Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 21st July 2005, 21:20   #31
BHPian

Lightbulb

well at the age of 16 i went to work in singapore ... was actually more like training ...

worked at a company called tat hong

biggest crane rental company in asia
4th biggest in the world

being the son of one of the partners .. got to drive all sorts of cranes and machines .. not on site but at the maintanance facility ....
also drove the directors brand new S500

worked for 2 months in holland during a summer break from university in a company called MAMMOET
they are the biggest heavy lift transportation company in the world
they are the ones who lifted the kursk subamarine out of the sea ..and erected the LONDON eye in one single piece

again got prefrential treatment and got to work in each and every department .....

http://www.mammoet.com

ant the MAN's mentioned in my previous post belong to the company i now work for

Last edited by Mad Monkey : 21st July 2005 at 21:22.
Mad Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2005, 17:53   #32
BHPian

Thumbs up

My previous company was Nitco Air Express , The parent company was Nitco Road Ways Ltd.
They had all types of truck and me being a Branch Head , got to drive all . The best was the volvo's which i used to drive from Mumbai To Pune(Empty ) and back (Full Of TATA Steel rollers) . Whats a drive it used to be. Miss those days .

The small ones like tata 407 , 709, L.P. and all i have also driven but they were 2 booring. Also when i get a chance to go to Punjab to my Village then its the tractor .. its got a music sytem and my old Pioneer 2150 speakers attached to it . Funky Ride it sure is . Will click a picture and post it next time i go to Pind ...
Givena chance i would not mind coming to work ina volvo .....

Cheetah Out .....
Badcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2005, 19:12   #33
BHPian

Thumbs up Driven a Truck !!!

hey all ! I've driven a mini truck and a huge tractor back in my village. Good fun...and feels like u are the king of the road...good feelin..am sure most of us would love that feel, in one way or the other...
Azzkikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2005, 01:24   #34
Senior - BHPian

I drive a Safari.....I guess that sorta qualifies into a 'yes' to the question posed
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2005, 08:46   #35
BHPian

Default Driven a B7R

wel..my Uncle` got a Volvo B7R..that does manglore-mumbai trips...had driven it when it just came out from the workshop....just moved it a few meters.....guess that accounts for drivin a bus....right!!... felt great although..
angelfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2005, 22:10   #36
Senior - BHPian

Got my hands on an Ashok Leyland 2560...while i was there for my project training...

KP
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2006, 21:55   #37
BHPian

never driven one but i remember way back in school when one of my classmates mom used to come to school driving a Al iveco truck.... during some lunch breaks .........so happens that she was the owner of a transportation company any used to borrow the truck if the car was out with her husband.
hothatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2006, 22:19   #38
BHPian

Hey nice thing to ask man. i've driven a Tractor once long time back.
sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2006, 22:35   #39
BHPian

dad owns a 407 & a 1210...drive both of them regularly...in my line of work have driven hydraulic cherry pickers...cranes...speed boats (60knots) and even get chance to steer ships!!
marinegopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 22:25   #40
BHPian

Default Re: Driven a B7R

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
wel..my Uncle` got a Volvo B7R..that does manglore-mumbai trips...had driven it when it just came out from the workshop....just moved it a few meters.....guess that accounts for drivin a bus....right!!... felt great although..
@angelfire: Great experience. I have an unending desire to learn to drive a volvo bus, talk about self-employment Seriously, does any one know if folks like us can "learn" how to drive a volvo bus??
andescondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 01:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Has any1 driven a Truck,Bus etc.

Have Driven a Mini Bus and A Swaraj Mazda.
Next on the list- Driving a Volvo
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 09:37   #42
BANNED

Default Re: Has anyone driven a Truck,Bus etc.

I took my driving lessons on HGV ( heavy goods vehicle ). It was a Bedford , the one you see in Pakistan & Afghanistan & other third world Nations . Now I have a HGV licence since 1989

My family owned a 407 & I used to drive that , also a scrap dealer friend has DCM-Toyota & Tata 909 & 608 medium trucks which I drove/drive .

Once a while I have driven the heavy weights ( Tatas ,old leylands etc. )

I have to renew the licence every 3 years ( being a HGV ) & the RTO here has a method of sending people to a refresher course conducted by the CIRT ( Central Institute for Road Transportation - research I guess) , I have done this course a few times also .

Sudarshan
P.S. Now planning to build a motorhome on a Leyland/Tata 4x4 chassis which I will be driving
Sudarshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 09:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
had reversed a fully loaded FM7 in nerul during my college days.as there was this sardar driver friend of mine.
i used to go all the way to panvel with him with me between the cleaner and him .and my friend following us on my splendor.
i have also driven a mitsubishi canter in mangaloreand also reversed an ALL luxury bus .
also i had joined driving classes for heavy vehicles in vikhroli.and used to learn on *a tata 1210.
but now not in touch.
the only heavy vehicle that i drive now is my Office Indica. :buzz:with the driver resting most of the times.

Recently drove a fully loaded fish laden ALL Iveco Cargo LCV from Kasargod toUdipi (120 kms ) in the night .Took us close to 3 hours to do this stretch from 1 am to 345 am in the night .I drove to Mangalore just for this experience
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 10:13   #44
BHPian

I have driven Tata 1613 Tipper, 2515 EX and C Ex trucks.
2515 C EX is the best one.
jasmeetsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 11:46   #45
BHPian

I have driven a TATA 407 and a TATA 1510 Bus but only for 20-25 kms. Nothing matches the "king of the road" feeling when you are seated high and have the wheel of a bus or a truck.
I wish somebody would let me try out a Volvo or even a Kinglong??
turbo1787 is offline   Reply With Quote