Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 26th June 2008, 20:52   #451
BHPian

On a lighter note...

" Some lines you don't understand... some lines you can erase... some... you can't... !"

Now it all makes sense! Just kidding guys! Nice to see the passion...
Old 26th June 2008, 21:41   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hrag : In that case (explained above), the yellow and red lines could start at the same point (while being parallel to the sections they were representing). Do I make sense now?
Where the lines start still does not matter. The lines are being extended sufficiently, in the same direction, so as to allow a proper comparison. It is the angle of intersection that we are measuring, and that's what we need to consider there.

But if we had been measuring say, length of two sections, then it may have helped if the lines had started at the same point.

So, you are still good.
Old 26th June 2008, 21:47   #453
Senior - BHPian

Okay about the sag thing. The sag appears that way because those side-rail members are connected to the middle ladders. The middle ladder has a convex curve seen laterally (Middle portion raised). I can attach diagrams later (right now, I am not equipped to).

This is to account for the "load center" of the loaded body that the chassis will see later (load center being between the axles). At which point it will be straight (assuming that the loading limits and the load center of the body remains as per design).

I have seen unladen container carrying trailers with similar curves. However, since the side-rails are actually connected to points ont he cntral rails, they present themselves as straight lines at different angles.

Now what is interesting to observe is why this fascination for a comparatively large cantelever (Overhang). Is it only to satisfy various body lengths for the same wheelbase (hence mechanicals). The percentage of overhang to wheelbase of these busses vs that of busses used in the developed world would be a great indicator. However then, that question itself becomes void, when we take into account that the engine position itself on most of those are configured on the south side.

Last edited by 1100D : 26th June 2008 at 21:54.
Old 27th June 2008, 11:20   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Saw one of the new Leyland 4-axle rigid chassis trucks today in Bombay - went by oo fast for me to check out the model number or snapshot it. What is the model number and operating specs?
enter Common rail .... :-)
did anybody notice that in auto expo 2005 Leyland had showcased a common rail version of Hino.. must be that engine

210HP I suppose
Old 28th June 2008, 11:06   #455
BHPian

spotted Tata Hispano bus from Neeta while we were roaming around city at late night...here are the pics..
Attached Images

Last edited by tushky : 28th June 2008 at 11:10.
Old 28th June 2008, 11:24   #456
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tushky,

What kind of a Gearbox did this bus have, is it the standard manual one or an autobox.
Also any updates on the upcoming Tata world truck??
Old 28th June 2008, 13:13   #457
Senior - BHPian

so this bus is officially on sale in market, thats nice

thanks for posting the picture of the wheels, i was very curious to know if they are going to have someting like in the pic or the same old ordinary ones

the bus looks great, do you have any pics of the rear door on the left side of the bus?

BTW is there no hispano badge anywhere?

Last edited by AMATMO : 28th June 2008 at 13:15.
Old 28th June 2008, 13:39   #458
nbr
BHPian

Default Hispano , not that great

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post

thanks for posting the picture of the wheels, i was very curious to know if they are going to have someting like in the pic or the same old ordinary ones

the bus looks great, do you have any pics of the rear door on the left side of the bus?

I guess it could be the picture quality, the front doesnot look that great, iam just waitin have a look at it during the day.
Old 28th June 2008, 16:16   #459
BHPian

there was a hispano badge on the bus but there was no Rear door..sorry i forgot to check the gere box as the driver started asking for the money and it was around 2 at night..so i left immediately.... the bus looks great in daylight.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-dsc08125.jpg  

Old 28th June 2008, 17:05   #460
BHPian

I have seen a couple of Heavy vehicles with a metal circular ring welded onto the front wheel hubs.
what is the purpose of the same?

Last edited by arpandiv : 28th June 2008 at 17:09. Reason: hit post button by mistake
Old 28th June 2008, 17:57   #461
BHPian

Looks very similar to the Volvo in build except for the front. I'm not sure if it is the photo or the bus has a curved winshield on both sides???
Old 28th June 2008, 20:26   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post

On the top of the side windows you can see hispano writen.
Old 29th June 2008, 12:02   #463
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Default Effects of excessive rear overhang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
...Is it only to satisfy various body lengths for the same wheelbase (hence mechanicals). The percentage of overhang to wheelbase of these busses vs that of busses used in the developed world would be a great indicator....
In my humble technical opinion, one wheel base should not be permitted to have body length exceeding a standard. The body length can be less than the standard but not more than the standard.

On another note angle of approach and angle of departure would be affected by an excessively overhanging chassis. If you have seen huge cars scrape their rear bumper on the ground whilst exiting a steep main-gate ramp, you will know what I mean. I sometimes had this problem in Kingston.

Name:  wagonsparks.jpg
Views: 1602
Size:  12.1 KB
Old 29th June 2008, 12:49   #464
BHPian

there are rules regulating overhangs... The manufacturers are not free to keep any overhang they please
Old 29th June 2008, 16:31   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1kram View Post
On the top of the side windows you can see hispano writen.
yes i saw those on alternate windshields but those are stickers they also have neeta written on alternate windsheild, i meant a proper badge

thanks for the hispano badge pic tusky,that was what i was looking for

BTW any idea how many of these are owned by neeta?
and how many are sold in market?

Last edited by AMATMO : 29th June 2008 at 16:36.
Closed Thread