO) about Chennai's autorickshaw operators being the most greedy, rude and nasty ones when compared to their counterparts in other cities.
If you all have observed, Namma Auto in chennai is running close to an year and they are nearing their anniversary shortly.

Namma Auto initiative is a revolutionary in Chennai by giving rebirth to Auto meter. The govt. recently cookie cut the Namma Auto model to rest of the 70000 autos on Chennai roads. It is definite boost to the public and I have heard many saying the good thing about Chennai Autos.

I'm closely connected to Namma Auto visionaries and expecting more from "Namma Auto" that is built with honesty.

Last edited by trammway : 9th March 2014 at 19:01.
trammway is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote