Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 20th August 2007, 20:59   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
I have seen these guys on road from chennai port, first i thought its some imported truck or a Volvo, but to my surprise it was a TATA. Looked great though.

Tata Novus, basically rebadged Daewoo's with some updates.
Old 20th August 2007, 22:57   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Tata Novus, basically rebadged Daewoo's with some updates.
the ones i have seen have its head light on its bumpers unlike the ones posted above
Old 23rd August 2007, 14:19   #213
nbr
BHPian

When is the AL new gen vehicles to be gonna launched?Its now time for the next auto expo to start in a few months from now
Old 23rd August 2007, 15:11   #214
Senior - BHPian

I think its high time AL launch their truck.the tata 1613EX and Eicher Jumbo have come storming into the market replacing the old chassis concept of building body seperately
i saw the new AL truck testing and a MAN truck with yellow permanant regd plate
but the pleasent sight was to see alot of jumbos and new tata trucks replacing the old
like this one

the sad part is that i didnt spot any volvo in this trip

Last edited by AMATMO : 23rd August 2007 at 15:13.
Old 23rd August 2007, 15:40   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
the sad part is that i didnt spot any volvo in this trip
Vovlos seem to have vanished totally from the commercial vehicle scene, as the pioneer-transporters realised whta a white elephant it was (apart from high capital costs, the high maintenenace costs too). I have not seen either of the Volvo FM7 or FH12s for a long time now, and happily this has heped raise standards of the AL and Tata vehicles on the back of increased customer expectations. Hopefully, with better offerings from the 2 (along with Eicher and AMW) will help them retain their stranglehold on the Indian CV market and we may see a repeat of what happened during the 1987-90 period when Tata 407/609 killed the Jap LCVs. Looks like Volvo is banking on only the B7Rs (and of late the super-expensive city buses, and mabe some mining vehicles) to keep them afloat. The way things are going, the B7R is going to feel the heat of competition as the AL Luxura and King Longs get their act together. Already, Tata has bagged orders in almost all Indian cities for their low-floor Star buses.
Old 23rd August 2007, 15:47   #216
Senior - BHPian

here is a pic of the volvo B7RLE in bangalore
i am posting it for non bangaloreans who havent seen it yet

Old 24th August 2007, 12:32   #217
Senior - BHPian

A few days back I heard in the news that Merc is coming with the Actros series. Any updates on that front?
Old 24th August 2007, 13:37   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
A few days back I heard in the news that Merc is coming with the Actros series. Any updates on that front?
There is also news that Merc is talking to Eicher for a possible takeover
Old 7th November 2007, 10:02   #219
Awaiting Email Confirmation

fantastic guys post a pic of luxura im a leyland fan....also BEST in mumbai is experimenting with KingLong on the Dadar Thane route
Old 8th November 2007, 15:50   #220

Another article on luxura

Bangalore: Are Volvo buses on their way out? Giving the Swedish auto giant’s luxury buses a run for their money with its long-standing customer, Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC), are Ashok Leyland’s InterCentury Luxura and an inter-city coach by Corona.

These buses are similar to the Volvos but manufactured indigenously. The idea is to give greater thrust to Indian buses.

KSRTC security and vigilance director Bhaskar Rao told The Times of India that Luxura and Corona are on a par with the comfort level of the Volvo. “We’re planning to buy at least 50 of them,” he said. Two models of the Corona and the Luxura are currently being tested on the Bangalore-Mysore highway on various parameters.

“The braking efficiency of these buses is superb and they’re built with retarders — computers which help reduce the impact when the brakes are applied,” Rao said. The Luxura — a 12-metre, airconditioned coach built on a space frame and suspended on air springs — is a prototype by Ashok Leyland made to KSRTC’s specifications and seems to be ahead in the race.

“Not only does it have classy interiors and exteriors, but passengers too think that the bus is comfortable.” The Luxura passenger is greeted with features like AC with individual controls, reading lamps, reclining seats and a request button to stop the coach. Luxura’s bodywork is by Ashok Leyland’s joint venture, Irizar TVS, employing Irizar technology.

The rising demand has forced KSRTC to expand its fleet of luxury buses. “Lowcost air fares provided by domestic airlines have not damaged the inflow of revenue for KSRTC. The passenger is guaranteed no cancellation, travels more comfortably in a luxury bus and pays reasonable fare.” This year KSRTC is set to induct 1,590 buses and scrap 840 — a net addition of 750 buses. Of these, nearly 150 will be luxury buses.

Bangalore-Mysore trial run

There’s good news for passengers who travel regularly on the Bangalore-Mysore route.
Sarige Plus, a low-cost AC bus, will soon hit the highway. The fare will be Rs 100, as against Rs 180 in a Volvo.

The fleet will be launched by chief minister H D Kumaraswamy soon. For those keen to check out this bus, a prototype is currently plying on the Bangalore-Mysore route at noon.

My Other Passions
Old 19th November 2007, 13:21   #221

Default KingLong pics

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Santy/My%20Documents/bestkinglong.jpg[/IMG]http://www.picscrazy.com/view/bestkinglong

PicsCrazy - Pics hosting

BEST king long pics

Last edited by Mpower : 19th November 2007 at 18:31.
Old 19th November 2007, 13:32   #222
Senior - BHPian

Who makes Corona and Sarige buses? And are the AL Luxuras already in operation?
Old 19th November 2007, 13:39   #223

BEST KingLOng pics

PicsCrazy - Pics hosting

PicsCrazy - Pics hosting
Old 19th November 2007, 13:40   #224

has anybody clicked the luxura on road....heard its a good indian piece
Old 19th November 2007, 13:50   #225

Google Image Result for http://www.hinduonnet.com/fline/fl2215/images/20050729002409601.jpg

Sarige buses...i think its a leyland
Closed Thread