Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 21st April 2009, 17:21   #1141
BHPian

Cool Vestibule bus- Tnstc

Here is the photo of TNSTC vestibule bus operating between Thirumangalam and Integrated Bus Stand Mattuthavani Madurai.Total distance 36 KMs.
The bus travels through the city.
MPOWER was asking fot the pic in another thread.
(What could be the next from Volvo after "9400 6x2")
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-maduraibufront.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-maduraiburear.jpg  

Old 21st April 2009, 17:37   #1142
Senior - BHPian

^I think last month when I was at coimbatore ,I saw a vestibule bus which looks slightly better than what above posted.
EDIT:Now I got ,it was the colour scheme which looks better @cbe.
Old 21st April 2009, 17:44   #1143
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
^I think last month when I was at coimbatore ,I saw a vestibule bus
Did you notice the innovative rear tyre cooling Vent provided in the above photo?
Old 21st April 2009, 21:27   #1144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampro View Post
MPOWER was asking fot the pic in another thread.
(What could be the next from Volvo after "9400 6x2")
Quote:
Did you notice the innovative rear tyre cooling Vent provided in the above photo?
Thanks Stampro. Are you refering to the round roof vent in the rear of the front part. I thought its more like an fresh air vent. Any reason the tires need cooling?
Old 22nd April 2009, 07:46   #1145
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Thanks Stampro. Any reason the tires need cooling?
I was mentioning the squarish opening before the tyres which has angled slits directing the wind towards the tyres.Not seen in the picture.

I have seen truck drivers after a long drive feeling for the tyre temp or drum temp by touching.

Either it could be to check for jammed brakes or because of the belief that hot tyres wear out faster.
Old 22nd April 2009, 09:41   #1146
Senior - BHPian

All I have seen truckers doing whenever they stop, is to check the if any stones are stuck in between the treads which have a potential start irregular wear and tear. I have also seen them beating the tyre with a stick to understand in a rudimentary way if the pressure is ball park or not .
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:07   #1147
BANNED

Quote:
I was mentioning the squarish opening before the tyres which has angled slits directing the wind towards the tyres.Not seen in the picture.

I have seen truck drivers after a long drive feeling for the tyre temp or drum temp by touching.

Either it could be to check for jammed brakes or because of the belief that hot tyres wear out faster.

nice vestibule bus there.. no more vestibules in Mumbai is a sad sight. the seats are similar to the ones used by BEST now in Mumbai

regarding that tire coolilng went.. i see that more of a design styling.. maybe the designer or the coach builder was inspired by the Ferrari's of 90s. Testarossa or such models

Last edited by fx45 : 22nd April 2009 at 12:10.
Old 22nd April 2009, 18:06   #1148
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah, I see it now. Tata Nano type air intake
The body builder must have put it there. Nice idea..remains to be seen how effective it is. If the drums are finned then they will benefit, yes.

BTW, how is the ride and comfort in the rear part of the bus.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
All I have seen truckers doing whenever they stop, is to check the if any stones are stuck in between the treads which have a potential start irregular wear and tear. I have also seen them beating the tyre with a stick to understand in a rudimentary way if the pressure is ball park or not .
In a tandem wheel the beating is done to see if one is punctured. They do it even in the USA

Last edited by Mpower : 22nd April 2009 at 18:08.
Old 22nd April 2009, 19:03   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post

regarding that tire coolilng went.. i see that more of a design styling.. maybe the designer or the coach builder was inspired by the Ferrari's of 90s. Testarossa or such models
On a recent visit to Kerala, I found similar type of cooling vents in the new inter city buses that ply in South Malabar. Looks like the bus body building industry has adopted this as a standard.

- wind
Old 22nd April 2009, 20:08   #1150
Senior - BHPian

I have seen KSRTC(kerala) TATA Buses(Fast Passengers) in a service centre of Popular(or Shakthi?) near Thrissur.why?anyone knows?I thought KSRTC Got Major Workshops at 3-4 centres in Kerala.
Old 24th April 2009, 10:51   #1151
BHPian

Default ksrtc at dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I have seen KSRTC(kerala) TATA Buses(Fast Passengers) in a service centre of Popular(or Shakthi?) near Thrissur.why?anyone knows?I thought KSRTC Got Major Workshops at 3-4 centres in Kerala.

As per the existing practices, for all the new vehicles procured by KSRTC (Kerala), the major or minor defects under warranty will be attended by the local service dealer of the respective manufacturers. Even volvo buses are attended like that. You can find ksrtc buses at popular, Tvs etc due to this.
Old 24th April 2009, 13:29   #1152
BHPian

Default new Tata 12m

Tata Motors has launched a new 12M chassis "LPO1618" in the domestic market with features like rear air suspension, front weveller suspension, Cummins 180Hp B series (front) engine.
Since the specifications seems to be comparable with one of Ashok Leyland's 12M chassis (which has 180HP Hino engine & all other similar features), it might be targeted to grab a good share in 12M segment.
Otherwise it can be considered as an upgradation of LPO1616.
Eitherway Tata seem to be very aggrasive about the bus segment for the past few years. Sources suggest, recently launched Supermilo LP1613, is performing well when compared with earlier 1510s. And introduction of radial tyres on these base models was surely a brave step.

With support of technology from Hispano & marcopolo tata's now are realy fast in responding to market needs. The present happenings suggest Tata could be a real threat to Leyland's dominance in bus segment.

Moreover Leyland has not been able to make much out of "Irizar" in the domestic market even though exports have gained. They still do not have branded fully built ready to use buses like Tata "Starbus" series.

hence tata is sure to gain.....:thumbs up
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 1618Lpo.bmp (887.0 KB, 6806 views)
Old 25th April 2009, 03:24   #1153
BHPian

Default Tata World Truck, Hispano Globus

Normally when I do a Google "Images" search for some models or anything for that matter, I find something. The strange thing is that for the Tata Hispano Globus, such a search yields no relevant images whatsoever. And for the Tata World Truck, I see the same 3 images that I've been seeing for ages, viz. the team-bhp spy pics. Is there no interest in these models? Is the Hispano Globus not selling at all? (other than Neeta and Raj who seem to have bought some, per team-bhp).
Old 25th April 2009, 10:58   #1154
BANNED

those wheels in that 1618 make it look worldclass.
Old 25th April 2009, 15:37   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Normally when I do a Google "Images" search for some models or anything for that matter, I find something. The strange thing is that for the Tata Hispano Globus, such a search yields no relevant images whatsoever. And for the Tata World Truck, I see the same 3 images that I've been seeing for ages, viz. the team-bhp spy pics. Is there no interest in these models? Is the Hispano Globus not selling at all? (other than Neeta and Raj who seem to have bought some, per team-bhp).
Agree with you, when ever i search for Tata World Truck, i get the same images as uploaded by tushky. For Globus, APSRTC has introduced them in their Garuda fleet.

The Hindu : Andhra Pradesh / Vijayawada News : RTC goes desi with its new fleet

Last edited by v1kram : 25th April 2009 at 15:42.
Closed Thread