Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 21st January 2008, 23:19   #16
BHPian

Nano with CNG, where exactly would it fit in the size it has ?
kjdesigns_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 23:24   #17
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default If for TAXI's the Magic is a better choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Its about time that the Nano replaces the auto-rickshaw. But seeing Bajaj's display of their concept car, they are very keen on being a competitor to the Nano. I don't think they will let go of their monopoly in the auto rickshaw market. Who knows, they might even DTS-i-fy or DTS-Fi-fy the auto . Bajaj Auto RE DTS-i .
If there was ever a remote possibility of me getting into the TAXI fleet business I would rather put my money into this which I saw in the metal today while come back home from work.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-seater-3.html
rather then spending money on a puny NANO.
TAXI fellows have a fixation for steel body and bumpers.
I saw a taxi driver wearing seat belts in a taxi for the first time in my life today on AIRPORT_ SEAPORT road in Cochin. I was pleasantly surprised.

Bye and wear your seat belts.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 21st January 2008 at 23:26.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 23:51   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Its about time that the Nano replaces the auto-rickshaw. But seeing Bajaj's display of their concept car, they are very keen on being a competitor to the Nano. I don't think they will let go of their monopoly in the auto rickshaw market. Who knows, they might even DTS-i-fy or DTS-Fi-fy the auto . Bajaj Auto RE DTS-i .

how about calling the bajaj 1 lakh car the bajaj nana? with a DDT-i-can-pi-ss-nano-off engine?
hollywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 00:18   #19
BHPian

there is no way the Nano can replace the autorickshaw.
The nano will not be able to withstand the rough use the autowallas will put them through..
also can the nano be as manuverable as an autorickshaw and be able to go anywhere like the auto..
speed_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 01:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Will these NANOs be as durable as say an Ambassador taxi ?
Who cares? At least the taxi wallahs will drive sensibly enough to avoid kissing our cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
NANOs should replace AUTOs! Anytime better than the Auto which seems capable of moving in all directions other than vertical!

Don't think nano's can serve as regular taxis. Atleast in most places, people hire taxis from purposes other than city run (airport run, long- distance trips, marriages etc)
where there is a will there is a way. wait till u see the luggage loaded on the roof of a nano!!
kryptik83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

personally i feel nano will be more economic than the tradisional fiat and ambassador anyway,but i would like to see nano replace the auto,if it does we might have more comfortable traffic(as they wont be able to manuver it like an auto)
and also the passenger safety is higher as its closed as well as the 4 wheels make it a stable vehicle
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:38   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
and also the passenger safety is higher as its closed as well as the 4 wheels make it a stable vehicle

good point to bring up AMATMO, autos in calcutta pick up 4 to 6 (all adults) passengers
kryptik83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 16:49   #23
BHPian

They day might soon come when taxis are replaced with Nano's and Lite's(Baja Concept car ,rumoured to be less than 1 lakh cost).I don't mind the taxis that much,but if they replaced rickshaws with these cars it would be a dream come true for many a Mumbaikar.
katalysm76 is offline   Reply With Quote