Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2008, 23:04   #676
Senior - BHPian

Saw the ISUZU again today evening, does not look as small as I initially thought. It has got "Kensons" , written on the sides.
Though for a brief moment, it was right alongside a light purple Volvo B9R, and managed to look puny allright.
Old 2nd November 2008, 01:08   #677
Senior - BHPian

te=directinjection;1036759]There's nothing funny about it. Tata plans to replace its existing range of MCVs and HCVs by the World Truck series.

Here's one source of the news. There are others too:

The plan is to phase out but the typical dynamics of Indian market may force them to retain the existing range. As an auto enthusiast, I sincerely hope the existing range of below-international class CVs is phased out. The auto revolution we have witnessed in India during the last decade and a half has so far bypassed the CV sector. One hopes the proposed Truck Body code comes into effect soon. It'll make a lot of the existing Indian CVs illegal.[/quote]

i really wonder how Mr.Borwankar is speaking all this. practically TATA cannot phase out the existing models, atleast in INDIA. a small transport business which comprises of 407-1613-2515 cannot be replaced. here no one can afford to buy world trucks costing above 25-30 lacs.
instead of just speaking of the heavy power engines there is a lot to be spoken about quality of other parts. the axles, brakedrums and what not where there needs to be lot of improvement.
mainly 1613, 2515 are the best selling models. every second multiaxle truck you see is 2515. 407 and 1109 cannot be replaced with any damn sort of models. these are used for a variety of purposes rights from movers and packers to vegetable transport.
i keep my fingers crossed. tata sell these world trucks right. after the NOVUS failure i really doubt how tata lands up with world truck.
Old 2nd November 2008, 02:54   #678
BHPian

I dont think TATA is going to replace the current reliable 1613 n 2515's with world series. I myself own 4 of these 1613 EX and am very satisfied. If at all they introduce the world series, surely it wont be at the cost of phasing out the current CV's.

cheers.
Old 2nd November 2008, 11:45   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithesh View Post
I dont think TATA is going to replace the current reliable 1613 n 2515's with world series. I myself own 4 of these 1613 EX and am very satisfied. If at all they introduce the world series, surely it wont be at the cost of phasing out the current CV's.

cheers.
i inquired with many top officials in TATA MOTORS, they started laughing when i asked them about the news in financial express. they said either borwankar wanted to say something else and the media misinterpreted it or there is some total miss communication. World truck is targeted to premium cargo operators and exports mainly.

nice to hear u got 4, 1613 EX. they have an amazing performance with that extra load carrying capacity and high fuel efficiency. cheers:
Old 2nd November 2008, 19:06   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i inquired with many top officials in TATA MOTORS, they started laughing when i asked them about the news in financial express. they said either borwankar wanted to say something else and the media misinterpreted it or there is some total miss communication. World truck is targeted to premium cargo operators and exports mainly.

nice to hear u got 4, 1613 EX. they have an amazing performance with that extra load carrying capacity and high fuel efficiency. cheers:
Thanx amit.
Yup, they got amazing fuel efficiency. And you are right about the load capacity too. My friend owns a fleet of Eicher Jumbo's and he feels he made a mistake of choosing jumbos over the 1613's.

cheers.
Old 3rd November 2008, 14:41   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, they got amazing fuel efficiency.
Nice to hear words of praise from an actual owner. What's the mileage like in terms of KMPL? Is the engine naturally aspirated or turbo? Is it Euro-III?

Quote:
And you are right about the load capacity too. My friend owns a fleet of Eicher Jumbo's and he feels he made a mistake of choosing jumbos over the 1613's.

cheers.
Isn't the Jumbo engine derived from that of the Eicher LCV which in turn is based on Mitsubishi Canter LCV? They've just added two extra cylinders, isn't it?

Quote:
The Indian CV market only cares about cost, not road safety or crew comfort. That's why safety must be forced upon the market through legislation. ARAI has prepared a truck body code that's going to be notified soon. We need to get rid of the primitive and unsafe contraptions that pass for trucks in India.

Last edited by directinjection : 3rd November 2008 at 14:49.
Old 3rd November 2008, 14:57   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
The Indian CV market only cares about cost, not road safety or crew comfort. That's why safety must be forced upon the market through legislation. ARAI has prepared a truck body code that's going to be notified soon. We need to get rid of the primitive and unsafe contraptions that pass for trucks in India.
YES because at customer end we expect low prices. All manufacturers have already received a notification from ARAI which was supposed to be implemented from 1st october, but you know the govt. working style. it has been delayed till further notice. the norms say ABS is compulsory. also the cabin structure needs to pass the rolling damage tests. and lots more have to be implemented. TATAs have already started working on them.

well 70-150 hp trucks kill a lot of people on road. i wonder what kind of killing machines will be the 500 hp powered trucks that too given in hands of "lungi", "bewda" thoughtless truck drivers.
Old 3rd November 2008, 15:51   #683
santoshnair

i spotted a Neeta multi axle bus i mean to say 2 sets of wheels in the back.....i cldnt tk a pic as i was driving in the opp direction...thsi was at borivli...guys any feedback

Old 3rd November 2008, 16:57   #684
BHPian

B9r?

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshnair View Post
i spotted a Neeta multi axle bus i mean to say 2 sets of wheels in the back.....i cldnt tk a pic as i was driving in the opp direction...thsi was at borivli...guys any feedback
You must have seen the object of discussion here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-9400-6x2.html
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:10   #685
BHPian

Swaraj Mazda Isuzu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Comparing it to this: specifications - Volvo 9400 intercity bus : Volvo Buses - India

It seems the Isuzu has a larger engine but lower power (no torque figures for the Isuzu).

Displacement (cc) 7790 (I) vs. 7000 (V)
Max. Power 230 PS @ 2500 RPM (I) vs 290 HP @ 2100 RPM (V)

Tyres also seem around the same size: 11-R22.5-14 P R (BS) (atleast the same rim diameter, but could be smaller width).

Finally top speeds seem higher 115 (I) vs 103 (V). Though I can bet, I have seen Volvos do much more than that!

Also with a smaller body, does it mean it could end up having a better power to weight ratio? Let's see!

A smaller body also means better equipped to handle (both being allowed to access and lower susceptibilityto damage) narrower roads and tight ghat sections.
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:42   #686
jkv

B9R...Recently launched Volvo Multi axle bus.

Few pics of the recently launched Volvo multiaxle buses.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-picture-085.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-cimg3575.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2008, 23:25   #687
Senior - BHPian

these look really nice
looks like its just a matter of time before we aalso have high end double deck buses
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:47   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Nice to hear words of praise from an actual owner. What's the mileage like in terms of KMPL? Is the engine naturally aspirated or turbo? Is it Euro-III?

Isn't the Jumbo engine derived from that of the Eicher LCV which in turn is based on Mitsubishi Canter LCV? They've just added two extra cylinders, isn't it?

Hello mate....the mileage is 4 to 4.25 kmpl. My trucks run frm mumbai to bhiwandi and vice-versa. So thats about 150km round trip and the mileage calculated is mentioned above.
The 1613 EX engines are 6 cylinder turbo BS II . Its Bharat Stage II, so it must be closer to Euro II.

Dont have a lot of info about the eicher engines. From what i know, the jumbo's are 6 cylinder 147 HP. BS II. The LCV's are 4 cylinder. The mileage matches the 1613's. And they are cheaper than the 1613 EX. But the undoing was the repairs, spares and low resale value.

I accept and agree that the current Indian CV's can improve on the safety norms. And now the manufacturers need to meet the ARAI norms. But the manufacturers should also think about the pricing of their products. Proper pricing will help small transport business owners like me.

Cheers.
Old 4th November 2008, 08:41   #689
BHPian

Quote:

well 70-150 hp trucks kill a lot of people on road. i wonder what kind of killing machines will be the 500 hp powered trucks that too given in hands of "lungi", "bewda" thoughtless truck drivers.
tch..tch..
i feel that went a bit overboard in unduly blaming one part of the system...
Old 4th November 2008, 10:57   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Displacement (cc) 7790 (I) vs. 7000 (V)
Max. Power 230 PS @ 2500 RPM (I) vs 290 HP @ 2100 RPM (V)
The Isuzu 6HK1 engine is probably available in its lowest state of tune here. A quick google search indicates around 686NM of torque (I may be wrong), which is considerably lower than the B7R's 1200 NM .
Is it more fuel efficient/reliable then, than the B7R ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks