Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 9th December 2014, 13:10   #16
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Ashok Leyland Trucks: Better resale in South India?

Dr Sen

That i one hell of a case study!!

For a layman, I for God's sake cannot even think of such a complex modus operandi and probably just stay the way Napolean had stated:

Name:  QuotationNapoleonBonapartepovertyhonestyMeetvilleQuotes28141.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  56.5 KB
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 01:27   #17
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Ashok Leyland Trucks: Better resale in South India?

Dr Sen. Thank you for putting together that story or Ordeal of yours. Surprising what does this dude do with about 40crores of scam money? Future MP or MLA kind of figure.

Couple of my uncles did get into the transport business about 20 years back and all of them did get badly burnt.

1 uncle bought 2 buses for local transport. Kept him awake all night and just made the driver and conductor rich while the owner was in debt. One day i saw the collection was a measly 160 rupee for the day! I was like in shock. The driver went ahead and bought a site for 16 lacs in mangalore after leaving this job.

The only person i know who is doing well is one who uses his truck for his company jobs only and does not rent it out. Best way to be on top of the control.

What would be the advice all of you would give out to anybody who is looking at getting into the business?

maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote