Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 24th January 2007, 12:07   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
. However Generally the drivers are mannerd and polite. .
Actually during an accident that is all that one expects; some manners and an apology. There will be some degree of angry retorts by the person whose car has been hit, but that is manageable; one cannot resort to goondaism and being insensitive to the person who has been hit.
Wheeliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 12:46   #77
BHPian

Well You Guys Talking about Goondaism By Call Centre cabbies.. HearTo My experiance..

Well.. I was going To Forum (From Hosur) I was waiting in a bus stand when this Yellow Plate Indica stopped next to me.. and called He was to the airport.. had t o pick up somebody by 8:00 pm.. Time was around 5:45.. So maybe If he gets 2 or 3 guys.. well He'd make his day... I was usedto travelling in Trucks, Mini tempos and all.. So Didn't Think twice.. jumped in..

Hey Got some 3 More guys.. Put Some kannada song and was crusing along the highway... After some time a private Scorpio just Cut in... Into his lane after overtaking from the left.. and had to stop in a traffic black.(the border check post)

The cabbie asked the scorp guy what is he doing.. The Guy opened His Door.. came out to the cab guy and started abusing him in Kannada...From the scorp out came 10 guys.. all drunk.. and one them Hit the cab guy.. No cars were damaged okay.. But then It became a block and . there comes this Good Citizen who asked the police to come from the check post...

hearing this the scorp guys Jumped into their vehicle...Took off.. and then they opened the rear window and hit the good citizen too... The Good Citizen Promply Took Down the Scorp No. The traffic was clear in front of the Scorp by this time..

THen After all these we started moving... THe Indica wasn't going very fast.. But around Chandapura We met them again.. The scorp driver signalled the cabbie to stop.. The cabbie stopped.. Then Comes The Scorp driver Who punched The cabbie in his face thrice telling that it was his fault that the good citizen took his no... The cabbie was desperaate... He took all the hits... And he told the Sccorp.. Finish it there... whatever you want to do Do it... And we'll get over this..... After that the Scorp hit him twice more and left...

Met them again at Hosa Road Crossing... THey just simply went off..
Poor cabbiee..I was feeling so bad for him... Has to deal with that road everyday it seems...

At No point Of Time any vehicle was damaged or both vehicles didn't touch even.

I felt that you know.. Those guys are also drivers.... Just like us.. They too get bashed up by groups of people... Cabbies also feel... It is just a few elements.. which are there in both private cars as well as cabbies... Booze Is the only common factor which i saw in the incident listed here.. and what i had.. Dunno what solution can be done for it... It was more shocking to me because... I was supposed to take my car... at the last moment only I planned to change to bus (hearing that there might be a booze party).... the same scorp might have been there on the highway... and maybe if he cut into front of me.. I also might have reacted the same way... and I'm a pretty small guy.. If they bashed me like they bashed The cabbie.. I'll be in the hospital for atleast 4 days..

Well what i can say is our road manners are appalaing... something has to be Done To roads in bangalore.... If It has to be a safe place.. If this is the traetment that a 6 foot 110kg cabbie gets.. what will be the treatment to a guy.. who Drives a KL car and is just 50kg??

poor Chap.. He dropped Me at forum.. Eventhough that meant him to take another 3kms extra... Because i was just concerned about him... Everybody else was talking about how rude they were.. While I just checked Him for Injuries and If required call the cab comapny for backup .. so tht he can go to the hospital.. luckily his bleedng stemmed after maybe 15minutes or so...

Sorry for the long post... I thought of them as rude ruffians.. But this Opened My eyes .. about the fact that they too are drivers like me.. Who share the same insecurity in our roads...
Jomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 13:03   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
Actually during an accident that is all that one expects; some manners and an apology. There will be some degree of angry retorts by the person whose car has been hit, but that is manageable; one cannot resort to goondaism and being insensitive to the person who has been hit.
Bang on target,thats what most of us expect Wheeliej. Am sure a simple apology from the driver would change the way one would react.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 07:30   #79

Thumbs up Give it back....

Hi,

Sorry to hear whatever has happened....

Just give it back to them...i mean the company and the taxi owner. Please dont let them get away. Today its you and tomorrow it could be someone else....perhaps me...or my colleagues...incidentally we all work for AOL

Wish you all the best in your fight...Keep me posted....
nagen_rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 08:34   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Bang on target,thats what most of us expect Wheeliej. Am sure a simple apology from the driver would change the way one would react.
I was driving into bangalore from chennai, and there was this lady in front of me, she slammed her brakes and before I could get the car to stop i bumped into her car. it was rather minor, and nothing happed to either car, but as a courtesy, I stopped, to check if everything was ok, it was neither cars fault as someone in front of the santro suddenly cut, this lady was talking on the phone, and i don't think she reacted quick enough, hence the hungama. But the strange thing was instead of her just checking if all was ok, she immediately started abusing me. I finally put my foot down and told her that it was her fault that she was talking on the phone and she should just relax.

Kinda made me wonder what the hell was her problem. It was no ones fault, no one got injured and there was no damage, but the verbal slur that followed was uncalled for. Like it was pointed out, people really need to be courteous and there should be some sort of manners.
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 11:40   #81
BHPian

Default safe distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
I was driving into bangalore from chennai, and there was this lady in front of me, she slammed her brakes and before I could get the car to stop i bumped into her car. it was rather minor, and nothing happed to either car, but as a courtesy, I stopped, to check if everything was ok, it was neither cars fault as someone in front of the santro suddenly cut, this lady was talking on the phone, and i don't think she reacted quick enough, hence the hungama. But the strange thing was instead of her just checking if all was ok, she immediately started abusing me. I finally put my foot down and told her that it was her fault that she was talking on the phone and she should just relax.

Kinda made me wonder what the hell was her problem. It was no ones fault, no one got injured and there was no damage, but the verbal slur that followed was uncalled for. Like it was pointed out, people really need to be courteous and there should be some sort of manners.
This is some thing that always surprised me. Are we not supposed to maintain a safe distance between vehicles, so if the vehicle ahead stops suddenly we do not crash in to them. There is all the more reason to do so in India traffic because you can expect people and animals to dart across suddenly.

In your particular case she was talking on phone, which she was not supposed to. But were you not maintaining a distance to respond if she stopped suddenly.
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 14:41   #82
BHPian

Sad to hear such thinks happening in b'lore....B'lore was one of the safest city long time back, but now these kind of things are very common including mugging at night times. We cannot do anything abt accident, if they have to happen they will, but what i hate is people taking off with fist action after each accident..its utter crap. The best thing to do is to claim insurance and make the culprit pay for what ever difference insurance cannot make up..

@ wheeliej try to get the issue solved ASAP. Ask the admin to pay for what ur insurance company can't pay, and try to forget the incident...Cab drivers are never gonna change..they still remain uneducated and lost in the cinema world !!!!
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 15:25   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagen_rao View Post
.incidentally we all work for AOL
In that case the least you could do is to distribute a link to this thread internally.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 15:28   #84
Senior - BHPian

If a group of ruffians are threatening a lady in the middle of the road and few of them are drunk, i think then that information is enough to file a strong case against the driver and the taxi company.

I suggest you carry a pepper spray with you for situations like these.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 17:10   #85
Senior - BHPian

Undoubtly the Call centers cabbies and Autowallahs are big nuisance in Bangalore, if these creatures are not there on the Road, it is a heaven to drive in Blore!
I always keep a mile distance from them.
All these morons are semi-illeterate, somehow manage to grab the licenece, have no driving or traffic sense whatsoever and leash terror on roads.
But if some of them try to play smart with me, I just give them a mouthful, nothing beyond that. Am lucky so far, they didn't hit me so far.
If they do hit me coz of their usual reskless driving, I will just call the Police, lodge a FIR and call their respective Company who has hired that cab and ask them to take this cabbie to task!
Makes no sense to argue with these morons & their gang, we will lose our peace of mind and much more.
Wheelij, you have done the right thing, keep escalating this matter to the higher-ups in AOL.
Am sure, they will take some very stringent action!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 19:03   #86
Senior - BHPian

@ sreenivass
I know bout the safe distance rule, but in front of helltronic city, there is not concept of distance itself! if i keep the std one car distance, one car will squeeze in. like i said, it was no ones fault in terms of drving, might have been mine, might have been hers, the point was on how agressive she became.
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 19:35   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
I was driving into bangalore from chennai, and there was this lady in front of me, she slammed her brakes and before I could get the car to stop i bumped into her car. it was rather minor, and nothing happed to either car, but as a courtesy, I stopped, to check if everything was ok, it was neither cars fault as someone in front of the santro suddenly cut, this lady was talking on the phone, and i don't think she reacted quick enough, hence the hungama. .
....actually, it is your fault for not keeping your distance and braking in time. Talking on the phone is unforgivable no doubt but it was not the cause
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 20:10   #88
BHPian

Along with call-centre cabs, there are so many water tankers ply around in our city recklessly. I was almost hit by one such vehicle today when driver could not control after overtaking 2wheelers (on Windtunnel road, Bangalore). Also the fact that these guys drive in opposite direction during nights on ring-roads, oneways etc.
They always look so unstable when water is full and still they drive as if they are on a race track.
shyamhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 22:19   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
In that case the least you could do is to distribute a link to this thread internally.
I would suggest (or request) even going overboard on escalating this. Remember, one incident can trigger change!
Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 23:14   #90
Senior - BHPian

It's always nuisance with the people in unorganized sector. I just boarded a private travels bus. The bus did not stop at the proper stop and the morons don't accept the mistake. I have to chase a few blocks to board the bus.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote