Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 20th October 2009, 19:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

In the Demo vehicle pic, Is it the wheels or the cabin that is making Winner look Looser(read odd...)....Bit bigger wheels would have looked better..
agspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 13:42   #32

I don't see 65kmph happenin any way ... this segment drivers almost always overload the vehicle till 2 - 2.5 tons ... with that kinda load da vehicle crawls on da road.

This customer behaviour is giving nigtmares to the marketers like me!
bora.nayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 21:23   #33
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I saw an advertisement in the TOI for the 1 MT ACE... the SUPER ACE.

The advertisement was informative though it did not show the SUPER ACE from front, but what surprised me is that TATA choose to highlight the TOP SPEED of 125 kmph for the SUPERACE. Now, what is TATA trying to project here?

If the advertised Top Speed is true, i am worried that the road would be more dangerous. These already stupid drivers would become F1 drivers overnight with the new ACE ,
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 20:43   #34
BHPian

Default For the first time, I have seen a super ace !

Yesterday (23 sept, 2010), I saw a super ace in bangalore. This is the first time I saw a super ace on road. Can anybody tell me when the launch was done ? Also, whether the Passenger version 'TATA VENTURE' also launched ? If so, how is the pricing ?
KMohanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2010, 11:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Seen two or three Super Aces on the road till today, one of them belonge to a reputed courier company. Even on the highway, seems to have decent diesel grunt to chug along at 60+ kph while loaded.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 16:53   #36
BHPian

Default Re: 1 ton TATA ACE

winner passenger version

Hindustan Motors launches its CNG vehicles
Attached Images

Leymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 20:25   #37
BHPian

Default Re: 1 ton TATA ACE

So the Shifeng Winner refuses to die as also the archaic BMC 1.5 liter block. By the way , what is that perforation in the sheet metal on the lower side of the vehicle - a la slave engine types as seen in big AC coaches.
SAE40 in veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2012, 21:09   #38
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leymama
Looks like the Ace Magic has another competitor in the segment that it created. A lot of these vehicles are used as "share autos", or rather "micro buses" in and around Chennai. Though they are not regulated, they do a fair job of supplementing the public transport buses and are more comfortable and safer than the three-wheeled "share autos" that spew out thick black smoke and create quite a ruckus on the roads with their single-cylinder diesel engines.

This vehicle does seem quite a bit bigger than the Ace Magic and Maxximo passenger though. And if it is powered by the old Amby diesel engine (a 1.5l four potter compared to the sub-1l two potters powering the other two) HM must have squeezed in more seats as well and would price this above the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE40 in veins
So the Shifeng Winner refuses to die as also the archaic BMC 1.5 liter block. By the way , what is that perforation in the sheet metal on the lower side of the vehicle - a la slave engine types as seen in big AC coaches.
I'm not sure, but it looks like they may have put in the perforation to provide better ventilation for the engine, which would presumably make it more comfortable (less hot) for the persons inside the vehicle.
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote