Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 10th July 2007, 00:00   #16
Team-BHP Support

In developed countries people pay without asking(most people pay).
Here the conductor has to threaten and cajole people into dishing out.
Moreover how can the people hanging out pay?

As for speed governers, what will it be limited to? 10kmph?
Buses in delhi move slow, the problem is the driving style. For example they will stop in middle without warning to offload passengers 10 meters before bus bay.
If such bus drivers are fined heavily per offense they will not repeat it.
If they do not see cops they jump red lights(car guys also do, but a bus is more dangerous and lethal)
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 00:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Why do you even need the conductor. Bus systems in the developed world use only the driver and an automated ticket generating machine.
In Hyderbad APSRTC buses are so crowded that during rush hour a passenger is lucky if he gets enough space to put his toes on the footboard while hanging on to the bars or windows. Sometimes when that space is not available, the passenger may choose to rest his foot on another passengers foot while his other foot hangs in air. And while he struggles to hold on to the bus and his dear life, the man in khakis peeks out of the window and yells 'Ticket please'. Now the poor passenger offers a prayer, lets go of the bar that he is helping him holdon to his dear life and puts the hand in his pocket to take out change and yells 'ek dilsukhnagar!'. Some times the driver stops the bus completely and the conductor gets down and issues tickets to all those foot boarding which may take upto 15 - 20 minutes. This is the situation during rush hour when a bus pulls into the stop almost every minute.
Mayavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 12:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If they do not see cops they jump red lights(car guys also do, but a bus is more dangerous and lethal)
I disagree with you here. Presence of cops doesn't make any difference to blue-line drivers, they'll anyway jump red lights.
You will never find a blue-line at the front at a traffic signal. If they are at the front they always jump, they stop only if some other vehicle is in front of them.

Cheers

Nitin
ntomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 12:09   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
I disagree with you here. Presence of cops doesn't make any difference to blue-line drivers, they'll anyway jump red lights.
You will never find a blue-line at the front at a traffic signal. If they are at the front they always jump, they stop only if some other vehicle is in front of them.

Cheers

Nitin
Thats true for Ghaziabad and Noida, in Delhi they are scared of cops. all these things will impact Delhi only, the other parts of NCR will keep on suffering.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 12:16   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Thats true for Ghaziabad and Noida, in Delhi they are scared of cops. all these things will impact Delhi only, the other parts of NCR will keep on suffering.
Man, I 've been driving in Delhi for more than 8 years now, and am telling you this from experience. In fact I use this trick if I need to jump a red light - get in front of a blue-line and jump the signla, he'll definitely jump after you. And seeing him doing that the cop will turn the other way and won't bother you.

Scared of cops - don't make me laugh. Cops stop blue-line buses only to collect their monthly bribes, never ever for anything else.

I drive daily 56 KMs to-and-fro work; almost half of it in Delhi and half in Noida; and let me tell you, condition is equally bad in both.

Cheers

Nitin
ntomer is offline   Reply With Quote