Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 18th December 2007, 11:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

dont know guys know the pied piper story, thats how this is gonna be more or less, like thousands of rats behind one huge bus or somethin .....

as for autos, they perhaps might buy a one lakh car, and remove one wheel, tinker the front a bit, and still ride it like an auto. they might even teach ratan tata how to convert his 1 lac car into a 1.5 lac auto and fiddle with the electrics and dynamics for that autoish ride
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 11:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

I hope this would be a good alternative for the Share autos that's used in places like Chennai.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 20:12   #18
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKP View Post
It will be very interesting if Auto drivers starts switching over to this. That will be surely welcomed by a lot of people in Bangalore like places.
\\hkp
atleast not in Delhi. We have CNG autos and replacing them with petrol autos will be a retro step.

That makes me think that autos may not switch to petrol as its going to be costly as compared to CNG/Diesel autos that run in our country.

It might be a different ballgame if tatas provided an LPG/CNG car, but then cost will spiral out of control. So in short, it wont be easy for autos to switch to 1 lakh car.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 20:26   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I hope this would be a good alternative for the Share autos that's used in places like Chennai.
I doubt it: unless it contains little more than a bench to pile people on top of.

Even in Chennai there is just too much room taken up by seats in a car to get so many people in.

Ahhh... of course! Take the seats out, and then pile in the people!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 20:29   #20
BHPian

Thumbs up

The positive way to look at this is, there will less Omni sales
Look at the number of city taxis that run on Omni. I would rather drive in Tata's one Lk car when compared to an Omni.
balaji_n29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 10:21   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji_n29 View Post
The positive way to look at this is, there will less Omni sales
Look at the number of city taxis that run on Omni. I would rather drive in Tata's one Lk car when compared to an Omni.
Omni sucks but is it the 1 lakh car or Tata Indiva we are talking about here..anyways wud be nice to have the new tata's as the cab replacers than the amby's running all over.. however aftermath of the nandigram/singur issues I fear whether my butt will ever be comfy in a tata automobile...
so minus goes one potential customer.
kryptik83 is offline   Reply With Quote