Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 06:41   #1936
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kerala
Posts: 627
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
My brother took this photo from Goa , when he visited there last month
Cool pic... This is 1623 for exports. Do you have any other picture of this bus?
Trapezio is offline  
Old 9th December 2009, 09:11   #1937
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Yep that is , actually I forgot the name of the company he spot that buses

hannie you are correct that is ACGL - Goa
If I'm not wrong, ACGL is Automobile Corporation of Goa Limited, was Govt of GOa undertaking engaged in bus body building. In late 80s & early 90s Tata had a tie-up with ACGL to build bus body for their chassis like 1210, 1312, 1313, etc. Later Tata aquired the major share of the company & Tata monopolise ACGL only for Tata's bus bodies. Now I guess Tata is not using ACGL badging on their buses build at ACGL's facility!
hanmust is offline  
Old 9th December 2009, 09:34   #1938
BHPian
 
v1kram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Coimbatore /YEG
Posts: 453
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
If I'm not wrong, ACGL is Automobile Corporation of Goa Limited, was Govt of GOa undertaking engaged in bus body building. In late 80s & early 90s Tata had a tie-up with ACGL to build bus body for their chassis like 1210, 1312, 1313, etc. Later Tata aquired the major share of the company & Tata monopolise ACGL only for Tata's bus bodies. Now I guess Tata is not using ACGL badging on their buses build at ACGL's facility!
True, but regarding the badge part, ACGL badge can been seen on the buses that are exported and also the buses delivered in India (BMTC for example). But the ACGL badge does not appears in Hispano Globus since the later's badge is present.
v1kram is offline  
Old 9th December 2009, 10:05   #1939
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kerala
Posts: 627
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
If I'm not wrong, ACGL is Automobile Corporation of Goa Limited, was Govt of GOa undertaking engaged in bus body building. In late 80s & early 90s Tata had a tie-up with ACGL to build bus body for their chassis like 1210, 1312, 1313, etc. Later Tata aquired the major share of the company & Tata monopolise ACGL only for Tata's bus bodies. Now I guess Tata is not using ACGL badging on their buses build at ACGL's facility!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1kram View Post
True, but regarding the badge part, ACGL badge can been seen on the buses that are exported and also the buses delivered in India (BMTC for example). But the ACGL badge does not appears in Hispano Globus since the later's badge is present.

Tata was was involved with ACGL from its conception.

Although Tata has majority stake, ACGL is allowed to make their bodies on other chassis and badge them as ACGLs.

The Globus is a Tata product which is license built by ACGL in their factory. ACGL got immense help from Tata/Hispano in building this bus, since otherwise they were not quite equipped to do so.

In the last five odd years Tata had embarked on a major program to improve quality of ACGL bus body building. The program is still going on.

On the flip side, ACGL went on rampant copying of Tata Hispano products. Now, there are quite a few bused on Ashok Leyland which looks similar to Tata Hispano's Spanish buses! Talk about professionalism!

Last edited by Trapezio : 9th December 2009 at 10:08.
Trapezio is offline  
Old 9th December 2009, 11:20   #1940
BHPian
 
prmd_cochin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cochin
Posts: 575
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
@ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1623582-post1932.html

^^^Does those Malabar Bus's Body Built Locally ?
Ofcourse yes, built locally. Almost all buses plying in this route has same or similar body, only the paint jobs are differ.

Some apsrtc images, volvos do look amazing.

Credit Binaik.
Attached Images
      
prmd_cochin is offline  
Old 9th December 2009, 15:18   #1941
BHPian
 
Sudan_NFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 759
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

I noticed that Chennai city volvo bus come with 84000 instead of B7R badge .I don't know why and you guys have any idea on this.
Sudan_NFS is offline  
Old 9th December 2009, 15:24   #1942
BHPian
 
kadri007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore/Mangalore
Posts: 433
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Hey just check out the 5th Pic. APSRTC has added extra head lights in front for the pink Volvo.
kadri007 is offline  
Old 9th December 2009, 17:08   #1943
BHPian
 
prmd_cochin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cochin
Posts: 575
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
Hey just check out the 5th Pic. APSRTC has added extra head lights in front for the pink Volvo.
Well you are right, those looks like a inhouse jobs, specifically build for highway traffic.

