Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2016, 12:23   #181
BHPian
 
abhishek46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 930
Thanked: 1,699 Times
Default Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaism View Post
Any update on the pricing and launch of the Dmax Vcross ?
The cat is out of the Bag now.
12.49 Lakh Ex-Showroom.

http://overdrive.in/news/isuzu-d-max...rs-12-49-lakh/
abhishek46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 17:05   #182
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 460
Thanked: 787 Times
Default Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
The cat is out of the Bag now.
12.49 Lakh Ex-Showroom.

http://overdrive.in/news/isuzu-d-max...rs-12-49-lakh/
It does not seem to be clear if this is for a bare bones stripped down variant or for the fully loaded one. The Overdrive reviews says there is only one variant, which is fully loaded. However, photos doing the rounds, including the one posted here on this forum show a stripped down version that does not have any infotainment system.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2016, 16:33   #183
B_T
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Had been to the Marathalli outlet in Bangalore. They said that the demo car for the crew cab one (bare bones) will be out next month, however, it comes only in yellow board ! No pvt registration. Quite disappointed by this, was eagerly waiting for the crew cab. Cant afford a V-cross.
B_T is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 16:22   #184
Newbie
 
prashiee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Hi Guys Isuzu D-Max will cost 15.15 Lakhs Approx on road in Chennai. It is without cruise control, no rear ac vents (whether it is needed for a small cabin compared to bigger SUV's requires validation), no audio system but the steering has some buttons for aftermarket units, no chrome embellishments on the rear bumper nor the chrome striped extended door handles or any dead pedal. The quality they say will be improved from the demo vehicle and the introductory price is only for the first 35 odd customers or so.
prashiee is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 17:52   #185
Senior - BHPian
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN 75
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 377 Times
Default Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashiee View Post
Hi Guys Isuzu D-Max will cost 15.15 Lakhs Approx on road in Chennai. It is without cruise control, no rear ac vents (whether it is needed for a small cabin compared to bigger SUV's requires validation), no audio system but the steering has some buttons for aftermarket units, no chrome embellishments on the rear bumper nor the chrome striped extended door handles or any dead pedal. The quality they say will be improved from the demo vehicle and the introductory price is only for the first 35 odd customers or so.
Hi , where you able to take any photos of the D-max V-cross that is available for sale ?

Seems it's a stripped down version to international ones.
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 18:04   #186
Newbie
 
prashiee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

From the dealership yard in Chennai
Attached Images
 
prashiee is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 20:36   #187
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,652
Thanked: 7,206 Times
Default Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashiee View Post
From the dealership yard in Chennai
From the picture it doesn't seem so long as describer, is it longer than Tata Xenon? Your take if you have seen it in person?
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 20:49   #188
Newbie
 
prashiee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
From the picture it doesn't seem so long as describer, is it longer than Tata Xenon? Your take if you have seen it in person?
I cannot say if it is longer than Xenon but it felt so. It seems definitely longer than those SUV's out there and the cabin seemed a bit wider too. The three quarter pic was because there was no room available for me to take the side profile - which meant it was long. The pictures really don't do justice, It has an imposing stature and looked taller and butch. Cant deny I was secretly admiring it.
prashiee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 01:06   #189
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: delhi
Posts: 48
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashiee View Post
Hi Guys Isuzu D-Max will cost 15.15 Lakhs Approx on road in Chennai. It is without cruise control, no rear ac vents (whether it is needed for a small cabin compared to bigger SUV's requires validation), no audio system but the steering has some buttons for aftermarket units, no chrome embellishments on the rear bumper nor the chrome striped extended door handles or any dead pedal. The quality they say will be improved from the demo vehicle and the introductory price is only for the first 35 odd customers or so.
Thanks for the information buddy.
I have booked a vehicle here in Delhi and your post makes me feel concerned about two things.
1. Lack of audio system and subsequently lack of may be some other stuff, though when I saw the car in auto expo I was assured that the car would be loaded with all the features as displayed except the after market accessories like bull bar, roll over bar, tub liner etc.
2. This thing about the first 35 customers only getting the introductory price....... Now is it really possible that Isuzu would be so foolhardy that after announcing a nice price of 12.49 and gathering more than a thousand bookings in Delhi NCR alone (as reported by the guy who came to collect the cheque form me) they would pull a fast one and limit the introductory rice to a paltry 35?? I don't think that is logical.
Regards
RT

PS Though I am damn happy if they leave out a bit of chrome. I seriously fail to see how chrome (rather the amount of) has become the measure of how upmarket a vehicle is!!!

I have a few questions about the new vehicle when it starts delivery. perhaps some of you might be able to shed some light.

1. What is the procedure/general route to getting more meaty tyres fitted onto your vehicle as soon as you get delivery? I mean does the dealer give you an option of replacement tyres or you pay for the new tyres in full and hope to get some money in the market for the original set that came with the vehicle? Also how do the new bigger tyres affect the vehicle in terms of Warranty, Speedometer/Odometer reading, Angle between the differential and gearbox....? About the third and last point I am not sure whether I have the technical term correct, but I have read that if you raise any vehicle then you do have to worry about the angle at which the drive shaft meets the differential.

2. Does anyone have any idea about the accessories that Isuzu dealers will be stocking. My main concerns are tub liner and canopy. I also want to find out about the bull bar and rear bar(is that the correct term?). But I guess those two are not that difficult to fabricate.

3. I have seen a lot of Dmaxes in Thailand. so it goes to reason that there must be a large after market of accessories out there. How does one go about getting accessories from there in case of unavailability here? In my profession I do import a lot of furniture from China but don't have a clue about auto accessories from Thailand. May be afew of new owners can gang up and import a 20' container full of fancy stuff!!

4. Last but the most formidable!! What are the possibilities/procedure to convert this vehicle down the line from a manual to an automatic? They aren't offering an automatic now and don't seem likely to do so for another couple of years. So in case one is torn between wanting an automatic or afraid of the possibility of a price rise later on.... I mean that I want to grab a vehicle right now at this price point in case they introduce an automatic two years hence at 16-17 lakhs. So I want to explore the possibility of conversion to automatic. This may sound funny or far fetched...but its a question. So please answer if you can.

Thanks and regards
RT

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th May 2016 at 11:19. Reason: merged back to back posts
dyer_made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 07:39   #190
Newbie
 
prashiee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyer_made View Post
Thanks for the information buddy.
I have booked a vehicle here in Delhi and your post makes me feel concerned about two things.
1. Lack of audio system and subsequently lack of may be some other stuff, though when I saw the car in auto expo I was assured that the car would be loaded with all the features as displayed except the after market accessories like bull bar, roll over bar, tub liner etc.
2. This thing about the first 35 customers only getting the introductory price....... Now is it really possible that Isuzu would be so foolhardy that after announcing a nice price of 12.49 and gathering more than a thousand bookings in Delhi NCR alone (as reported by the guy who came to collect the cheque form me) they would pull a fast one and limit the introductory rice to a paltry 35?? I don't think that is logical.
Regards
RT

PS Though I am damn happy if they leave out a bit of chrome. I seriously fail to see how chrome (rather the amount of) has become the measure of how upmarket a vehicle is!!!
Seriously. There is no audio system, reverse cam, speakers or parking sensors. There is no dead pedal. It is dual tone with beige giving a feeling of Sandalwood color. The wing mirrors don't auto fold and there is no embedded indicators. If you see on the dash there is a neat covered tray in the international models, well they have let that open with a dip. The rear seats require a little bolstering for under thigh support I thought. The rear centre armrest is a crude rectangle with no cup holders. Dealer said there will be fabric on doors, the demo vehicle had yellow plastic. If you see the front doors. The grey plastic crudely overlaps the beige plastic and does not blend. I can see ants crawling in already. No over the door handle on driver side. It has no underseal parcel tray. I guess you can lock one glove box though. The centre arm rest console comes with no cushion making my elbows feel very uncomfortable when seated there. I wished there was ambient lighting. I did not understand why the Japanese companies in India downsize the tyres when it is available for 17 inch worldwide. The dull looking alloys seemed sturdy though with the 5 spoke trim. I don't remember seeing a headlight level adjustment module in this though it has projector lamps. There is no bull bar, no tub linen, no passenger step so I guess if one is willing to import then the customisations and upgrade options are limitless.
prashiee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 16:21   #191
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: delhi
Posts: 48
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashiee View Post
Seriously. There is no audio system, reverse cam, speakers or parking sensors. There is no dead pedal. It is dual tone with beige giving a feeling of Sandalwood color. The wing mirrors don't auto fold and there is no embedded indicators. If you see on the dash there is a neat covered tray in the international models, well they have let that open with a dip. The rear seats require a little bolstering for under thigh support I thought. The rear centre armrest is a crude rectangle with no cup holders. Dealer said there will be fabric on doors, the demo vehicle had yellow plastic. If you see the front doors. The grey plastic crudely overlaps the beige plastic and does not blend. I can see ants crawling in already. No over the door handle on driver side. It has no underseal parcel tray. I guess you can lock one glove box though. The centre arm rest console comes with no cushion making my elbows feel very uncomfortable when seated there. I wished there was ambient lighting. I did not understand why the Japanese companies in India downsize the tyres when it is available for 17 inch worldwide. The dull looking alloys seemed sturdy though with the 5 spoke trim. I don't remember seeing a headlight level adjustment module in this though it has projector lamps. There is no bull bar, no tub linen, no passenger step so I guess if one is willing to import then the customisations and upgrade options are limitless.
I just spoke with the dealer. He confirmed that there won't be a stereo in the car but said that the rest would be the same as the auto expo car.
In light of the above the price has been reduced to 12.30 lakhs.
Also the introductory price is in place till October after which it will increase. The company is planning to sell 300 vehicles at this price. Isuzu Delhi has collected approximately 70 bookings so far.
dyer_made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 00:58   #192
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 24
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

