Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 25th November 2009, 12:00   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Just read this news about Tata eying a stake in Swaraj Mazda and hence putting it up here. I am sorry if this was put here earlier .

Source : Tata eyeing stake in rival vehicle maker: Report

Article :

Quote:

Tata eyeing stake in rival vehicle maker: Report
MUMBAI: India's largest carmaker Tata Motors is considering buying a stake in truck and bus manufacturer Swaraj Mazda, a report said on Tuesday.

The auto giant is looking at buying the 17 per cent stake from private equity firm Actis, according to the Economic Times business daily, citing people familiar with the matter.

Actis owns a 7.7 per cent direct stake in Swaraj and 9.3 per cent through its parent CDC.

A spokesperson for Tata Motors said the report was "purely speculative" while Actis' India head, JM Trivedi, refused to comment, the Economic Times reported on its website.

Swaraj Mazda makes buses, trucks and ambulances for the Indian market and is majority owned by Japan-based Sumitomo Corporation, which raised its shareholding to 53.5 per cent this year.

Actis is a private equity firm focused on emerging markets, with more than $4.8 billion dollars under management, according to its website.

"The Tatas might eventually eye buying out Sumitomo's stake in Swaraj," a local auto analyst said on condition of anonymity.

Tata Motors has a 63 per cent market share in India's commercial vehicle sector, which could rise to about 65 per cent if it got a controlling stake in Swaraj.

Swaraj Mazda's share in the vehicles market fell to 1.8 per cent in the April-October period this year, from 2.2 per cent for the same period a year earlier.

Swaraj Mazda shares rose as much as 9.3 per cent or 24.65 rupees during the day to 289.9 at the Mumbai stock exchange, before retracing on profit-taking to 273.05 rupees, up 7.8 rupees or 2.94 per cent.

Tata Motors bought British luxury brands Jaguar and Land Rover from US Ford Motor last year for $2.3 billion. In 2004, Tata Motors had bought out South Korean truck maker Daewoo Commercial Vehicles.
Old 25th November 2009, 12:01   #1832
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes Benz India on the process of homologation of new three axle buses. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1600141
Old 25th November 2009, 12:12   #1833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
It does not matter the TBHPiens think..BEST will add 200 more KingLongs before March 2010 to the exsting fleet of 143 KingsLongs.
Seems other states are not following BEST route. Most have ordered volvos, marcopolos or AL. Whatabout the CNG advantage?
Old 25th November 2009, 12:20   #1834
BHPian

Default Only in Metros!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
Whatabout the CNG advantage?
AFAIK, CNG is available (and distributed) only in the cities where MTNL Operates viz. Mumbai and Pune!

Elsewhere it is LPG that is used as a gaseous fuel for automotive propulsion!
Old 25th November 2009, 20:17   #1835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
AFAIK, CNG is available (and distributed) only in the cities where MTNL Operates viz. Mumbai and Pune!

Elsewhere it is LPG that is used as a gaseous fuel for automotive propulsion!
But, what is the connection between MTNL and CNG? AFAIK, MTNL operates only in Mumbai and Delhi.

As of Today, AFAIK, CNG is available at: Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Vijayawada. There could be many more cities/towns that i've missed out.
Old 25th November 2009, 20:22   #1836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
But, what is the connection between MTNL and CNG? AFAIK, MTNL operates only in Mumbai and Delhi.

As of Today, AFAIK, CNG is available at: Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Vijayawada. There could be many more cities/towns that i've missed out.
My mistake. I meant Mumbai and Delhi, but wrote Pune instead of Delhi!

There is no connection between MTNL and CNG. I considered it a coincidence.

Wasn't aware of the rest.
Old 25th November 2009, 22:48   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
I think the credit should go to BEST. They maintain their buses properly.
I agree. I myself am a big fan of BEST's maintenance, though it has slipped down a bit these days. The defect which i mentioned was the mistake of body builder. BTW, i take back my words. The wrong light flashing defect is present only in the first 70 Kinglongs. It has been rectified in the JNNURM Kinglongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
Seems other states are not following BEST route. Most have ordered volvos, marcopolos or AL. Whatabout the CNG advantage?
Marcopolo and AL are available in CNG variants. I have personally travelled in the marcopolo, and it is far better than the Kinglongs. One of the new JNNURM Kinglong has already developed a crack on its body near the roofline. So much for good quality. It is indeed surprising why BEST rejected the Marcopolo. Maybe they had some "other" factors to consider, apart from the merit of the bus.
Old 25th November 2009, 23:28   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
It is indeed surprising why BEST rejected the Marcopolo. Maybe they had some "other" factors to consider, apart from the merit of the bus.
In addition to "Everything" else, time/deadline could be a Major factor. Both AL/TM finding it hard to fulfill their commitment (with Delhi/Bangalore). With high penalty for delay, probably some manufactures may not be willing to accept the terms of BEST. But i agree with AkMar, "other" factors might have played a bigger role.
Old 26th November 2009, 10:47   #1839
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Mumbai JNNURM

GUys...i happen to see the new JNNURM CNG AL bus yest...it has alonger body then the current CNG buses...the front grill is same as the lynx buses which are on road the top isl ike the MUTP with a digital signboard the windows are like the old styled the up down mode rather than the slide mode

the floor does look abit low sorry could not gather a pic as i was driving
Old 26th November 2009, 11:59   #1840
BANNED

I have also seen it.. the rear passenger door is double size and i think it has the open and close feature. Most of the new buses arent having their digital board working as yet. BUt overall a very handsome looking design and good futuristic signage. Much better than the sliding window CNG buses which were inducted recently.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:31   #1841
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
My mistake. I meant Mumbai and Delhi, but wrote Pune instead of Delhi!

There is no connection between MTNL and CNG. I considered it a coincidence.

Wasn't aware of the rest.
Read it as MGL - Mahanagar Gas Limited
Old 27th November 2009, 20:22   #1842
BHPian

Default Experiments with 12M

During the last Sabarimala season, KeSRTC launched 6 numbers of Super Express buses based on Tata LPO1612 platform. Now in this season, they have introduced 4 numbers of " Fast Passenger" buses on AL 12M chassis with 60+1 seats. No idea, why its a Fast!

Meanwhile recent media reports (Manorama) suggested that KeSRTC is planning to buy (reintroduce) Double Decker and Vestibule buses. The purchase orders would be placed by 2nd week of Dec09. Since AL is the only manufacturer with these products as of now in india, it is assumed to be AL buses. Launching vestibule buses along Angamaly-Aroor NH47 stretch would be attractive. Anyway lets wait 'n' C.
Old 27th November 2009, 21:52   #1843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Read it as MGL - Mahanagar Gas Limited
A small correction. MGL does not operate in Delhi, IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
During the last Sabarimala season, KeSRTC launched 6 numbers of Super Express buses based on Tata LPO1612 platform. Now in this season, they have introduced 4 numbers of " Fast Passenger" buses on AL 12M chassis with 60+1 seats. No idea, why its a Fast!
Would be glad if you could share details of the route, and perhaps pics, if any.

The TATA buses are currently shuttling between Kozhikode and Mysore.

Quote:
Meanwhile recent media reports (Manorama) suggested that KeSRTC is planning to buy (reintroduce) Double Decker and Vestibule buses.
This is interesting. Wonder what makes KeSRTC think this

Quote:
Launching vestibule buses along Angamaly-Aroor NH47 stretch would be attractive. Anyway lets wait 'n' C.
THe much awaited JNNURM buses would be operated on this route. The Kochi Corporation has proposed Volvos on this route.
Old 28th November 2009, 21:24   #1844
BHPian

Default Jnnurm Ashok Leyland RE LE

Spotted 3 numbers of Ashok Leyland Low Floor RE buses. As mentioned in my earlier post on the same, the body is built by VEERA. Its intresting to note that AL has not bothered to put its name plate(badge) even!...but VEERA has!

The first bus which was spoted some time back(earlier post) had Fog lamps at front, but it's missing in this. There are very few grab handles and some were found lying under the seat. The switches used for pneumatic doors are very conventional type. The RVM on driver side is very small (mirrors supplied along with usual AL bus chassis is of better quality). There is no lighting for rear number plates. There is only 3 speakers for the entire length inside.

These buses are fitted with Hybrid air suspension at front & rear. KeSRTC is expected to launch 15 numbers of this buses by end of the year.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-le_al_002__large_.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-le_al_004__large_.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-le_al_005__large_.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-le_al_019__large_.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-le_al_021__large_.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-le_al_024__large_.jpg  

Old 30th November 2009, 10:49   #1845
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default good ones

goood replicas for volvos non ac...good to see now indian buses more on roads volvo and king long nice design
Closed Thread