Some more buses from KeSRTC build by TVS Irizar, their interior the last one is the Goa Transport - Kadamba transport.
Attached Images
     
prmd_cochin is offline  
Old 9th December 2009, 21:10   #1944
BHPian
 
dkamath's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 544
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Heard that the new Tata Marcopolo's LF buses for BMTC are awaiting to begin operations, and currently parked inside Depot 25 (Agara). Has anybody spotted them yet?
dkamath is offline  
Old 9th December 2009, 23:21   #1945
BHPian
 
kadri007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore/Mangalore
Posts: 433
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Heard that the new Tata Marcopolo's LF buses for BMTC are awaiting to begin operations, and currently parked inside Depot 25 (Agara). Has anybody spotted them yet?
Few days back, Bangalore Mirror had a small pic of the new Tata Marcopolo. Its a Non AC version.

But till now i have not seen it on roads.

Times of India Publications
Attached Images
 
kadri007 is offline  
Old 10th December 2009, 00:12   #1946
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 1,081
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
Few days back, Bangalore Mirror had a small pic of the new Tata Marcopolo. Its a Non AC version.

But till now i have not seen it on roads.

Times of India Publications

The front looks different from the DTC Marcopolos and ACGL built BMTC ones . Also somebody mentioned in the forum these are SLF, not LF
teamveevee is offline  
Old 10th December 2009, 08:59   #1947
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 196
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Heard that the new Tata Marcopolo's LF buses for BMTC are awaiting to begin operations, and currently parked inside Depot 25 (Agara). Has anybody spotted them yet?
Saw one in service near Silk Board going towards Electronic City direction. The color of the bus is orangish. I was able to see only the rear side of the bus and it looked pretty much same as the DTC Marcopolos.

Last edited by rajakumar : 10th December 2009 at 09:01.
rajakumar is offline  
Old 10th December 2009, 09:41   #1948
BHPian
 
v1kram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Coimbatore /YEG
Posts: 453
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Couple of Marcopolo's for BMTC and Mysore has already arrived. Pictures and details are posted in below link.
Mysore JNNURM Tata Marcopolo buses ready to get delivered. - AUTOPEDIA
v1kram is offline  
Old 10th December 2009, 10:43   #1949
BHPian
 
kadri007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore/Mangalore
Posts: 433
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
Saw one in service near Silk Board going towards Electronic City direction. The color of the bus is orangish. I was able to see only the rear side of the bus and it looked pretty much same as the DTC Marcopolos.
The orangish Tata Marcopolo as per my knowledge is the AC version and the ticket rates would be lower than Volvo.
kadri007 is offline  
Old 10th December 2009, 11:51   #1950
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 196
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
The orangish Tata Marcopolo as per my knowledge is the AC version and the ticket rates would be lower than Volvo.
Yes, I recollect seeing the AC mounted on the roof top of the bus.
rajakumar is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCOOP : Nissan Commercial Vehicle spotted testing EDIT : Now as Ashok Leyland trammway Commercial Vehicles 40 31st May 2013 11:15
Heavy Commercial Vehicle Sales slowing down. Recessionary Trend? anjan_c2007 Commercial Vehicles 6 7th March 2013 16:20
Volvo-Eicher JV to plan new commercial vehicle portfolio DukeNukem Commercial Vehicles 1 16th September 2012 07:29
The Light and Small Commercial Vehicle Thread kadri007 Commercial Vehicles 136 20th April 2012 09:21
Commercial vehicle dealerships! raj_5004 Commercial Vehicles 1 9th April 2010 17:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks