Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 29th September 2009, 23:10   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors - Media Centre

Tata Motors introduces the all new Tata 407 Pickup, Tata Super Ace and Tata Ace EX

Tata Motors unveiled its all new ‘Tata 407 Pickup’ and the new offerings from the Ace Platform -- ‘Tata Super Ace’ and ‘Tata Ace EX’ -- across the country.

The introduction of these new products- Tata 407 Pickup, Tata Super Ace and Tata EX are all set to vitalize the sub-one-tonne to 3 tonne segment with more payload options and greater power for the changing demands of its customers. These vehicles signal Tata Motors commitment to provide better quality vehicles at affordable price to enable consumers to enhance their business needs

Commenting on the launches, President of Tata Motors Commercial Vehicle Business Unit, Mr. Ravi Pisharody said, “It has always been our commitment to continually refresh our product portfolio, with both, new products and improvements on proven platforms, guided by our customers feedback.”

Tata 407 Pickup

The Tata 407 Pickup comes with a payload of 2.25T which offers nearly double the payload of any other pickup vehicle in the market. Thus customers do not face any hassles of overloading. Further, the Tata 407 Pickup gives customers the benefit of a relatively small turning circle radius of 5.5m which, along with an overall length of only 4700 mm, helps in maneuverability even in narrow lanes. The inherent ability of this vehicle gives the customer an opportunity of carrying 2T loads for longer distances, which translates to more business.

The Tata 407 Pickup comes with a service interval of 20,000 kms enabling the customer to spend less on maintenance. The legendary 407 platform with 3 years / 3 lakh kms warranty gives confidence and assurance of extended life. The Tata 407 Pickup comes with a competitive price which gives the benefit of almost the same EMI, similar down payment making it an attractive business proposition.

Tata Super Ace

The Tata Super Ace is a powerful, fuel efficient, ultra stylish 1 tonne truck with unmatched 70 HP and top speed of 125 kmph to hit the Indian roads. The vehicle is a four cylinder, 475 IDI turbo intercooled diesel engine which comes with a payload of 1000 Kg. It offers a larger deck length of 8’7”, perfect for voluminous loads. The Tata Super ACE offers superior comfort for the driver, sleek styling, with fully a functional dashboard with lockable glovebox, provision for mobile charger, ORVMs on both sides and sun visor. It also has power steering, bucket seats with front to rear adjustment for better drivability and roomy car like interiors. The overall length is 4340 mm allows for easy access in narrow lanes. The Tata Super Ace comes with 12 months/50,000 kms warranty which gives confidence and assurance of extended life.

The Tata Super ACE will now enable owners to increase the number of trips in the day, provide better earnings and faster growth, thus keeping in pace with the growing business needs.

Tata Ace EX

The Tata Ace EX, offers an increased mileage of upto 6%-10% over the current ACE. It has been equipped with superior features such as five speed gear box in order to reach out to farther locations in less time with more savings, bigger tyres with higher ground clearance to negotiate off-terrain with ease, unique electronic stop and start arrangement that saves fuel at traffic jams by auto ignition and clutch start.

The Tata Ace EX comes with a warranty of 36,000 kms /12 months.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-superace.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-tata407pickup.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 30th September 2009, 01:10   #1547
Senior - BHPian

i saw the new 407 pickup the other day. basically its the same truck with added stickers and a bed with a short height. no new changes. but still looks fresh.

the super ace looks cool.
Old 30th September 2009, 07:55   #1548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
i saw the new 407 pickup the other day. basically its the same truck with added stickers and a bed with a short height. no new changes. but still looks fresh.

the super ace looks cool.
407 Pickup? its really mini truck. what makes tata call it a pickup all of a sudden?
Old 30th September 2009, 10:07   #1549
Senior - BHPian

All the Aces that are sold currently, are of same size or of different sizes? I think I spotted two versions one smaller and one regular!
Old 30th September 2009, 10:48   #1550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Attachment 199649

Do you think this Tata 2516 can dig itself out, on its own power ?
Its stuck nice and proper, it was in the same position today morning too. Do these have only 1 driving axle (the rearmost one) ?
Old 30th September 2009, 11:06   #1551
BHPian

Ashok Leyland seems to try different strategy to take on Tata 1613SK market in Kerala.
Attached Images

Old 30th September 2009, 15:32   #1552
BHPian

Finally BEST's JNNURM Kinglongs have hit the roads.
The height of the new Kinglongs is much lesser than that of older ones. The low stance gives it quite a distinct look from older buses. There is more space between the top of glasses and the roof of the bus, giving it an odd look.

Seating capacity is 45. It has got a completely new (and ugly) side profile. Glass area is very less on the sides. I prefer the side profile of type 2 buses over this. Front & back are unchanged except for slight modifications due to the reduction in height. Tail light cluster is of a new design. Dashboard remains pretty much the same. Only minor change is that the controls for AC have been shifted from dashboard to near the gear lever, as the panel for controlling LED display is larger in these buses.

Build quality and fit & finish sadly leaves a lot to desire. See the poorly finished CNG cylinder cover in the second photo. Paint quality is very average for a bus costing more than 50-55 lakhs. One of the tubelight covers in a bus has already come off. The finishing & paint quality is no where close to even the Tata Marcopolo, forget Volvo.

For more pics, click here.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-img_51911.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-img_51971.jpg  

Old 30th September 2009, 17:34   #1553
Awaiting Email Confirmation

i fail to understand why BEST is fond of chinese buses when u have the volvos...if it is a cost consideration then why cant we try the leyland buses that DTC has ordered...why persist with KingLong its really tacky
Old 30th September 2009, 18:32   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Not for the bare chassis. Tata does.
The model number would not have been displayed anywhere on the chassis' that are sent from the factory. Unlike Tata, these dont come with a factory fabricated front end. The builder is free to build it as per his designs. The model number logo /monogram is put on it during the body building process - guess the logo/ monogram will be part of the kit that would be sent with the chassis.
I believe leyland follows the model convention as well. The identification plate has the model number if I am not wrong
Old 1st October 2009, 00:04   #1555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
407 Pickup? its really mini truck. what makes tata call it a pickup all of a sudden?
maybe TATA is making us believe that it can be used as a pickup truck (daily car) like in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
All the Aces that are sold currently, are of same size or of different sizes? I think I spotted two versions one smaller and one regular!
is there any?? i have seen only 2 versions- the white and the beige, badged as ACE ht. the size is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Ashok Leyland seems to try different strategy to take on Tata 1613SK market in Kerala.
what is the engine AL is using here?? the same hino found in the comet or something else??
Old 1st October 2009, 09:25   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
There are quite a few of these 'Premier' lorries in Hyderabad with their distinctive 'parrot beaks'. Most of them have 'PAL', 'Premier' or 'Dodge' and sometimes, even an 'Fargo' written on them.

They have this loud, confident, 'tenor' esque exhaust note with a hint of bass...and are quite brisk with a good mid-range. I saw a chromy, impeccably maintained specimen doing a 90+ kmph recently!!

Any idea about the engine specs/payload? Hyderabadis, please oblige with some nice pics!
Hi I think I have seen a Ford truck restored and parked in the parking compound of Bramharamba/Mallikarjuna Theater in Kukatpally. During my recent trip to TN, I have seen the bodies of premier with the underpinnings on Leyland. So is the chassis entirely leyland and the top old design?
Old 1st October 2009, 10:24   #1557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Ugly looking, one could say people wont buy trucks based on looks, still
Old 1st October 2009, 10:34   #1558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Ugly looking, one could say people wont buy trucks based on looks, still
"Ugly" is cool in India. Ashok Leyland seems to have finally got the pulse spot on in this market segment. I promise you , if you review the sales figures of this truck one year hence, i will be right!. The previous Ashok Leyland commercials were just too "pretty" to be a sales success. Witness the 407 still selling after more than two decades with not even the usual dollops of low grade plastic upgrades. We both surely belong to a "minority" here.
Old 1st October 2009, 10:53   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Witness the 407 still selling after more than two decades with not even the usual dollops of low grade plastic upgrades. We both surely belong to a "minority" here.
2009 Sales figures indicate more Mahindra Loadkings were sold in Kerala than Tata407. There was no competition for 407 in the past 2 decades, but things changed. A more beautiful 407 is past due.
The reason Tata is not upgrading its 407 because, the 407 market segment[2 -12 Ton] is getting smaller and smaller. In future there will be Only last mile transportation [1 Ton, ACE, <2Ton] and long distrance transportation [Tractor Trailers, >12 Ton] and that is where Tata is investing its money now. That does not mean, there wont be an upgrade to 407 in the future.
Old 1st October 2009, 11:00   #1560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Transsenger : Ashok Leyland seems to try different strategy to take on Tata 1613SK market in Kerala.
What's different ?

Leyland has been trying this setup (seperated engine & cabin)for quite a few years now. This particular look is new, though. The older designs resembled the Tata trucks more than this one does.

OT: @Transsenger, how did your handle come up on the windshield of the truck ? If these are your toys, let's have a review too.
Closed Thread