Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 23rd February 2017, 21:05   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Pics & Video: AeroIndia @ Yelahanka Air Force Station, Bangalore

Video from Aero Show 2017 that I managed to capture !

mohammedismail is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 23:52   #17
BHPian

Default Pics & Video: AeroIndia @ Yelahanka Air Force Station, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
Some more pics taken during AEROINDIA 2017 on 17 Feb 2017

Sincere apologies drkakkilaya, I hijacked your thread. Have requested deletion of my two posts

Don't delete, Please feel free to add more photos 👍🏻
I suggest reduce the resolution of photos.
drkakkilaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 12:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkakkilaya View Post
For me it looked like this year it was conducted for the sake of conducting.
Beautifully taken pictures!

I concur with you. I have been visiting the Air Show for the past 3 times. I felt this time the Air Show, the overall management and coordination was among the lowest.

But I should give a for traffic coordination in ADVA segment. The entry was really smooth compared to the previous times. The exit was a pain. I took 3 hours to come out to the main road i.e 3 kms from the ADVA parking to main road. All because the traffic on airport road was not well managed with people parking their two wheelers and cars on the road and also people stopping on the flyover and below to watch the show for free.

I visited the ADVA on Saturday 18th. Knowing that large crowd would be coming, and the traffic pileup, I left home at Marathahalli at 7:30 am along with my kids to reach the parking only by 9:15 am. I had done online registration. The ticketing at the venue was just a joke. The officials not verifying the ID or the number and simply giving away the plastic passes. Earlier years, the paper pass contained the individuals name on it. Not sure if this is a smart card pass, but doesn't look so.

The security check, managed by CISF, was smooth. Once inside all was perfect except for heavy dust, very very long queues (200~300 people in each) at food counters and other stalls. The best deal was tender coconut at Rs.30/-. My son, daughter and I ended up having 3 each. I heard, previous day the vendor was selling each at Rs.60/- and on last day he had nearly 50k coconut lying and he had to clear it all. As always, few vendors were tricking customers on non-MRP products by quoting 2~4 time the actual cost. I had a big day with one of the kwality walls mobile vendor charging Rs.130 for a Rs30 ice candy. Finally calling up there manger and he ended up blasting him.

Knowing the traffic problems, the heat, the dust and the crowd in advance helps to plan better. Overall it was nice and fun to be there watching the mean machines ruling the skies and displaying few jaw dropping maneuvers.
LoneRidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 13:04   #19
BHPian

Few Pictures from me :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Pics & Video: AeroIndia @ Yelahanka Air Force Station, Bangalore-p1170302.jpg  

Pics & Video: AeroIndia @ Yelahanka Air Force Station, Bangalore-img_20170218_095154.jpg  

Pics & Video: AeroIndia @ Yelahanka Air Force Station, Bangalore-p1170306.jpg  

Pics & Video: AeroIndia @ Yelahanka Air Force Station, Bangalore-p1170311.jpg  

Pics & Video: AeroIndia @ Yelahanka Air Force Station, Bangalore-p1170325.jpg  

Pics & Video: AeroIndia @ Yelahanka Air Force Station, Bangalore-p1170330.jpg  

Pics & Video: AeroIndia @ Yelahanka Air Force Station, Bangalore-p1170362.jpg  

Pics & Video: AeroIndia @ Yelahanka Air Force Station, Bangalore-p1170375.jpg  

Pics & Video: AeroIndia @ Yelahanka Air Force Station, Bangalore-p1170390.jpg  

LoneRidder is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 22:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all the awesome pictures!

My friends gave it a miss this time. We went the last 2 times and hated the infrastructure and logistics. Pathetic that you have to walk kilometers from the parking, go around in circles to locate your gate and that you have to put up with dirty toilets and highly overpriced food! Not worth the trouble.
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2017, 10:53   #21
BHPian

Excuse me for this being a bit

As a lay person I've always wondered how these aircraft are brought to these venues from their respective countries. For example, the biplanes am sure are not capable of inter-continental flights?!
autonarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2017, 13:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkakkilaya View Post
Problems with the event organization - 2017

This year I went on 15th, the second day. Took a business visitor pass. It was very frustrating that the officials/? Event managers / cops / guards probably were not properly briefed about the passes and the respective gates.
I had to do 3 rounds driving to Bagalur road junction every time to take a loop as each person pointing in a probable direction of the gate. On the 4th time there was an Air force guy who said the gate he was standing was the gate 5, which I had already passed 3 times, once asking the guard in front of the very gate. Then there was issue with the Badges leaving people frustrated, as the people managing were not aware how to tackle it. It took nearly an hour to sort it out, few of them walked out in frustration.
After collecting the badges they said parking permits are available at Gate 1 for private cars. The exit from gate 5 takes you to Bagalur main road then connects back to the airport road. We reached the Gate 1, I got down with my son and wife and went to the check point, there he says this is not for the business visitor, and no parking permits are available and you have to take the bus from gate 5 into the base. By then I had sent my driver to AVDA, as I had got a ticket for him. So I had to take a taxi, then went back to gate 5 and took the bus. That Bus takes us to gate 6 and we have to walk nearly a kilometer and half through an under pass to reach another checkpoint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Have to second this. Even I had a pathetic experience with the way the event was managed. At gate 1, they saw the printout I had carried and directed me to gate 2(though the actual registration desk was just a few meters away inside gate 1). At gate 2, they were only allowing people with a registration card and there was no place to obtain one. There, one armed forces person directed me back to Gate 1, however he suggested I go to Gate 5 since as per his estimate that was a better idea.

I did some circus and crossed the road and walked for sometime to reach Gate 5 but the actual registration desk was far far away inside the compound. I could have walked backed to Gate 1 instead which was less than 100m away from Gate 2. I finally entered Gate 5 and walked all the way to the registration desk who then printed the card for me. Later on, I took the shuttle which dropped us near the underpass to Gate 1. After going inside and walking all the way to the stall, I was denied entry due to the reason that my card was not valid for entry. They had no clue who should be approached and five more people had faced the same issue.

We were herded from office to office and only redirected to another one. Finally we were told to go back to the registration desk and get a new card. By then, it was already one hour of roaming. At the registration desk in Gate 1, chaos had begun with all the card printing machines showing some or the other issue and queues of people piling up. I managed to get to one of the counters and explain the problem. Then a moronic guy tells that I have already visited the show and hence the card is not working.
Sad to read of the troubles and humiliation you have been through. The experience is typical. As a person in the trade I have stopped visiting the Bangalore Air show for several years now. Relative to other air shows it has, at best, peripheral value from a business point of view. The big guys set up stalls & chalets as they hope to sell warplanes to the Indian Govt. But the mid-tier and upper mid-tier companies, with revenues from $200 million to $4 billion, who are the backbone of the industry rarely exhibit at Bangalore. I used to sponsor a chalet and stall till some years back at the cost of millions of rupees but stopped due to zero returns. The money saved is now spent more efficiently at Dubai, Singapore & Geneva.

The organization of the show and the harassment of non-sarkari visitors makes this the worst show in Asia, Europe & Americas. After having exhibited at a dozen shows, overseas, about 50 odd times I can say this with hand on heart. The other shows are far larger (Paris, Shanghai, Geneva, Dubai), visitors are treated as customers and all visitors are permitted onto the tarmac. Here, at Yelankana, if you are a non-Govt sponsor you have to jump through hoops to get your business visitors on the tarmac for a walk around while PSU employees and their kids are freely roaming around. Sadly it is a sarkari show for their own ilk.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 25th February 2017 at 13:32.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote