Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 26th February 2009, 13:52   #286
BHPian

Xenon looks good and a goodd step by TATA into this segment. IMO Xenon looks well balanced and better looking than the Scorpio getaway. The truck should have been made to look more Macho than in its present form.The 2.0L DI engine powering the TL 4X4 should have given as an option for cheaper options. Having only DICOR engines tells us that TATA in India wants to position Xenon as a family weekend geaway vehicle and not as a hardcore commerical carrier
cruiser_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 13:54   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Are you guys serious about buying a 5000+ MM in length vehicle and drive around city roads?
You might find it easier to drive bigger vehicles in city traffic - you actually find people making room for you.

Quote:
IMO, this vehicle makes sense ONLY as a second highway vehicle and not something to be used as a daily driver.
Dunno about the highway-only part, but yes it is a second vehicle as you may not be able to drive in it to say, a corporate gettogether (if you care about such things, that is).

I'm tempted, but I've promised myself no vehicles for 2009.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 13:56   #288
BHPian

Whats the personalization kit mentioned in the advert.
Anthym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 13:59   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Are you guys serious about buying a 5000+ MM in length vehicle and drive around city roads? IMO, this vehicle makes sense ONLY as a second highway vehicle and not something to be used as a daily driver.

But I would still be horribly jealous if I see one in the city.
The truck is not that imposing as the length sounds, the Safari gives me the shivers looking at the bulk, the open load bay sort of removes the bulk on this truck. The load bay got a big from my family..keeping my fingers crossed for 2010.
indivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 14:03   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
You might find it easier to drive bigger vehicles in city traffic - you actually find people making room for you.

Dunno about the highway-only part, but yes it is a second vehicle as you may not be able to drive in it to say, a corporate gettogether (if you care about such things, that is).

I'm tempted, but I've promised myself no vehicles for 2009.
Parking and turning radius man! The turning on the FIAT is horrendous, I shudder about such a long vehicle. And parking in Bangalore roads - lesser said, the better!

I am not writing this to demotivate this thread, I wish they had made the load bay a little shorter...a MWB Xenon would have been superb. Ah, but wishlists are just that...wishlists!
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 14:08   #291
BHPian

Personally like the overall package!! But could have been more macho as Steeroid had pointed!!! Lets see!! Guess it should be sure VFM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Something 5 door based on Xenon would have been a good offering...
i tried on paint, something like this....
@agspins: looks to me like those Stretched Ford Endeavours!!!
ram.west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 14:17   #292
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant is the word which flashes when i look at the pricing. Launched at the right segment too. And we wil be 3rd country to get this so will be great that they will have ironed out the problems if any.

The red really looks sporty. Should have a look at this vehicle.

About not being able to drive it around the city i believe in case there are so many endy's on the road even this can make place for itself too:-)

I agree that the trailer or load area is slightly long though. The front could have been a lot better. This should have been more mean looking.
The best part compared to the getaway is that rear looks great and the load area does not give the feel that your driving a truck with uneven walls on the trailer:-)
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 14:30   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
you may not be able to drive in it to say, a corporate gettogether (if you care about such things, that is).
Well, I'd say its just the vehicle to drive to a Corporate get-together but then, that's me
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 14:47   #294
Senior - BHPian

with the roof rails and lamps, this one would like a monster! killer looks, but then for the premium lifestyle customers etc. talk that Tata motors is giving, the interiors are a bit of a let down.
vineethvazhayil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 15:24   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
And we wil be 3rd country to get this so will be great that they will have ironed out the problems if any.
Any idea how the Xenon performed in Thailand amidst such competition as Toyota & Nissan?
rrsteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 15:48   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Any idea how the Xenon performed in Thailand amidst such competition as Toyota & Nissan?
Pick up /auto reviews from those countries will be a great starting point...I am sure proper reviews must have been done. Google, here we come!
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 15:55   #297
BANNED

Its just the initial euphoria, will die down pretty soon!
This look/changes would finally be incorporated into the Safari, which would certainly transform it & Im expecting such a change pretty soon.
Pick up with single cab & still lower price would appeal to those looking for practicality.
As such this vehicle is not for enthusiasts, regular drives, only suites those who have to carry additional load.
bhp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 15:56   #298
BHPian

Default Thai articles on Xenon

Thai news on Xenon not encouraging. Issue -> Tata quality

“This is the problem we are facing for producing a new model, and I admit that customers may not be happy with the quality of the product, so we need to make improvements. But improvements need time and we have talked to our suppliers and try to speed up the process in raising the production standard. Everything is improving, and we will be able to see it clearly next year,” he added

ASEAN Autobiz

2008 Bangkok International Motor Show : Tata Xenon | bkkAutos.com
rrsteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 16:01   #299
Team-BHP Support

^ Pick up with single cab & still lower price

I would like that.
Say in the 4 Lakh rupee range.

All I want are nice seats for 2, the 2.2 engine and maybe power steering.
Don't want any doors, or anything extra.
Would like a loading bay system so I can load my Bike if I want.

But since they will not make one like that, I have a project set for 2010.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 16:17   #300
Senior - BHPian

How good will be the ride comfort in this vehicle on smooth roads ?
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote