Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2014, 20:14   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,054
Thanked: 434 Times
Default Re: Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods

Along with the law on protruding rods, they should also ensure that trucks carrying construction material (Cement, Sand, Jelly stones) are always covered. These are also hazardous for the vehicles which are either behind them or trying to overtake them, as some materials are bound to wind up on your vehicle if the truck goes through a bump.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 21:06   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 1,279 Times
Default Re: Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Along with the law on protruding rods, they should also ensure that trucks carrying construction material (Cement, Sand, Jelly stones) are always covered. These are also hazardous for the vehicles which are either behind them or trying to overtake them, as some materials are bound to wind up on your vehicle if the truck goes through a bump.
Along with that, I've seen very, very few trucks with the Under-Run Bars spoken about here (Under-Run Bars on Trucks : Why they are important for YOU!).

And those that do have it, have their number plates covered by the same.

Today, I saw an auto with the protective door like thing at the bar hanging down instead of being suspended to make room for oversized cargo. This too, had covered up the number plate.

And yesterday, I spotted this:

Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods-temp.jpg

And look at the number plate, there are no letters between the KA 03 and the Registration Number!
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 21:16   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,983
Thanked: 2,664 Times
Default Re: Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
And look at the number plate, there are no letters between the KA 03 and the Registration Number!
I do not see anything wrong with the number. It looks like an old vehicle
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 21:20   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 1,279 Times
Default Re: Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I do not see anything wrong with the number. It looks like an old vehicle
Right, thanks.

I thought vehicles had to have those letter in the Registration Plate.
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2014, 14:06   #20
Distinguished - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,247
Thanked: 4,931 Times
Default Re: Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I do not see anything wrong with the number. It looks like an old vehicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Right, thanks.

I thought vehicles had to have those letter in the Registration Plate.
The first series of CVs or transport vehicles don't get an alphabetical series. After that they are allotted A, B and so on.

Please report the pic on public eye if you havent done.
audioholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2014, 22:53   #21
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,358
Thanked: 13,315 Times
Default Re: Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Right, thanks.

I thought vehicles had to have those letter in the Registration Plate.
IIRC registration numbers will have letters after the number cross 9999, i.e 1-9999.

Eg: KA 03 0001 to KA 03 9999, the next vehicle registered would be KA 03 A 0001.

Correct me if I am wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This rule if it ever gets applied will be a boon as many accidents happen due to long loads that are carried without any protect hazard warning/lights that could make other road users attentive. There is a manufacturing site of a company named Kirby who build steel beams for industrial sheds. When these trucks set-out for delivery they block traffic miles together due to their loads and over-protruding beams. The traffic police also turns a blind eye to this, I have seen many cars having their windshield broken due to these loads and a few cars scratched due to miss-calculation by the driver.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2014, 00:57   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 1,279 Times
Default Re: Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The first series of CVs or transport vehicles don't get an alphabetical series. After that they are allotted A, B and so on.

Please report the pic on public eye if you havent done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
IIRC registration numbers will have letters after the number cross 9999, i.e 1-9999.

Eg: KA 03 0001 to KA 03 9999, the next vehicle registered would be KA 03 A 0001.
Thanks for the tip guys!

And yes, reported on Public Eye.

But as you guys say. This is a nexus that the cops are all too familiar with. Bribe him an amount and go scot free for the entire month.
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 15:00   #23
BHPian
 
mints21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: India
Posts: 735
Thanked: 1,180 Times
Default Re: Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods

This is very recent, day before yesterday. God knows when will we see the actual implementation of this law.

Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods-recent.jpg
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 19:52   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 1,279 Times
Default Re: Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods

As you guys suggested, I posted the picture from post #17 on Public Eye, the response was a little unexpected.

Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods-auto.jpg

How is the violation not clear?
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 19:58   #25
Distinguished - BHPian
 
paragsachania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 4,250
Thanked: 10,506 Times
Default Re: Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
As you guys suggested, I posted the picture from post #17 on Public Eye, the response was a little unexpected.

Attachment 1221993

How is the violation not clear?
Now paste the same screenshot in BTP's FB page and we will have many from the Public reacting for you, positively.

No way can BTP ignore the blatant violation here. As a passenger Vehicle, it is also carrying load (not luggage) which also is an offence.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 20:00   #26
Distinguished - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,247
Thanked: 4,931 Times
Default Re: Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods

I clearly remember doing the same thing. I booked a tempo as well as a bike for carrying long rods. The violation was rejected but in the remarks they mentioned that a FTR violation was raised from their internal mechanism. Guess asking for clarification on the FB page will be the best idea.
audioholic is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 20:41   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 1,279 Times
Default Re: Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Now paste the same screenshot in BTP's FB page and we will have many from the Public reacting for you, positively.

No way can BTP ignore the blatant violation here. As a passenger Vehicle, it is also carrying load (not luggage) which also is an offence.
I've done the exact same thing close to an hour ago. No reply from BTP yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Guess asking for clarification on the FB page will be the best idea.

Hope it works out for me like it did for you.
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 21:29   #28
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,358
Thanked: 13,315 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
As you guys suggested, I posted the picture from post #17 on Public Eye, the response was a little unexpected.

How is the violation not clear?
Lol.

Voilation not clear - Eh?! The was drunk (blur vision due to sedation) I guess or he needs to get his eyes checked when the complaint was rejected. The 'load' is clearly visible on to of the Auto and the BTP says 'Not Clear'!

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 21:36   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 1,279 Times
Default Re: Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Lol.

Voilation not clear - Eh?! The was drunk (blur vision due to sedation) I guess or he needs to get his eyes checked when the complaint was rejected. The 'load' is clearly visible on to of the Auto and the BTP says 'Not Clear'!

Anurag.
I think we share similar views on the matter.
And, the horse here is my representative for BTP.

Is there a law that specifically bans a Passenger Auto from carrying load as is seen here?
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 23:53   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 1,279 Times
Default Re: Welcome Move! Govt bans Trucks from carrying protruding rods

And some good news from the end of BTP, I got this response today.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 268
Size:  19.6 KB

But when I checked the violations for the vehicle, I didn't find the new violation there. Hope it's raised soon.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 21st March 2014 at 23:55.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mumbai Fire Brigade Trucks - Volvo FM400 & MAN trucks Rosso Corsa Commercial Vehicles 15 5th February 2017 13:13
Whoohoo!! A weekend of Hot-rods!! Nitin Beyond Borders 29 21st July 2014 16:08
Govt move to put Oil cess on Income Tax EDIT: Wrong news dkhatau The Indian Car Scene 38 29th May 2008 20:58
Hot-Rods by the master... Chip Foose ranjan united The International Automotive Scene 3 21st July 2006 15:56
Pics: American Muscle Cars & Hot Rods chaxy The International Automotive Scene 9 4th November 2005 17:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks