Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 25th September 2005, 20:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by Mpower
I really would't call the Hi-Ace a minibus. Its more of a full size van (smaller than TempoTraveller)
These and other similar vehicles from Nissan, VW and the occassional Mazda are what go for 'BUS' in most of Africa. The seats are taken off and replaced by rows of wooden benches and rear doors removed so that a row of people can sit on the bumpers with their legs dangling. These things carry about 30 people and a lot of baggage most of the time.

Doors and other parts fly off occassionally - the 'door' of a bus ahead of me flew off and very nearly hit our car once. I've also seen the incredible sight of a chap opening up the radiator of a running vehicle (rear engine, he sits in what was originally the luggage area and takes off the engine cover) to pour water as it struggled up a bridge, spewing smoke from the overheated engine...

Last edited by Steeroid : 25th September 2005 at 20:33.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2005, 13:27   #17

Originally Posted by normally_crazy
the whole suburbun area of mumbai is under the autorickshaw menace..just watchin a scene outside any rly station gives me the creeps......

and in places like bhyander ....u have to see it to believe it !!! there are more than 1 auto per person...man its crazy.....even 16 yr old guys without any training (forget licensces ) drive those 3 wheeled monsters ..yes monsters coz its acheived monster status now!!!!!

hope there is a ban on manufacture of 3 wheelers ( i know this wont happen ) what will bajaj do then ??

but some solution needs to be taken out and fast !!!!!!!!!!!

i totally agree with nc abt this rickshaw menace. i call ita menace as the populations is increasing faster then population of india.

it is not only in places like bhayander but even in vashi that these autos are dirven by guys who are not more then 17/18 year olds and they drive not on meter but person charges from point to point and they seat atleast five passenger with two on both of his sides. the other day i had been to vashi and was taking a right turn. an auto fellow saw me taking the turn but the speed at which he was driving just came and banged into my car. though the dent wasnt big but it still hurted to see a dent and i felt so angry that i could have got down from my car and given him a downright hearing but by then he just rode away. and he wasnt more then 20 years old.

and as bajaj is a huge business house they should surely think of diverting their sales to some other parts of the counrty.

one of the clerks working for us gave us this factual information about why there are so many rickshaws on the road. he said that people who come from mulayam's and laloo's state, ( no offence to any one) just took rikshaws on rental basis. drove all the day in mumbai, ate ther lunch and dinner on roadside stalls and parked their rickshawas in their designated place and slept in the same the whole night. now if anybody who wants to work in mumbai finds a way to survive also. a classic example of this is these autowalas.

as far as alternative transport is concerned, water transport should be the next best option even better then these air bus and metro rails system.

even if the lane discipline and some traffic rules are observed spruced with good quality tarmac then thigns would surely inprove in mumbai.

manaa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2005, 18:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

The more I think about this - the more Im convinced that Mumbai better start looking towards its coastline for decongesting its roads. The traffic situation is out of control now. Maybe a sky bus or a sky rial project has to be launched and completed pretty fast .

just hope some one up there or atleast someone in their posh cabins in MANTRALAYA is listening and I hope that atleast someone's heart should beat for this city.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2010, 22:51   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

See the way the public is transported. My car was following this truck in Bangalore when I was there two days ago!
Name:  DSC04951.JPG
Views: 275
Size:  133.8 KB
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:58   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Sikh pilgrims spotted travelling to the Gurudwara in Nanded for worship on National Highway Seven.
Incidentally, I along with other vintage and classic car and bike owners were moving on this highway for the run on Sunday 21st March.
Name:  DSC05039.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  350.2 KB

Name:  DSC05040.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  361.0 KB
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote