Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 22nd January 2008, 20:57   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
A better option would be a one piece plastic top & that can be produced in large volumes too.
Roplas used to do it for the Mahindra jeeps in volumes.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 17:16   #47
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Roplas used to do it for the Mahindra jeeps in volumes.
Depends on what we mean by volumes. I am not sure how much volumes Mahindra was doing till the late 90's.

I remember a Mahindra model called Mahindra Savari DPC Motors Pvt. Ltd. - Authorised Dealer for MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA Vehicles being produced at their Nashik plant around 1999. A whole ground used to be occupied with those FRP tops drying out with no space and lots of hassles. This was for the small volumes the Savari used to sell. Now imagine that if the Magic is expected to be sold in large numbers (maybe 1,00,000+) and I am sure that managing it would not be so easy.
srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 13:58   #48
BHPian

Its hard to tell what the car looks like under those wrappings.Should wait for better pics
katalysm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 22:33   #49
BHPian

I believe these things with soft top rear are already plying on pune roads since atleast a month or so now.
these are known as Magic

Magic
With an ergonomically designed all-steel cabin, Magic has a flexible seating capacity of four to seven passengers, in pleasant and spacious interiors including comfortable seats and ample legroom for an enjoyable ride for the passengers.
Powered by a 16-hp 700-cc water-cooled diesel engine, it will provide Magic owners with high fuel efficiency and very low maintenance. The 12-inch tyres provide high ground clearance, and the rigid front axle can weather tough road conditions. The turning radius of 4.3 metres is agile enough to navigate narrow by-lanes and dense traffic. For the driver's benefit, Magic has a clearly visible instrument cluster, utility tray and a digital clock in the dashboard and also a radio fitment provision.
Magic meets BS-III emission norms and has been developed for use in any market be it urban, semi-urban or rural. It is backed by a 36,000 km / 12-month warranty.
The Magic range is available at Rs2.60 lakh (ex-showroom, Pune).
motorheadinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 15:01   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
I believe these things with soft top rear are already plying on pune roads since atleast a month or so now.
these are known as Magic

Magic
With an ergonomically designed all-steel cabin, Magic has a flexible seating capacity of four to seven passengers, in pleasant and spacious interiors including comfortable seats and ample legroom for an enjoyable ride for the passengers.
Powered by a 16-hp 700-cc water-cooled diesel engine, it will provide Magic owners with high fuel efficiency and very low maintenance. The 12-inch tyres provide high ground clearance, and the rigid front axle can weather tough road conditions. The turning radius of 4.3 metres is agile enough to navigate narrow by-lanes and dense traffic. For the driver's benefit, Magic has a clearly visible instrument cluster, utility tray and a digital clock in the dashboard and also a radio fitment provision.
Magic meets BS-III emission norms and has been developed for use in any market — be it urban, semi-urban or rural. It is backed by a 36,000 km / 12-month warranty.
The Magic range is available at Rs2.60 lakh (ex-showroom, Pune).
Sow a Tata Magic at Sonepat (Haryana) this sunday. It is a very spacious and comfortable vehical. Looks very neat. It was a school van. The driver said it is a very very good vehical for rural roads.

Last edited by Car-Agey : 29th January 2008 at 15:02.
Car-Agey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 11:20   #51
BHPian

Default Saw Tata Magic in Chennai

I was coming out of a shop in pallavaram - Chennai and i saw this vehicle and i was not able to identify it, so took a photo with my mobile(sorry for the bad quality) immediately and searched our forum and found it to be TATA Magic.Name:  Image042.jpg
Views: 2300
Size:  60.3 KB

Name:  Image050.jpg
Views: 2154
Size:  62.7 KB

There were 5 of them sitting in the rear and a child was playing dangerously near the door!!
mail4loys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 16:41   #52
BHPian

These vehicles are running as taxis in Chandigarh region. Have seen a couple of them.They are a lot safer than the suicidal Ferrari's (autos) we have.
wolg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 18:37   #53
BHPian

May that is another variant of the Tata Magic. A commercial 4 - wheeled people carrier over short distances.

It is not comparable to Maruti Omni by any stretch of imagination if it has the 700 cc diesel engine generating 16 HP. Also, one need not invest in an audio system which cannot anyway be heard over the sound generated by the engine.
simplyself is offline   Reply With Quote