Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 19th October 2009, 09:15   #1681
Senior - BHPian

what is that huge wiper doing on the glass above the windshield?

to offer a good view to the passengers?
Old 19th October 2009, 11:16   #1682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

The bus is continuous 'Coach of the year' award winner. Its arguably the best bus in the whole world.

You can import it into India and run it on Indian roads paying zero duty. Maybe if you go through the import procedures with a fine tooth comb, they'll let you import a sparingly used one for half the price of a VOLVO or full price of a LEYLAND/TATA

Its got all the bells and whistles. Humungous luggage space, a chemical toilet as standard fitment and a giant LCD that swings down from the ceiling and which everyone in the bus can watch unhindered

Just look at the design. Even in the case of a full on front shunt, the passengers are safe because they are sitting so high up. The driver will desist from all antics that private bus drivers resort to because he knows that if he gets into an accident, he might be as safe as he would be if he was in a M*R*T* *M*I (Owners/Lovers please forgive me)
Old 19th October 2009, 20:54   #1683
BHPian

In india we do have regulation that specify the height of headlights from the ground (CMVR). And i don't think the headlights of that bus is placed too low! Just compare the position of HL and tyre size. Its almost same in case of our buses also (remember our buses use 10.20 tyres whereas foreign buses have bigger ones). Its only the design of the body that makes you feel its low; similarly for the driver seat position is comparable to our VolvoB7R. Only this is the passenger cabin deck is too high. critics welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-starliner5.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 20th October 2009, 00:55   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Awesome idea comparing riding positions.

Here's my take
LEYLAND: This one has the most conventional layout. The brake pedal and clutch pedal are similar and the accelerator is like a shoe sole. Its going to be awesome seeing a blue rubber LEYLAND sign while looking at the steering from top
EICHER: The tilt steering irons out most of the disadvantages. Like the felt covered dash board. Couldn't locate the hand brake though.
TATA: The steering is very high, its like typing on a keyboard, your forearms are bound to pain on long distances
Arun,
How will you compare this with VOLVO driver position? (not at what hight they sit, but the overall angle, and steering position with respect to your seat height)
Old 20th October 2009, 13:16   #1685

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
It is not great by any means, but not that that bad from the front. Windshield is much bigger and the grill is small (when compared to Prakash et.al).
Saw some of these Tata Hispano buses being used by OTDC (Orissa Tourism) as tour buses. Body built by ACGL and overall build quality seemed to match Volvos.

Pics below:
Attached Images

Last edited by Dippy : 20th October 2009 at 14:24. Reason: Duplicate images. Also do not include images when you quote a post.
Old 20th October 2009, 14:55   #1686
BHPian

Cool pictures railfanwithk750. Where did you click these? In Bhuvaneshwar?
Old 20th October 2009, 22:15   #1687
BHPian

Default Volvo B9R

Travelled on B9R last week,amazed by its comfort,suspension and its speed.
Was sitting just behind driver,speed and effect of power steering really gave me heart attacks

Commercial Vehicle Thread-vv0.jpg

Commercial Vehicle Thread-vv1.jpg

Name:  vv2.JPG
Views: 2848
Size:  184.0 KB

Name:  vv3.JPG
Views: 2800
Size:  221.5 KB

Name:  vv4.JPG
Views: 2744
Size:  212.0 KB

Name:  vv5.JPG
Views: 2761
Size:  203.6 KB

Name:  vv6.JPG
Views: 2679
Size:  195.0 KB
Old 21st October 2009, 15:42   #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Cool pictures railfanwithk750. Where did you click these? In Bhuvaneshwar?
yes at Bhubanesswar, on a sidelane outside the railway station.
Old 21st October 2009, 17:23   #1689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Travelled on B9R last week,amazed by its comfort,suspension and its speed.
Was sitting just behind driver,speed and effect of power steering really gave me heart attacks

nice pics crzybiker ,well as far as speed is concerned i did not find any diff , in fact i felt b9r 9400 a bit slower than the regular one . The positive point was the swings at high speeds were much lesser than the regular one

Last edited by siedo : 21st October 2009 at 17:25.
Old 21st October 2009, 21:25   #1690
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

to clean the crow shitting I think .hehe
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:41   #1691
BHPian

Spotted many of these JnNURM buses on the NICE Road, B'lore, last weekend. And i'm almost certain they had WBSRTC written on the back. Maybe someone from WB can confirm on their arrival. Curiously, they were headed southwards.
Attached Images

Old 22nd October 2009, 11:09   #1692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Spotted many of these JnNURM buses on the NICE Road, B'lore, last weekend. And i'm almost certain they had WBSRTC written on the back. Maybe someone from WB can confirm on their arrival. Curiously, they were headed southwards.
Some of these exact AL busses are already in service in Kolkata. The color combination that we have seen so far on these specific model is green and yellow. Apart from this, there are a couple of low-floor starbusses that have been pressed in service. The difference between the newer LF Starbusses and the earlier LF Starbusses is that the earlier ones had rear mounted engine, whereas the newer ones have it in front, just like a few SLF AL's that were put to the road alongwith them.

These busses are plying under the WBSTC (WB Surface Transport Corporation) umbrella
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:12   #1693
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post

The bus from the pics seems to be a typical karur /bangalore city bus body . I think WBSRTC might have ordered fully built buses from AL and they are getting delivered .I dont see any passengers , so most probably it must be a new bus getting delivered .
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:20   #1694
BHPian

Thanks for the info, 1100D! Capturing the pics from my not-so-great camera is a challenge in itself

Am now seeing a few SLF buses from Tata, in BMTC under JnNURM scheme. The light-blue hued ones. They differ from the regular 1512c(?), in that the front wheels have a large hub, with the bolts being present just within the outer rim section and a concave surface inside, like in the Volvo's. Any idea what this model is?
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:22   #1695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by railfanwithk750 View Post
Saw some of these Tata Hispano buses being used by OTDC (Orissa Tourism) as tour buses. Body built by ACGL and overall build quality seemed to match Volvos.

Tata Motors acquires control of Hispano Carrocera
The above bus is based on Hispano Divo II. Hispano Carrosseva, The spanish bus maker is now a 100% Tata Motors Subsidiary. Hispano makes buses on chasis made by MAN, BENZ, IVECO and others. It looks like a small company (The last update to their website was in October 2008). Please take a look at some of the pictures in Flickr.Search results for Hispano Carrocera?
Courtesy: So Cal Metro
Hispano Habitat city buses looks better than the current Tata Marcopolos here. Let us hope some of these models will be available in India sometime soon. I also saw pictures of some Hispano buses built on Volvo chasis in above Flickr search.

Last edited by teamveevee : 22nd October 2009 at 11:40.
Closed Thread