I intended to book the VCross last week but a few things made me change my mind:

1. Now the touchscreen infotainment system has been made standard (after customer feedback), however the price has gone up by 36k.
2. Old price ex-Chd: 12.38 + 10k (handling charges) + 2k Mudflaps & footmats = 12.51
New Price: 12.72 + 10K + 4k = 12.86 (infotainment system standard)

3. No TD vehicle as yet with the dealer
4. The dealer refusing to allow me to insure my vehicle on my own.
5. He is also not sure if the NCB I am currently availing will be adjusted in the new insurance.
6. Beige interiors.... Really?
7. The rear seating and read door seems smaller than a standard sedan door, I want to be sure its not cramped or ingress and egress is not a problem.
8. AT version not available (as yet)
9. No 6 speed as I had driven in Thailand.
10. Auto Foldable ORVM's.... not yet confirmed.
11. Lack of clarity on TCS tax.... Yes wef 01 Jun 2016, all vehicles above 10 lakhs, buyers will have to pay TCS @ 1%
12. The biggest issue, the company is unresponsive to numerous emails i had sent wrt corroborate what the dealer told me.

After some bad experiences with some dealers I make it a point to corroborate details with the RSM or ASM. It was after a lot of phone calls that I got hold of and was able to speak to the RSM.

The price has gone up as of 13 May (as the infotainment system is now a standard fitment), I see many folks quoting the old price.
Mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 17:31   #193
BHPian
 
Imran Ahmad Ali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 68
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
I intended to book the VCross last week but a few things made me change my mind:

1. Now the touchscreen infotainment system has been made standard (after customer feedback), however the price has gone up by 36k.
2. Old price ex-Chd: 12.38 + 10k (handling charges) + 2k Mudflaps & footmats = 12.51
New Price: 12.72 + 10K + 4k = 12.86 (infotainment system standard)

3. No TD vehicle as yet with the dealer
4. The dealer refusing to allow me to insure my vehicle on my own.
5. He is also not sure if the NCB I am currently availing will be adjusted in the new insurance.
6. Beige interiors.... Really?
7. The rear seating and read door seems smaller than a standard sedan door, I want to be sure its not cramped or ingress and egress is not a problem.
8. AT version not available (as yet)
9. No 6 speed as I had driven in Thailand.
10. Auto Foldable ORVM's.... not yet confirmed.
11. Lack of clarity on TCS tax.... Yes wef 01 Jun 2016, all vehicles above 10 lakhs, buyers will have to pay TCS @ 1%
12. The biggest issue, the company is unresponsive to numerous emails i had sent wrt corroborate what the dealer told me.

After some bad experiences with some dealers I make it a point to corroborate details with the RSM or ASM. It was after a lot of phone calls that I got hold of and was able to speak to the RSM.

The price has gone up as of 13 May (as the infotainment system is now a standard fitment), I see many folks quoting the old price.

I was at Krishna BMW in Chandigarh when I saw a batch of the V- Max. Have to admit that even among a bunch of BMW's it stood out. I wouldn't give Krishna the best review when it comes to customer satisfaction but anyhow the vehicle looked amazing. They had a test drive vehicle which actually had a long line of customers waiting to get behind the wheel.

I have a friend who cancelled the booking just because of the way the dealership was handling it.

As far as what I saw all the vehicles had a standard Music system i.e the touchscreen. The lining was standard.

We have all sorts of vehicles in the family but apart from Dads Brother in the UAE who has a Ford F-150 no one has a truck and I want to get one. A friend who had earlier mocked at me when I wanted to pick-up a Xenon calling it a Milkmans vehicle said he was very impressed and he would give up his X1 as long as his dad agreed for this car.

Apart from the 10k as "handling charges" the vehicle seems pretty value for money.

As of now they dont have a seperate showroom to sell these vehicles so they are getting delivered from where you get a BMW Back from service which is quite a let down.

