Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2009, 15:40   #2086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddvi View Post
Didn't know that Scania was available in India. Whom have they tied up with here?

Also, most of the TATA trucks the military uses have the ALL Wheel Drive feature. Are these AWD trucks available for the general public from TATA?

There is nothing like most of the Tata trucks are AWD.
The ones supplied to Defence purpose are with AWD.
There is no necessity for AWD for Civillian application and if the need arises it will certainly be produced.
But right now ALL is leading with defence products with more than 56000 stallion in Indian Army. Its the largest fleet of any vehicle in any Indian army.

Can any one give a detailed review of New ULE's supplied by ALL to DTC.
How is the over all fit and finish?
How is the NVH levels compared to Marcopolo's.
I feel these buses are very promising since they look very good compared to Marcos.

Its time that most of our metros are moving to comprehensive BRT systems. Cities like Pune, Delhi have already started. The speed, reliability, bus stop locations and environmental friendliness of the BRT system have caused many middle- and upper class people to begin using it.
Requirements may be as follows:
1. Carry more passengers.
2. Faster Turnaround.
3. Fully Built options.
4. Improved Passenger ergonomics and comfort
5. Improved driver comfort.
6. Lesser Initial and operational and cost.
7. Higher engine power (at least 250 BHP)
8. Sophisticated features specific to Intra City traffic.
My view in products goes in this way.
1. Extending the current vehicle length from 12m to 13.7 or even more by using 6x4 platform if required.
2. This should happen in both ULE and SLF platforms (E+1 and E+2).
3. Quad Axle Bi Articulated buses like Volvo 7500.
4. Extending the concept of SLF to vestibule buses.(I think its not attempted earlier).
And finally if possible there should be an answer to Neoplan Mega shuttle which is currently the largest passenger carrying bus in world with 195 passengers (95 seats+75 standees).

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd January 2010 at 01:52. Reason: No back to back posts please.
Old 31st December 2009, 17:59   #2087
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
1. Extending the current vehicle length from 12m to 13.7 or even more by using 6x4 platform if required.
2. This should happen in both ULE and SLF platforms (E+1 and E+2).
3. Quad Axle Bi Articulated buses like Volvo 7500.
4. Extending the concept of SLF to vestibule buses.(I think its not attempted earlier).
And finally if possible there should be an answer to Neoplan Mega shuttle which is currently the largest passenger carrying bus in world with 195 passengers (95 seats+75 standees).

Nice questions. I know you are doing a marketing research, therefore am answering the questions. ;-P

We really cannot really generalize like this. I have stated this before, and am repeating, travelling in city is not just get into public transport from point X get off at point Y.

Travelling in city is getting out of your origin, reaching a point where public transport is available, waiting for it, and once a bus which has enough space for you arrives, get into it and hang patiently among a million sweating bodies as the vehicle meanders through the specific routes, (which are NEVER the shortest or fastest routes) getting out of the public transport at the nearest point from where you want to go, get off and then, find the way to your destination.

In fact, this true of every kind of public transport.

The low floor buses, high capacity buses, and all these things would only ease the part of travel in bold above. A successful and efficient public transport system has to ease the pain involved in the other legs of the public transport system.

For this we need mini buses and good substitutes for those "share taxis" and "share autos" which will take the busy and crowded traffic of the narrower roads.

I am not, for a moment, deriding the importance or necessicity of any of the ULF / SLF multi axle, articulated, etc vehicles. These only serve whay may be termed as "trunk" routes. What I am saying is that all these should be complemented by appropriate number and quality smaller "feeder" vehicles.
Old 31st December 2009, 23:08   #2088
BHPian

school bus

Here are some pictures of new Ashok Leyland fully built School Bus on "LYNX" platform. The body is built by Veera Vahana bangalore.
(Source-Veera vahana)

Earlier AL had sold similar school buses on LYNX & STAG chassis (built by Harsha) in Kerala.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-sc1_big.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-sc5_big.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 1st January 2010, 17:07   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Nice questions. I know you are doing a marketing research, therefore am answering the questions. ;-P

We really cannot really generalize like this. I have stated this before, and am repeating, travelling in city is not just get into public transport from point X get off at point Y.

Travelling in city is getting out of your origin, reaching a point where public transport is available, waiting for it, and once a bus which has enough space for you arrives, get into it and hang patiently among a million sweating bodies as the vehicle meanders through the specific routes, (which are NEVER the shortest or fastest routes) getting out of the public transport at the nearest point from where you want to go, get off and then, find the way to your destination.

In fact, this true of every kind of public transport.

The low floor buses, high capacity buses, and all these things would only ease the part of travel in bold above. A successful and efficient public transport system has to ease the pain involved in the other legs of the public transport system.

For this we need mini buses and good substitutes for those "share taxis" and "share autos" which will take the busy and crowded traffic of the narrower roads.

I am not, for a moment, deriding the importance or necessicity of any of the ULF / SLF multi axle, articulated, etc vehicles. These only serve whay may be termed as "trunk" routes. What I am saying is that all these should be complemented by appropriate number and quality smaller "feeder" vehicles.

Of course BaCkSeAtDrIVeR, its a generalised statement and its applicable to many cities.Thats the reason systems like BRT are hugely successful. Leave it in India since its not fully utilised or implemented in a hurry without understanding the basics of BRT.

