Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread
Old 27th June 2014, 16:01   #76
Default Re: Isuzu launches D-Max @ Rs. 5.99 lakhs

Originally Posted by vinair View Post

The steering felt a little heavy and the controls were on the wrong side (for a Jap vehicle).
Can you please elaborate more on this and how much does it cost on road in Bangalore ?

Last edited by girimajiananth : 27th June 2014 at 16:04.
Old 27th June 2014, 16:22   #77

Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
I find a lot of people getting awed by the idea of owning a truck as a personal vehicle but then unless one has really thought it through, these things (even in their Double-cab or Crew-cab versions) are still only good as fun/weekend rides.

They do not have the same level of refinement or safety equipment (at least in India) & even with a double-cab, the space is at a premium. On a trip, one has to keep all the luggage in the cargo-bay & should you need anything in between, the vehicle has to be stopped, the driver or one of the passengers has to get down, go back to the cargo bay, get the required stuff & then start again.

So, I feel that a typical SUV still makes a lot more sense here, at least from a practical standpoint.
Err,i drove a toyota Hilux 3.0 D4-D crew cab for 6 months when I was in Thailand,I was quite comfortable driving through the crowded streets of Pattaya.Plus I used to comfortably enjoy my 120km daily commute.
If you are aware,In Thailand a lot of people use the pick up truck as their personal vehicle.In fact one of my managers (who was a swiss) used to drive a black Isuzu D-Max.It all depends on what you need as your daily drive.
In India trucks cost a bomb,hence people feel its a weekend car+the idiotic laws where one need to go through all the hassles of registering the truck as a private car.
If Isuzu comes out with a crew cab I would be more than happy to buy one to replace my swift.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 27th June 2014 at 16:28.
Old 27th June 2014, 18:38   #78

I have 2 of the D-Max twin cabs and 1 single cab in my company fleet here in Saudi Arabia. One is nearing 200,000kms. They have only needed the bare minimum maintenance & the regular consumables inspite of each being used by different people mostly at work sites in the desert operating in ambient temps of upto 53 deg C. Its built like a tank. Isuzu holds almost 60% of the diesel pick-up market share in this country inspite of competition from Toyota, Mitsubishi, Mazda etc that have full fledged commercial vehicle operations here. Ofcourse, for the super smooth highways here & high speeds, I would anyday prefer to drive a petrol pick-up for extended intercity travel.

Myself hoping to go into farming in future and knowing this vehicle, I will not hesitate to put my money on it as a work mule provided after sales & parts are handled properly by Isuzu India.

Last edited by Haroon : 27th June 2014 at 18:39.
Haroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 19:44   #79
Senior - BHPian

No, not the driver but at least the distant uncle's son's daughter who is sitting in the last row while on a trip surely can & pass it on if I need it

Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am confused here. you mean, in a vehicle like an Innova or Safari you can reach into the rear third row seat area to get stuff? Well Plastic Man can do it, but not ordinary mortals
Old 30th June 2014, 00:10   #80
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note: Team-BHP's Isuzu D-Max Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread.

Saw this in Auto Expo this year! shame isuzu was not letting any visitor to check it out. only distant viewing.

Last edited by GTO : 26th July 2014 at 15:02. Reason: Link to Review
Closed Thread