Mahindra 0 0%
Bajaj 0 0%
Eicher 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29th December 2004, 20:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
and ur just left wondering as to how do they manage to overtake from the outside on hairpin turns.
thats y my ambition was to become a bus driver ,whereas othets always wanted to be pilot,Dr.,engg...
evemn when i an AC bus i make it apt to be sitting besides the driver in his cokpit.
Oh so finally another guy saying he wanted to be a bus driver!! i was the only person i knew in my circle who's ambition was to be a driver!!
All my friends wanted to be a doc or engg or a pilot..
shravan316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2004, 21:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

And N_C is MAN included under Bajaj?? If yes, i expect some serious competition for Volvo.... Waiting to see what MAN dishes out! Should be interesting! Any idea abt the specs buses and trucks that they are launching guys??
shravan316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 00:09   #18
BHPian

Hey lamborghini the ans to ur question is very simple well most of the transporters have a large fleet of trucks or they have few trucks nd a low budget so if one had to buy a whole fleet of abt 50-90 volvos it would take him a lifetime to repay the loan whereas if he was to buy a tata or a leyland he would repay the loan easily sell of the old trucks nd get himself a whole new fleet all over again and he could possibly change his fleet another time in the same amount that he would spend on buying a whole fleet of volvos.
Another point is that these trucks usually meet up with an accident pretty often so then reparing a volvo would also cost a fortune whereas ny local truck machanic would repair the tata or leyland again at the fraction of a cost.
Another point is that the volvos available are Trailers nd busses nd well not all the trucks running need trailers so thats where they are at a loss for business as most transporters need lorries or tankers the only usage of trailers is in car transportation or heavy machinery or metal or gas transportation.Again its not logically nd technically profitable for a tanker owner to make a profit out of making a tralier to transport any oil products as it would be diffficult to obtain the saftey standards nd also maintain those huge trailers as they usually carry abt 18-20 tonnes of ny oil product which the Tata's nd Leyland's are brilliant in hauling all the way from kanyakumari to kashmir in one good stride.

I hope this ans ur question.Oh and another point earlier Volvo did have some kinda agreement or somethin wid Jindal Industries to rope in customers for their trailers but its seems that those who did get in on this scheme wherein theyd have constant business from Jindal Inds. were heard cribbing as they werent paid for 3-6 months after the deliveries of the goods were made so it seems they incured some extent of losses.
libre sito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 16:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

I was going to explain lamborghini's question but couldn't have done better than you.
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 23:47   #20
BHPian

no probs ur most welcome nd u don need to say thank u here amgst frnds
libre sito is offline   Reply With Quote