Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 25th August 2016, 18:34   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Isuzu D-Max vs Tata Xenon Crew Cab vs Mahindra Imperio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Please also check whether the lower priced D-max comes with the same engine as the V-cross or not. There were rumors that with the launch of V-cross, the D-max will get a lower tune (72-73bhp), no intercooler engine.
Checked out DMax single cab today.Currently Jalandhar dealer has AC version only , new model 7.24 lacs ex showroom with 134 bhp engine. Non AC version around 6.60 lacs ex showroom to come next month with a 78 bhp detuned engine is what the dealer told.
w8763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 14:13   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Isuzu D-Max vs Tata Xenon Crew Cab vs Mahindra Imperio

This is indeed the topic that I was looking for. I have the same requirement of the topic. Took details of all the vehicles in this category and I have freezed in on the Tata Xenon 3.0 which is about 8.5 lakhs after the discount.

Now, I only have one concern of searching for parking space in Bangalore :(

Thank you all for the wonderful inputs
RenuKumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 17:54   #18

Post Which is the best pick-up truck to buy

I am considering Tata Xenon and Isuzu Dmax to be used for transporting cold dessert products. Looking to select the one with better fuel efficiency and lesser maintenance cost .Please advice

Last edited by SDP : 28th December 2016 at 20:30. Reason: No SMS language please. Pls changed to please.
thomasmurc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 19:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Which is the best pick-up truck to buy

Just on account of maintenance (likely costs) and the Tata network and the fact that the possibility of parts availability etc will be easy and relatively inexpensive, I would consider the Tata. Considering the utilitarian aspect that you've brought out where this is not meant to be used as a lifestyle vehicle but more of a commercial / utility one.

The ISUZU D Max is certainly superb and extremely capable etc, but right now it comes across more as a Lifestyle vehicle in India than an utility one.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 10:35   #20
BHPian

I would vote for the Tata Xenon over the D Max. Simply put Tata has a much wider presence throughout the country as compared to Isuzu. Also reliability wise Tata is much more better than Isuzu. Getting servicing/maintenance/spares can also be a pain considering the tiny Isuzu dealership network. Also Tata will be much more economical to maintain.
I would also suggest you to take a look at the Mahindra Scorpio Getaway.

Last edited by Skyline_GT : 29th December 2016 at 10:36.
Skyline_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 11:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

The ISUZU D Max is certainly superb and extremely capable etc, but right now it comes across more as a Lifestyle vehicle in India than an utility one.
There is a very capable commercial version too and there is also a factory fitted freezer option available.
patron is online now   Reply With Quote