Even from your words "get into it and hang patiently among a million sweating bodies as the vehicle meanders through the specific routes," there is a clue that there should be more space and ease for travelling and to reduce the travel time. That is what I have mentioned in my post.
In some cities and in specific routes only its possible for us to go for Mini buses as used by BEST and not in all the routes as this will lead to increase in traffic in road with decrese in passenger density. Further Mini bus is a way of life for many of us here in Tamilnadu which are definetely a boon for smaller routes and lesses dense routes. And so this is kept aside without combining it with normal mode of transport in cities.

Cities like Madurai, coimbatore and even in Hosur in Tamilnadu which are much smaller, there are select routes which are run with Articulated busses and these are run away success and earning good revenues to STU's. I was trying capture this point coupled with BRT.
And no offense in my post and views are always welcome
Old 1st January 2010, 18:30   #2090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Here are some pictures of new Ashok Leyland fully built School Bus on "LYNX" platform. The body is built by Veera Vahana bangalore.
(Source-Veera vahana)

Earlier AL had sold similar school buses on LYNX & STAG chassis (built by Harsha) in Kerala.
Being an ardent fan of Ashok Leyland products, I have all rights to say this : Shame on AL. This bus looks too similar to the now-popular Tata Marcopolo mini-bus.

BTW, is Ashok Leyland entrusting most of its OEM jobs to Veera? What happened to their much-coveted Irizar-TVS venture?
Old 1st January 2010, 23:58   #2091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Being an ardent fan of Ashok Leyland products, I have all rights to say this : Shame on AL. This bus looks too similar to the now-popular Tata Marcopolo mini-bus.
I thought you are a Volvo fan .
Quote:
BTW, is Ashok Leyland entrusting most of its OEM jobs to Veera? What happened to their much-coveted Irizar-TVS venture?
Starting their own Captive bus plant might have irked the TVS group. Veera may be a stop gap arrangement until their own bus plant becomes fully operational.
Exact copy in case of School bus, Chinese design in case of low floor buses, what happened to AL R&D? Hindujas (yikes) dont want to spent any money on RD?
Old 2nd January 2010, 10:03   #2092
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a white Isuzu bus operated by Neeta on Western Express highway at Borivali.
Old 2nd January 2010, 18:04   #2093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
I thought you are a Volvo fan .
Both are a league of their own...

Quote:
Starting their own Captive bus plant might have irked the TVS group. Veera may be a stop gap arrangement until their own bus plant becomes fully operational.
But wasn't Leyland holding a stake in the Irizar-TVS venture?

Quote:
Exact copy in case of School bus, Chinese design in case of low floor buses, what happened to AL R&D? Hindujas (yikes) dont want to spent any money on RD?
Something seriously wrong with Leyland. They are not getting it right these days
Old 2nd January 2010, 22:19   #2094
BHPian

Tata Motors manufacturing video clips

See
Old 3rd January 2010, 12:34   #2095
BHPian

2010: Auto Expo ; Curtain Raiser
Mercedes Benz - Mercedes-Benz will be making some important launches at the Auto Expo this year. Leading the event for the three-pointed star will be a preview of a high end limousine on the very first day of the show. If the rumour mill is to be believed, this launch could change the face of the super luxury saloon segment in India in which Mercedes is already a leading choice. The second day of the 10th Auto Expo will also see Mercedes preview a brand new bus for the Indian commercial vehicle space. The bus will offer the Volvo buses stiff competition with its high standards of safety, quality, efficiency and reliability. If the grapevine is to be believed, the new bus may just be head-on competition to the relatively recent Volvo B9R bus.
Old 3rd January 2010, 19:05   #2096
BHPian

at last it got launched ! i remember watching it in auto expo 2008 , since then it look nearly 2 years to launch it !!
Old 4th January 2010, 11:30   #2097
Senior - BHPian

Live Web cast - Jan 6 on askokleyland.com

Live webcast on www.ashokleyalnd.com on Jan 06 from 0900 to 1130 from Auto expo 2010. Coverage including media conferance.
Old 4th January 2010, 22:46   #2098
Senior - BHPian

@sivasankar that wud be the corona

also i was lookin foreward to see the navistar trucks with bonnet in the front with distinct american looks ,bit dissapointed there
but i admit even with the trucks they have launched its an ambitious move
nice to see that cause after all the trucks they have launched which will give them numbers not the fancy ones i dream of seeing on indian roads
but i hope they launch those atleast for speacial purpose
Old 5th January 2010, 10:11   #2099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Karnataka SRTC has introduced a Corona AC Sleeper Service between Bangalore and Ernakulam.
They also now have service from Chennai. Please refer attachment.

Curiously, their upper birth(berth!) leaves the bus stand one minute earlier than the lower birth. Maybe, the upper birth goes via Chitoor.

BTW does anybody has the specs of Corona? It is heavily inspired by Volvo and hope it has the matching hp and Torque to boot.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-ksrtccorona.jpg  

Last edited by DWind : 5th January 2010 at 10:14.
Old 5th January 2010, 10:23   #2100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
time taken by 'PRAKASH' to build the body: 1.5 months. Waiting period for chassis: 1 week (depends on availability)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
colour- not yet. i will be flying to bangalore next week to prakash's office & will decide upon the colour & various interior fitments.
Dude, 2 1/2 months, no update, what happened?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks