Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 2nd February 2007, 18:58   #1
BHPian

Default SPY PICS : Tata World Truck

I hope this kinda truck photos are allowed here. ok. this is the world truck from tata. it has engine of Daewoo Novus. looks very macho.also i spotted this in Pune

Last edited by adya33 : 2nd February 2007 at 20:53.
tushky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 19:28   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

great...

Our spy photographer has started giving us insights...

please correct me if wrong... Didnt tata launch something like that few months back???
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 19:33   #3
BHPian

nope, it was Tata Novus. look the photos of novus. it is smaller than this one. the grill and headlights are also diffrent than this one. this New truck is for Africa and Asia. may be some parts of Europe too.
Old 2nd February 2007, 21:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

@Tushky: Man do u roam around TATA plant in Pune???
Awesome....

We gonna have info with pics on all new upcoming models soon on our very own TBHP . This truck seems good but then it reminded me Volvo trucks I used to see on Pune-Mumbai express highway petrol pumps... Front is way similar to Volvo trucks...
neoonwheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 21:25   #5
BHPian

hey tushky...
next time please post a small write-up about the hardship and modus operandi you use for taking these amazing spy pics....
would love to read something along with the pics....
btw....the truck shows to the world we are coming..
gonecase_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 21:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nice one Tushky!
Lately, I kept spotting some nice FH12 based trucks being tested too. Dump trucks/mining/special purpose vehicles with the new Volvo fascia. They look real neat and monstrous at the same time.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 22:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Tushky actually when I saw the same on the road I had mistaken these for the MAN-Force trucks.

You sure about the tata badging.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 23:28   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
nope, it was Tata Novus. look the photos of novus. it is smaller than this one. the grill and headlights are also diffrent than this one. this New truck is for Africa and Asia. may be some parts of Europe too.
Got you...

From the pics... Couldnt make out the size of the vehicle...
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2007, 00:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

Had a detailed look on the MAN range of trucks and found the front grill on the MAN trucks to be distinctly different from the above spy pics and the above grill is very much in line with the TATA-Daewoo trucks.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2007, 15:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and welcome Tushky!

You are a great addition to the team!

Spy pic of this truck first appeared in Overdrive a few months back. Artist's drawing of this truck first appeared on the cover of Business World some 2 years back.

This truck's been designed by Stile Bertone of Italy and should be seen on Indian roads as well.

Indian versions will probably only get the Cummins engines.

The cab design is modular (hence boxy) so that you can have cabs of various size and configuration with common components.

Actually, Stile Bertone were supposed to design an entire series of trucks for Tata including semi-forward control ones.

Last edited by directinjection : 4th February 2007 at 15:15.
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2007, 14:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

Here's a press report regarding the engagement of Stile Bertone for Tata's world truck. Since I don't have the link, I'm forced to reproduce the report, with due apologies to Hindustan Times :

Tata Engg to join hands with Italian design firm
Saturday, August 24, 2002
Hindustan Times, Deepak Joshi

Tata Engineering is gearing up to meet the forthcoming European Union regulations on commercial vehicles in technical collaboration with the Turin-based engineering and design corporation Stile Berton. This is expected to give a boost to the Tata group company's efforts to enter the global market and be a major foreign exchange earner. The company exported 7,183 commercial vehicles in 2001-02, thereby earning forex to the tune of Rs 621 crore.

Telco's technical collaboration with Stile Berton will also include benchmarking of European cabs. Efforts will be made to itemise cost breakdown with regard to tooling, design and materials. "Tata Engineering would like to transform its range of commercial vehicles to provide the unique selling proposition of world class performance at the lowest cost," the foreign collaboration agreement states.

The various heavy commercial vehicles and buses made by the country's largest manufacturer will have specifications of a day cab, sleeper cab with low and high roofs as well as bonnetted versions. Several options of vehicle and bumper length will also be explored. The vehicles to be considered for upgradation will a width ranging from 2100 mm to 2450 mm.

Tata Engineering hopes that the cabs designed in collaboration with the Italian firm will have a life of 12 to 15 years after launch. For this purposed, it hopes to design products that are adaptable to receive future facelifts. The company is confident that by introduction of removable rear wall and ceiling it would be possible to represent in the same interior model the configuration of the long cab and high roof.

Last edited by directinjection : 5th February 2007 at 14:09.
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 21:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

Saw this tipper today. It has awesome road presence!

sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 22:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hey tushky, you sound like tata sky to me. are you ?

as usual, exclusive first pics & thanks for the same.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 10:48   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Saw this tipper today. It has awesome road presence!

thats Tata Novus 2430(I think). the new world truck is based on this tipper. but i dont understand, why they changed the headlight position In Novus.
Old 24th July 2007, 20:06   #15
BHPian

spotted this truck again, again couldnt watermark , because software got deleted..

Shot at 2007-07-24

Shot at 2007-07-24

Last edited by tushky : 24th July 2007 at 20:20.