I wonder how they will manage the service though. In my garage my Innova is approximately 11 years old now and with no problems crossed 1,75,000 km and I probably may get the V-cross as a replacement

The concern I have is seeing it on the road and driving behind it I felt that the back had a lot of vibration. Is it normal in a pickup of this cost ?
Imran Ahmad Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 21:22   #194
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,148
Thanked: 2,788 Times
Default Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Quote:
I wouldn't give Krishna the best review when it comes to customer satisfaction
That's strange, they are normally very polite. Perhaps you are used to a different reception at your usual place due to past association I will suggest you to give them a try for sure - they are amongst best dealers for BMW and owner himself gets involved in daily stuff and maintain high professional decorum, maybe they are short on infrastructure presently.

Quote:
As far as what I saw all the vehicles had a standard Music system i.e the touchscreen.
I don't think this is standard & they must have added separately.
Quote:
We have all sorts of vehicles in the family but apart from Dads Brother in the UAE who has a Ford F-150 no one has a truck and I want to get one
Quote:
The concern I have is seeing it on the road and driving behind it I felt that the back had a lot of vibration. Is it normal in a pickup of this cost ?
FORD should be Petrol Perhaps you should test drive TATA Xenon - Crew Cab 4x4 tomorrow and then update your views here
Quote:
Apart from the 10k as "handling charges" the vehicle seems pretty value for money.
I think this is standard across all manufacturers now perhaps some portion of this goes toward freight and balance on other overheads.

Quote:
As of now they dont have a separate showroom to sell these vehicles so they are getting delivered from where you get a BMW Back from service which is quite a letdown.
For a while only, they are coming with one of the largest showrooms for ISUZU on Airport road which should be even larger than Toyota showrooms in the region.

You can go through this thread as well which has more daily updates for this vehicle

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...oss-4x4-6.html (Off-roading with the Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 4x4)

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th July 2016 at 21:24.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 00:41   #195
BHPian
 
Imran Ahmad Ali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 68
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
That's strange, they are normally very polite. Perhaps you are used to a different reception at your usual place due to past association I will suggest you to give them a try for sure - they are amongst best dealers for BMW and owner himself gets involved in daily stuff and maintain high professional decorum, maybe they are short on infrastructure presently.


I don't think this is standard & they must have added separately.



FORD should be Petrol Perhaps you should test drive TATA Xenon - Crew Cab 4x4 tomorrow and then update your views here

I think this is standard across all manufacturers now perhaps some portion of this goes toward freight and balance on other overheads.


For a while only, they are coming with one of the largest showrooms for ISUZU on Airport road which should be even larger than Toyota showrooms in the region.

You can go through this thread as well which has more daily updates for this vehicle

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...oss-4x4-6.html (Off-roading with the Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 4x4)
Maybe Mercedes spoils you with the way they treat you. The way they deal with you as a prospective customer and later as a customer doesnt change. Call it a one off experience but I didn't find it par with most dealerships. We own Toyotas, Mitsubishis, A ford, A nexa product, Mahindras, A Mercedes, A chevrolet, Tatas etc and they all have their ups and downs but for me its about the kind of vehicle you buy, you expect similar service. Krishna BMW never cut it for me.

They're short on infrastructure for Isuzu for sure, I think the music system is pretty much standard. It was there in all the brand new vehicles and I think they even raised the price because of the same.

Yes the Ford F-150 is a petrol. People hardly drive any Diesel in the UAE. Maybe trucks and busses not otherwise.

I doubt I'll drive the Xenon now. For todays market it doesnt make sense.

The handling charges are levied by the dealer. I had recently read somewhere that these charges arent specified by the manufacturer and are chosen arbitrarily by the dealer. A lot of dealerships dont charge it anymore. But maybe a norm with hot selling variants with some dealers.

When is the dealership expected by ?. As of now how those cars were being delivered were a disappointment but maybe I felt it because I was in a BMW showroom and those people were buying Isuzus.

Thankyou for the link. I shall follow it closely now

Regards

Imran
Imran Ahmad Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official: Isuzu to build MU-7 and D-Max at HM's Chennai Plant Edit: Launched @ Rs.22L Achyuth Vaibhav The Indian Car Scene 70 4th November 2015 10:50
PICS: Customized Isuzu D-Max (mobile service vehicle) Tushar Commercial Vehicles 6 13th March 2015 17:33
Isuzu launches D-Max @ Rs. 5.99 lakhs parrys Commercial Vehicles 79 30th June 2014 00:10
Isuzu G1 engine in an Amby !! man23ish Modifications & Accessories 17 22nd July 2010 14:52
Isuzu Panther (Chevrolet Panther) gets a makeover v12 The International Automotive Scene 3 3rd November 2004 15:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks