Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 15th April 2008, 11:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

Ooops that was close!!!

Something similar happened with me when i was on my way to Mangalore, not very far from Nelamagala lots of truck were piled up on that road(thanks to 4laning work) .. i was overtaking a lorry, when suddenly he changes lane and comes to right.i honked crazily...guess missed by inches... later i kept myself in left lane as thier was too much lorry traffic...another guy who was on the right lane thought he will switch to left not even bothered to see if someone was their, this made me get off the road...

guess that particular day my horns were used extensively and also learnt that they were not very effective
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 11:54   #32

this is a common phenomenon on Indian roads chevy lover. its happened to me as wel only thing is that i was doing around 8--90 on my 800, which has the least powerful brakes around, so you can imagine the spot i was in anyways, i have learnt a lesson and always keep a safe distance behind all vehicles, especially when doing high speeds! i refuse to let good highways lull me into a false sense of security. And truckers are the worst guys on the road, for sure!
arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 12:56   #33

Yesterday one of the 'mazdoor' trucks laden with bricks overturned while overtaking a cycle wala, and crushed the cycle also. It happened near my house, I wasn't there when it happened, but when I was passing by the spot 15 - 20 minutes later, i saw the cycle totally crushed into scrap metal, hope the cyclist survived. The truck was on its side as well, with its load strewn all over the road.

seeriously these 'mazdoor' trucks sometimes really get on my nerves, but i can't do anything with my 'chota bachha'
krazydriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 12:06   #34

Agree. Truck drivers are well behaved in Highways.
Except few (There are exceptions to everything)
  • They give way to you as they are slow moving
  • They dim their lights in the night
  • They do not try to overtake if you are coming opp.
  • They do not try to overtake the vehicle infront of you if you are over taking them
I found the cabs/taxis and small LCVs are the bad guys on the highway.
Other important ones are private Bus drivers (sometimes Govt Bus drivers too)
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote