Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 10th October 2014, 08:30   #16
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: Airport-like Bus Terminal in Vadodara, GJ

Yes - once in thailand I saw a shopkeeper clean the street and put the trash in his shop bin. In india every one from an audi to an auto litters on the street. It boils my blood seeing it in chennai everyday, but what can you do while driving a car in these narrow streets?
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 12:37   #17

Kudos to the state transport for the swanky new building.But like my fellow BHpians have said ,the need of the hour is basic facilities to be available at travel points ,be it railways,bus or other transport sources.

A clean restroom is such a relief after a long journey but how many places are they offered in India. I don't think anybody would mind paying a small fee for availing such facilities.

And IMO ,India on a whole would be much cleaner if the Govt. just banned pan masala and gutkas .But that won't be happening soon as long the manufacturers and the law makers are hand in glove with each other.

Till then we should be doing our small bit in cleanliness and hope sense prevails in keeping our surroundings and official establishments a bit cleaner.
Seventhgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2014, 14:42   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Since this is at Vadodara feel the need to point out that:
Buses from Bombay which have a stop scheduled at Vadodara on the way to Ahmedabad rarely stop in the city and only drop people on the outskirts in the middle on nowhere at an unearthly hour as they are always delayed on the Baruch Bridge. To make up time they skip entry into Vadodara and the terminal as well. Referring to the private operators.

Last edited by ACM : 11th October 2014 at 14:44.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 13:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

I would like to see pics of this terminal as on today just to see how well our fellow countrymen have maintained it
amit is offline   Reply With Quote