Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 6th October 2009, 22:24   #1591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
'Travel with the Star' in Andhra Pradesh on an; APSRTCís Mercedes-Benz Luxury Intercity Coach
  • Mr. V. Dinesh Reddy, IPS, Vice-Chairman & M.D., Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) today formally received the keys of the first Mercedes-Benz Luxury Intercity Coach in Hyderabad along with Dr. Wilfried Aulbur, Managing Director and CEO of Mercedes-Benz India Limited
While flagging off Tata Globus Correcera, The APSRTC said "Volvo buses are expensive and going with Tatas Hispano Globus. Source The Hindu : Andhra Pradesh / Vijayawada News : RTC goes desi with its new fleet. Now suddenly they think, more expensive Benz is good for APSRTC. I could imagine ministers making such statements. May be the Benzes are sold at the price of Hispanos. I am sure the competion between Volvo and Benz is good news for the operators.
Old 6th October 2009, 23:57   #1592
Senior - BHPian

New Volvo B7R LEs in Kolkata on select routes by WBSTC.
Name:  volvo1.jpg
Views: 8193
Size:  105.9 KB

Name:  volvo2.jpg
Views: 8432
Size:  96.2 KB
Old 7th October 2009, 00:25   #1593
Senior - BHPian

this is during the pujas right?? i saw one near golpark during the pujas but no sign of them later.
meanwhile JuNuRM has another AL (air suspension) with (unpainted interiors, looks like chrome but all aluminium) buses which is quite good to look at than what we normally see.
Old 7th October 2009, 00:29   #1594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
this is during the pujas right?? i saw one near golpark during the pujas but no sign of them later.
meanwhile JuNuRM has another AL (air suspension) with (unpainted interiors, looks like chrome but all aluminium) buses which is quite good to look at than what we normally see.
The Volvos ply on the Tollygunge-Airport route.Minimum fare is Rs.20.There are quite a few of them plying now.
Yes,the new AL buses with air suspension have been launched on many routes.They look pretty nice too.
Old 7th October 2009, 09:17   #1595
Senior - BHPian

an hour ago , i saw a kamaz twin rear axle dumptruck on the ring road nr kalyannagar. it was probably on testing. i was in horrible traffic and had no scope of stopping to take a pic. anybody else know anything about it?
Old 7th October 2009, 17:09   #1596
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
thanks to one & all for helping me out with the purchase of buses. we have finalized on-

Two numbers of AL 4/89 viking 222" chassis with 'H' series 6ETI BS II engine.
Body will be done at Prakash (bangalore)- 49 seater (pics of similar model attached below). bus would be air suspension & non-AC.

can anybody help me with someone who can install an air suspension unit in these chassis apart from AL itself? is wheel india based in karnataka? if yes, can anybody help me with its website/mail ID or any contact info? has anybody heard of Chitra air suspension?

any opinions or comments are welcome.
The wheels india suspension will cost you 1.6 L approx for the rear wheels . I happen to know someone who does it in chennai and bangalore .
Chitra also does suspension work .

Instead of going for full Air suspension go in for a combi of air and leaf suspension . That is more cheaper and much better as it uses both . As of now the guy in chennai only does it . PM me for his contact details .

Last edited by greatmana2000 : 7th October 2009 at 17:23.
greatmana2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2009, 15:57   #1597
Senior - BHPian

the ugly (tata aura concept) looking TATA 1516C bus. looks ok in the interior and the ride quality is quite similar as the Starbus. used by WBSTC.
Attached Images

Old 8th October 2009, 17:32   #1598
Distinguished - BHPian

Gentlemen, if you would like to post a review of a tour-bus operator please use the following thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...el-review.html
Old 8th October 2009, 22:14   #1599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
the ugly (tata aura concept) looking TATA 1516C bus.

Compare with this [ Credit Rik Chaterjee ]

Which is uglier?
Old 8th October 2009, 22:19   #1600
Senior - BHPian

To my surprise all Bangalore City volvos have Auto Tranny. This auto transmission is boon for city driving along with A/C. This must have good affect on drivers compared to plain jane Tata and Ashok Leyland buses.
Old 9th October 2009, 00:03   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post

Which is uglier?

The external appearance notwithstanding , the two buses are quite different in terms of driving position. The driving position/ driver seat of the Ashok Leyland bus looks more elegant and it gives a commanding view of the road ahead unlike the tata bus whose cheap steeing wheel and horrible driving position among other things , looks compromised.
Old 9th October 2009, 00:44   #1602
Senior - BHPian

The AL plays safe and that Tata tries to be fresh,modern and a bit bold.
I'd take the Tata. But both of them are nowhere in the league of other international city buses!
Old 9th October 2009, 09:56   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
The driving position/ driver seat of the Ashok Leyland bus looks more elegant and it gives a commanding view of the road ahead unlike the tata bus whose cheap steeing wheel and horrible driving position among other things , looks compromised.
Wonder what makes you think so. Tata's steering wheel is inclined, has a squarish spoke profile, (unlike AL's round spoke), and is closest to the drivers's seat, and positioned lower than AL's. I'm sure it is more ergonomic compared to AL, which is quite horizontal to the floor, and held higher. Moreover, the instrument cluster in AL is very spartan, with the tachometer being a clear after-thought, and held outside the console, while it's all integrated into a single unit in Tata.
In BMTC, coach builders like KMS provide a neat instrument console for AL giving it acceptable looks, while buses built by Prakash carry the standard AL console, and i wonder if the driver can even read from any of the meters, while driving.
Old 9th October 2009, 16:28   #1604
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
To my surprise all Bangalore City volvos have Auto Tranny. This auto transmission is boon for city driving along with A/C. This must have good affect on drivers compared to plain jane Tata and Ashok Leyland buses.
even NMMT volvo's in Vashi, Navi Mumbai have A/T, why didnt GOVT of India select one or two particular models of buses and distribute them to all operators? this is weird
Old 9th October 2009, 19:40   #1605
Senior - BHPian

How are the volvos faring in kolkata?Great to see modern buses in kolkata.hight time they replaced those tim boxes and even worse the " mini buses ".
Closed Thread