Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 10th December 2009, 12:27   #1951
Senior - BHPian

Default Tata to buy Swaraj Mazda - Mere Speculation?

Just happened to read this Economic times article
Tatas look to enter Swaraj via Sumitomo- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
I think this is just a speculation,
1) To increase market share in LCV market. Tata got 68% and Swaraj mazda got 2% market share in LCV market. Dont think it is worth
2) I dont think any investor (Read Sumitomo, Actis) will exist now, while the auto industry in India is exploding and all companies are trying to enter India.
3) To get access to Izuzu bus technology. With Hispano Corracera under its belt and association with Marcopolo i dont think Tata Motors need any additional bus technology. If at all they need technology they could get the same from Iveco (from Fiat) and introduce the Iveco range in India thru TM dealerships to compete agaist Volvos/Benzes.
I think this is mere speculation, but who knows, any thing could happen.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:43   #1952
BHPian

TN and pondicherry state transport buses.
Attached Images

Old 10th December 2009, 16:49   #1953
BHPian

P 8000 coaches are built by Prakash Body builders in Bangalore near Peenya. One of the oldest and largest of bus body builders in Karnataka.
Old 10th December 2009, 18:01   #1954
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Best Slf

The new BEST SLF was on its way from the body shop caught a couple at khargar on the highway...somewhere i feel it does not fall in to the SLF range i guess Mumbai has been the worst hit in the JNNURM scheme really bad buses one of the best servcies and the worst design buses nowadays...
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-img00042200912101518.jpg  

Old 10th December 2009, 18:53   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
P 8000 coaches are built by Prakash Body builders in Bangalore near Peenya. One of the oldest and largest of bus body builders in Karnataka.
Those bodies are good. Butlocal body designs have take a back seatafter the launches of ready made bodies. Earlier tourist carriages used to be so different, but nowadays all are almost the same, the paint job is that makes the difference.
Old 10th December 2009, 18:59   #1956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
That paint job is og the ganeshan's ministry, so i guess its pretty old by now.

Some private buses from Kerala. Look at the paint jobs !!!
Quote:
Ofcourse yes, built locally. Almost all buses plying in this route has same or similar body, only the paint jobs are differ.

Some apsrtc images, volvos do look amazing.

Credit Binaik.
Quote:
Well you are right, those looks like a inhouse jobs, specifically build for highway traffic.

Some more buses from KeSRTC build by TVS Irizar, their interior the last one is the Goa Transport - Kadamba transport.
PLEASE make it a point to credit the images to the source. Almost every image posted by you in the past few days were taken from my website, without any kind of permission, and in many cases even a word of credit or info about your source of images.

I am sorry, but this is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE. These images MIGHT not be the best or an award-winning effort, but taking such pics takes a lot of effort and one must experience it to know.

PLUS, while quoting the name, please quote in whole - I have no idea where you got the "Binaik" from.
Old 10th December 2009, 20:24   #1957
Senior - BHPian

The JNURM buses are already in operation in Mumbai
Old 10th December 2009, 22:17   #1958
BHPian

The new Kallada Travels Volvo B9R Multiaxle bus with Kerala registration operated in Cochin-Chennai route.
Attached Images

Old 10th December 2009, 22:27   #1959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
PLEASE make it a point to credit the images to the source. Almost every image posted by you in the past few days were taken from my website, without any kind of permission, and in many cases even a word of credit or info about your source of images.

I am sorry, but this is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE. These images MIGHT not be the best or an award-winning effort, but taking such pics takes a lot of effort and one must experience it to know.

PLUS, while quoting the name, please quote in whole - I have no idea where you got the "Binaik" from.

Its from the google images and i have posted the image source too. Which i got from the respective images. Some are from yours and others from ksrtc blog. Please go back and check.

Appreciate your effort, your web album was something what i have been searching for such a long time. My bro actually found it for me.
Old 11th December 2009, 10:13   #1960
Senior - BHPian

Default Some thoughts

prmd_chn - feel you ought to have posted a proper acknowledge of the form "taken from http://<this site". Second, I think it is not right to copy and paste (as in downloading images from the other site to your computer and then uploading them here) without the owners of the other site knowing it.

This really defeats the purpose of the net and concept of a community. Asimple link to the other site(s) would have served the same purpose.

The above is purely my opinion; not of this community.

---------------------------------------------------

The above exchange made me go through the kesrtc related sites.

I am a bit surprised that a govt. institution can be so net savvy. Or is it really??

I did a whois on the sites which claim to be kesrtc related. and find that the names of the real owners are not disclosed.

And the official site, transport.kerala.gov.in does not list any of them.

Unfortunately, the official KeSRTC site is listed as a harmful site by google. (and confirmed by other means).

What is going on?

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 11th December 2009 at 10:15.
Old 11th December 2009, 10:21   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
The new Kallada Travels Volvo B9R Multiaxle bus with Kerala registration operated in Cochin-Chennai route.
But didn't somebody post that Kallada is exiting tour business?
Old 11th December 2009, 11:58   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
prmd_chn - feel you ought to have posted a proper acknowledge of the form "taken from http://<this site". Second, I think it is not right to copy and paste (as in downloading images from the other site to your computer and then uploading them here) without the owners of the other site knowing it.

This really defeats the purpose of the net and concept of a community. Asimple link to the other site(s) would have served the same purpose.

The above is purely my opinion; not of this community.
I never tried to take claim those photos were mine, i was searching for 'Kerala Superfast on google images' i got these images as result and i downloaded it to upload here, the name was given as binaik's gallery', and i ave that as the source. I admit i didnt have the patience to wrte and ask for the full name. The same with KSRTC blog, i dont who owns it so i gave the source as ksrtc blog.

I have messaged him - Binaik personally with my apology.
Old 11th December 2009, 12:09   #1963
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
But didn't somebody post that Kallada is exiting tour business?
Considering they have introduced new buses on some of their routes, i dont think they are exiting the business.
Old 11th December 2009, 12:24   #1964
BHPian

Buses were one of my childhood 'Obsessions'. I remember taking anything which is round in shape and using it as a Steering wheel and a small pipe as the Gear lever , and driving the bus :-)
I used to imagine the routes , the curves and the uphill / dowhill / bus stops in my school route and then driving accordingly ,well thats a story almost 15/16 years back .

Even now , I m very interested to see Bus / trucks on roads , Checking out their designs and so on .

Earlier I could differentiate between the Tata and Leyland buses from their engine sounds , but now Leyland has improved a lot and this makes me hard to distinguish between them . I need to peep into the drivers cabin and check the logo on the steering wheel to identify the make . ( Harldly the logos are seen from front , all these inter - state night service buses )

Well so you guys may be wondering whats the big point I am trying to convey , Basically nothing , but the thoughts that came to my mind when seeing these CV pics and posts related to them :-)
Old 11th December 2009, 12:42   #1965
Senior - BHPian

Default Often discussed topic - Volvo city buses

Happened to read this Telegraph article. It looks like the ridership is not good for Volvo buses in Culcutta too, where as the newly introduced normal SLF buses are accepted very well.
The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Metro | Joyride for commuter
Newspaper quotes a rider,
Quote:
“The low frequency is a major problem. I waited for an hour at Esplanade for one of these buses to the airport recently, and almost missed my flight. I doubt if the frequency will go up as hardly anybody boards them (volvo city buses) because of the higher fare,” said Bowbazar resident Harsh Murarka, 29, a travel agent.
Closed Thread