Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2017, 17:38   #76
BHPian
 
wrongturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 176
Thanked: 285 Times
Default Re: Luxury train Tejas Express vandalised on its maiden journey

Its a little off topic but I have a story of my own to share with members here which is about the mindset of common Indian public, and in a way related to the matters discussed in this post.

I happen to also own a humble Hotel in Jaipur which is near the main Jaipur Bus stand (about 100 meters) and Railway Station (about 1KM). Its a basic hotel with rent starting for double bed at ₹400 only. We have had guests who stole LED TVs, TV set top boxes, LED bulbs. Some break the window glasses or the mirrors in the room. Some were indecent enough to pour water in the TV so that it would short circuit whenever it will be turned on next time around, AC vents go missing and its just endless forget towels and toiletries, people try to steal what ever they can it seems no matter whether they rented a ₹400 or a ₹1500 room.
We have made a policy to let guest check out only after the inspection of room.

It seems like its an Indian mind set that if they have paid ₹500 for a service they must steal or damage something in return to compensate for the money paid, it must give these lunatics some sort of mental peace.

I was not surprised to see the condition of Tejas Express as it is very much expected from this typical class of Indians. I have also seen a lot of guys with Kingfisher and Air India airlines headphones. These small percentage of imbecile, arrogant people bring bad name to the whole Indian community. Its because of these few that it has become a common perception that 'Indians dont deserve it because they cant respect it.'

There is a famous joke also: Exchange the citizens of India and USA. USA will become what India is today and India will become USA. The problem is with the people and their mindset. These kind of people exist all over the world, but their percentage is higher in the poor countries like ours. And this mindset has been a result of how system works, thanks to the political and government systems who built this thinking subconsciously that everyone is a their and there is no need to be afraid of the law.

Last edited by ampere : 11th June 2017 at 09:35. Reason: Formatted for readability
wrongturn is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 04:55   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,878
Thanked: 1,476 Times
Default Re: Luxury train Tejas Express vandalised on its maiden journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
People do not rush, don't shove and don't litter and don't spit gutka. And the action of a few mean the rest of the population doesn't deserve good facilities? really?
The reason why the Metro is so clean is because there are stiff fines. Take away those fines and it will become like the regular subway rail network. It is sad but we need something like this otherwise we don't value or respect anything. Heck, the new rules and stiff fines on drunk driving have yet to put any sense of fear in people.

I hate to say this as I speak against by own but this is reality. We don't value anything given to us. All these facilities are provided by our government. It is our own money that goes into building infrastructure. We tend to forget this.

Tell me something, how clean were the surroundings when you got off the Tejas express. As clean as the insides? I doubt that.

Go anywhere in our country and the one thing that hits your the most is lack of hygiene. Sure, you can blame the government but we need to do our part as well.

Getting back to the Tejas ride quality, it does come as a surprise there was a lot of oscillation. Those are pretty much the same set of coaches used for the Bhopal Shatabdi that run at 160Kmph. Maybe the tracks are in better shape up north.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
Its a little off topic but I have a story of my own to share with members here which is about the mindset of common Indian public, and in a way related to the matters discussed in this post.
Shocking. How on earth did they walk out with a TV!
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 09:29   #78
BHPian
 
400notout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 126
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Luxury train Tejas Express vandalised on its maiden journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
The reason why the Metro is so clean is because there are stiff fines. Heck, the new rules and stiff fines on drunk driving have yet to put any sense of fear in people.
Some contradiction there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Tell me something, how clean were the surroundings when you got off the Tejas express. As clean as the insides? I doubt that.

Go anywhere in our country and the one thing that hits your the most is lack of hygiene. Sure, you can blame the government but we need to do our part as well.
When did this become a debate on cleanliness? Nevertheless I agree there's a lot of filth all around. But there are other pockets as well, which are clean and well maintained either privately or by peoples co-operation. One can't just paint everything in black.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Getting back to the Tejas ride quality, it does come as a surprise there was a lot of oscillation. Those are pretty much the same set of coaches used for the Bhopal Shatabdi that run at 160Kmph. Maybe the tracks are in better shape up north.
Maybe that, or maybe because the konkan is a hilly area.
400notout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 05:50   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,878
Thanked: 1,476 Times
Default Re: Luxury train Tejas Express vandalised on its maiden journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Some contradiction there. When did this become a debate on cleanliness?
Guess you did not follow.

What I am trying to say is, we seem abide by rules only when we know we're up against something like a punishment or a heavy fine. Else we don't care.

You highlighted that our metro rail network was a nice place to be. No rubbish, no gutka stains, well behaved folks, etc. Would you say that our railway network is cared for in the same way?

One off or not, vandalizing public property does not go down well in my books. Fortunately they are trying to identify the people who did this.

Anyways; I'll keep a close watch on this thread. I'd like to know how this train holds up over time.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indian Railways launches 'Auto Express'. Time-tabled freight train for cars Rajeevraj Commercial Vehicles 5 14th July 2016 12:24
2011 i10 Asta A/T - its Korean, its new, its fast, its red, and its coming. nirupesh Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 1 8th January 2011 10:45
Mercedes Benz S-Class: Best New Luxury Car By Auto Express For Third Consecutive Year hanmust The International Automotive Scene 20 20th February 2010 13:01
Cars Vandalised at Star News office SohailPistawala Shifting gears 21 24th April 2007 11:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:58.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks