Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 6th December 2009, 12:33   #1906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
AFAICT Bus Bodies are Again Built at KSRTC(kerala) Regional Workshops.I personally love the Examples Made at Aluva Regional Workshop(Mostly Tata? I guess).
Yes. KeSRTC is now building all its buses at their own workshops - five of them: Central Works Pappanamcode, Regional Works Mavelikkara, RW Aluva, RW Edappal and RW Kozhikode.

Of these, Aluva and Mavelikkara builds only TATA buses, while CW, Edappal and Kozhikkode builds only Leyland buses. Super Express buses are built exclusively by RW Kozhikkode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheeshnairs View Post
can be ok with shutters, being in a tropical humid place. (I remember the negative feedback from public as news reports in dailies, about the glass windows, but wonder there are places with similar hot/humid climate where glass windows are used for buses, say like BEST in Mumbai).
Excuse me sir, BEST buses have "Up-Down" Glass windows. They have the same effect as that of the shutters KeSRTC uses. You cannot "regulate" the amount of air in this design as well. Interestingly, TNSTC too is building buses with up-down Glass shutters these days. While glass does look good, in a Harthal prone place like Kerala, Glass would only mean more expense for the corporation.

When Volvos were introduced in Trivandrum City, I remember how a media had mocked about the increase in number of targets for stone throwers. The article had mentioned that one need not go to the front or the rear of the bus to break a glass now - since the Volvo is essentially a "Glass box".
Old 6th December 2009, 13:15   #1907
Team-BHP Support

Whatever said and done against glass windows, i feel its stupid to dispose them altogether. Imagine a situation when its raining, and all the shutters are down. The bus is jampacked, and so you cant see out through the front and rear windows. How on earth do you know when your stop has come?! Travelling in Kerala buses in the monsoons when i used to visit Kerala, i used to find this highly irritating.
Old 6th December 2009, 14:59   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I am feeling

That is asking price for the vehicle or for a dealership?

I mean he did not understand a word in English. I asked whether they have dealership in India. But he gave a product catalog with price.
Old 6th December 2009, 20:17   #1909
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
On a different note, I saw what looks like to competition to Tata's ACE from the Firodia group.
Can it be this?

Old 6th December 2009, 20:45   #1910
BHPian

all new tata globus has been launched with rear engine and same volvo b7r type body n seats . dont know the price yet , but it looks promising. and if tata offers it even at half the price of b7r , i think the bus gonna be hit in the market.
has a huge front glass area , driver orianted cabin countered seats and non openable windows. don't know the bhp figs and the transmission used either .
please let me know if u know.
Old 6th December 2009, 21:30   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Whatever said and done against glass windows, i feel its stupid to dispose them altogether. Imagine a situation when its raining, and all the shutters are down. The bus is jampacked, and so you cant see out through the front and rear windows. How on earth do you know when your stop has come?! Travelling in Kerala buses in the monsoons when i used to visit Kerala, i used to find this highly irritating.
Fully agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Excuse me sir, BEST buses have "Up-Down" Glass windows. They have the same effect as that of the shutters KeSRTC uses. You cannot "regulate" the amount of air in this design as well.
Regarding the 'regulating' air flow, I was mentioning about the sliding glass panels for long distance buses. When the bus rips through the highway in a cold night, this is useful. And there is not much need for regulating air flow in city commuting.
Old 6th December 2009, 23:03   #1912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
all new tata globus has been launched with rear engine and same volvo b7r type body n seats . dont know the price yet , but it looks promising. and if tata offers it even at half the price of b7r , i think the bus gonna be hit in the market.
This bus has been in the market since 2008. It sells at 55 Lakhs (Excluding taxes). Given the price, Volvo has been continuously selling over 250 pieces per year - plus, it has been selling B9Rs like hot cakes, even when it costs over a crore on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
has a huge front glass area , driver orianted cabin countered seats and non openable windows. don't know the bhp figs and the transmission used either .
The Bus is powered by a 235hp rear-mount Cummins engine.
Old 6th December 2009, 23:43   #1913
Senior - BHPian

@trrk - yes. The cabin looks very high - almost the height of a Tempo Traveller. Gives a very imposing view during night.
Old 7th December 2009, 00:55   #1914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
Can it be this?

this is the FORCE TRUMP powered by a 39 bhp TD2000 engine, ready to take on the SUPER ACE.

have a look-www.zigwheels.com/.../Trump_20091028-1-1
Old 7th December 2009, 11:49   #1915
Senior - BHPian

Yeah; the Trump does look set to trump the competition. It looked good, was as silent as a petrol engined sedan, and has very imposing looks.
Old 7th December 2009, 11:55   #1916
BHPian

Saw this Mini bus at Chennai. It was a fully built AC bus. The fit and finish was top notch.
But i could find no logos on it. Anyone knows what bus this is???
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-dsc00892.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-dsc00894.jpg  

Old 7th December 2009, 13:01   #1917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Saw this Mini bus at Chennai. It was a fully built AC bus. The fit and finish was top notch.
I think its a Sutlej Body built bus on Ashok Leyland Chasis. It looks like its a real engine model.
Old 7th December 2009, 13:25   #1918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Front or Rear Profile might have helped a lot...

King Long (Cerita, in India) too have a "Minibus" with a rear-mount 180hp Cummins engine (JC 10 HD). However, the design doesn't seem like a King Long.

Could be a product from Sutlej - a shorter version of the Lexia, perhaps. I hear they too have a 9 metre model with a similar configuration as the King Long JC 10 HD.
Old 7th December 2009, 18:14   #1919
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Its a Cerita. Saw the same one in Hyderabad used by 4Wheels (a vendor providing logistics to IT/BPO companies)
Old 7th December 2009, 18:19   #1920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
I think its a Sutlej Body built bus on Ashok Leyland Chasis. It looks like its a real engine model.

In LCV/ICV bus segment AL has only tag and Lynx and both are FE models. Could be something from Kinglong's stable- Cerita.
Closed Thread