Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 14th July 2014, 17:03   #31
Default Re: Electric bus service proposed in Gujarat

Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Sorry for the confusion. The picture is just for reference.
No need to apologize. I realized that it was a reference picture when I scrolled up to the previous posts. I edited my post after that.
Pacifica is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2014, 23:05   #32
Default Re: BMTC to test all-electric BYD K9 bus for city use

Excellent Stuff, hope it starts soon. But why not have solar panels on the top of the bus charging the bus on the go? will it be very expensive? or will the charging be not that effective?
silverado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 09:09   #33
Default Re: BMTC to test all-electric BYD K9 bus for city use

BMTC in Bangalore has put the plans of running electric buses on hold after the 3 month trial period. I will not be surprised if Gujarat follows suit.

High costs put brakes on BMTC's green bus plans

The cost of each bus is prohibitive. So they are looking for some company which would be ready to run it on a per km contract basis.

It is the same issue dogging even the personal electric vehicle industry (Mahindra Reva). They really need to invest in R&D to bring down the costs. Will the fossil fuel lobbyists allow it?
Bh.P is offline   Reply With Quote