Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2007, 12:31   #61
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

WheelieJ - You have displayed a great amount of courage in being able to pursue the matter this far.

I was involved in a similar incident (and incidentally, quite close to the Whitefield area as well) in the recent past and there are a few things that you need to consider:

- We are a living in a country where the value of a life is not considered much! Everybody is pretty much on their own
- It is not practical for a person who is educated/understands the importance of life and dignity to deal with people who do not value either !

Generally, the attitude from the cops is - no life was lost and nobody was injured. So, your case does not appear high on our list.

Do you have any response from TOI?

It is only the press that can work towards giving us some hope - if they choose to do that via a section other than the Bangalore times supplement!


All the best with your efforts. But, do take a practical approach out of your situation.
kgc_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2007, 13:21   #62
BHPian
 
Speedme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 44
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hi WheelieJ / All

Its more than a incident in particular, Has more to do with the world we are living in and making a difference.

But as per solmely my view one should get into things which is worth his or her time and effort.

This seems to be an excellent cause, However the resultant factor will be quite dissapointing for us.
As forum members we all have shared the same problem in our day to day driving experiences be it ITPL in BLR or those
sad road of Gurgaon in DEL.
It will be wiser to not to take it to a level where any physical or emotional harm can be done to you and your dear ones.
These thugs are professionals and are made for this.
They have almost daily dealings with the cops and know the loopholes in the law like the back of their hand.
I feel going the the cops will not yield much as well.

Fear and anger are a virtue of the heart and not the mind....
I guess be practical and be safe.

Cheers
Speedme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2007, 22:05   #63
Newbie
 
Betelguese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 15
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

really sorry to hear abt the incident.!
what i can think of is get a FIR send registered copies to AOL PRO division with a copy to to AOL HQ in states making them realise what type of vendors AOL is using in India. raise a stink everywhere. As far as I Know bigger US companies are very sensitive about their public image especially with regards to Outsourcing.
dont give Up Hit those B******* Cab operators where it hurts the most!
Good luck!
Betelguese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2007, 10:07   #64
BHPian
 
Mendi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Melbourne, AU
Posts: 69
Thanked: 0 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelguese View Post
what i can think of is get a FIR send registered copies to AOL PRO division with a copy to to AOL HQ in states making them realise what type of vendors AOL is using in India. raise a stink everywhere. As far as I Know bigger US companies are very sensitive about their public image especially with regards to Outsourcing.
dont give Up Hit those B******* Cab operators where it hurts the most!
Good luck!
I agree with this. seems to me also that this can be a good step to take apart from what you have already done....
Mendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2007, 11:10   #65
BHPian
 
Wheeliej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 278
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Update

The AOL Facility manager came and met with me yesterday and has promised all the support that i need on this one. He suggested that I should meet up with the Janani owner. I have told him it is a waste of my time if I dont get the details of the prime instigators of the behaviour. The vendor subsequently called Himanshu and he said he will come on Monday with all the details of rowdy driver and supervisor. The vendor tried to say that it was an emotional response by all the drivers and that Nagendra had a good reputation in the market - to which Himanshu replied that we can only judge by what we were exposed to and had to endure.

What I will do is upload those details onto this site (Mods, please advise if this is not feasible), so if i happen to be knocked off atleast someone knows where to start looking for the perpetrators. In addition, I will also update the police and especially my lawyer with all the details about this incident. As suggested by someone, I will also contact the Bangalore East DCP Mr Saleem and apprise him of the details by email, if possible.

I think AOL India is being helpful and supportive and this matter has the attention of the VP of Operations, so I will not escalate further for now. If the attention level drops or there is no progress, then I always have the option of escalating.

Thanks to EACH of you who have been very supportive with your time, advice and encouragement.
Wheeliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2007, 12:06   #66
BHPian
 
sreenivass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore India
Posts: 872
Thanked: 6 Times
Default great going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
The AOL Facility manager came and met with me yesterday and has promised all the support that i need on this one. He suggested that I should meet up with the Janani owner. I have told him it is a waste of my time if I dont get the details of the prime instigators of the behaviour. The vendor subsequently called Himanshu and he said he will come on Monday with all the details of rowdy driver and supervisor. The vendor tried to say that it was an emotional response by all the drivers and that Nagendra had a good reputation in the market - to which Himanshu replied that we can only judge by what we were exposed to and had to endure.

What I will do is upload those details onto this site (Mods, please advise if this is not feasible), so if i happen to be knocked off atleast someone knows where to start looking for the perpetrators. In addition, I will also update the police and especially my lawyer with all the details about this incident. As suggested by someone, I will also contact the Bangalore East DCP Mr Saleem and apprise him of the details by email, if possible.

I think AOL India is being helpful and supportive and this matter has the attention of the VP of Operations, so I will not escalate further for now. If the attention level drops or there is no progress, then I always have the option of escalating.

Thanks to EACH of you who have been very supportive with your time, advice and encouragement.
Great going wheeliej

You have got attention from all the relevant people. Let us wait to reap the fruits of this effort.
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2007, 12:53   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
Surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,299
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Iam surprised with AOL response in this & to be honest I never expected that in mid of their day to day activity.

Your consistent effort is paying off.

Just curious to know what did you wanted from them? Driver and supervisor would have learnt a part of lesson
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2007, 13:02   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pune
Posts: 2,088
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
What I will do is upload those details onto this site (Mods, please advise if this is not feasible), so if i happen to be knocked off atleast someone knows where to start looking for the perpetrators. .
Don't worry, lady! Nothing of that sort will happen. Not every driver will be criminal in nature. While few things are said and done in heat of things, they will not be done on persistent basis.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2007, 18:13   #69
BHPian
 
nikhil3456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
So, this means that all Bangalore based T-Bhpians are gonna trade in their curretn vehicles and go in for Safaris !! i am sure TATA wud love that !
Maybe some dealer shud start dealing with tanks here... they wud be amazed with the number of takers .
Im waiting for the Hummer!!
nikhil3456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2007, 18:43   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Well you're getting all paranoid now. Like RX135 already said dont worry. They cannot touch. Threats aside, it is not an easy matter to kiil someone even if they make it look like an accident. Why do you think lorry and bus drivers abandon their vehicles and flee from the scene when they hit somebody.

Relax, take a deep breath and keep on AOL's a** till they resolve this matter favourably
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 18:52   #71
Newbie
 
shebz7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Surat
Posts: 22
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

i hope u get something good out of it whellraj and dont worry abt getting knocked of its easy in threating and shouting but a tough thing to do though i have no experience of this.
shebz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 19:08   #72
BHPian
 
Wheeliej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 278
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Update

The manager of Janani came to meet with me yesterday and got details only of the driver (which I already had). He says that Kumar belongs to another agency while Nagendra is a co-ordinator and he does not have a driving license (??). He has said that he will try to locate Kumar for me and also give me some identification details of Nagendra. He had promised to do so by today. Today I got a call from Bhavesh (AOL) who said that the information will come by tomorrow. Awaiting this info.
Wheeliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 19:53   #73
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,894
Thanked: 9,747 Times
Default

Consider yourself lucky that you are on a resolution path.

A colleague of mine was waiting at the traffic lights near Lal bagh, a BPO tempo traveller was impatient during the lights change, rammed his Fiesta and drove off. The friendly policeman watched and never bothered to radio ahead and get the vehicle off.

Another colleague was waitingat another red light. A BPO sumo was honking him to move on and had the audacity to start nudging his car. He locked the Santro in gear, put the handbrake up, got out and gave the guy a yelling.
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 20:28   #74
BHPian
 
wolfinstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 994
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

As far as I remember once during my work with Amex, We had another office cab tailing and Somewhere near the Mehrauli turn, the driver banged into a Zen, The Zen driver was totally abusive and all, the office cab politely listened to it all and then called for another office cab with the supervisor and cab owner. Although conditions of Cabs with Amex GIO is deplorable, Some are Ok , others are less said the better. However Generally the drivers are mannerd and polite. Infact Amex GIO GCR ( Transport) number works,as its the same number that employees call on.
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 20:55   #75
BHPian
 
Equus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 872
Thanked: 158 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Iam surprised with AOL response in this & to be honest I never expected that in mid of their day to day activity.
I would be terribly disappointed if AOL hadnt responded the way they did. I am not saying this in hindsight. Been associated with American culture for quite some time now and feel pretty damn good about it.

PS - Not to mean, Indian or any other company wouldnt react in a similar way but the chances arent that good. Anyways, flame on
Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comprehensive City / Call Taxi Review thread girishglg Commercial Vehicles 251 14th January 2016 09:09
FYI - Call Taxi Package: Gurgaon to Airport/Railway station: Rs 375+toll! phamilyman Street Experiences 1 12th July 2008 04:05
Call Center Cab Crash (Pics...) Venom_rider Street Experiences 35 4th September 2006 10:59
Attn: Software Professionals/Call center employees Surprise Gadgets, Computers & Software 9 20th July 2005 11:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks