Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2007, 19:48   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,648
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitkalindi View Post
And hope for the best.
that was funny!!
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:46   #32
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,316
Thanked: 22,073 Times
Default

Unloading excavator, truck wheelie -

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 19:20   #33
BHPian
 
v1kram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Coimbatore /YEG
Posts: 452
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Really nice one, didnt guess it will be so simple in the end.
v1kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 21:45   #34
BHPian
 
turbolader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: andheri
Posts: 139
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Insane stuff, just goes to show there is no safety standards set for the desingning of CV compartments in our country.

Last edited by turbolader : 3rd October 2007 at 21:49.
turbolader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 12:16   #35
Ram
Senior - BHPian
 
Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore, Mumbai, Nagpur
Posts: 2,164
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Aeroplane in the gutter

A perfectly good aircraft (Sep. 1991 model 37-seater) destroyed for the silliest of reasons.
  • Destroyed because, after an aeroplane has taken such a bad banging, its airworthiness certificate (official permission to fly) is cancelled !
  • Silly reason because the airport ground staff forgot to engage the equivalent of parking brakes.


This Saab 340B aircraft owned by Northwest Airlink Airlines was parked without chocks. A strong breeze blew the aircraft to the present predicament into an open drainage ditch.

This happened at Memphis International Airport, Memphis, Tennessee, USA on 22nd August 2000.
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 16:57   #36
rks
BANNED
 
rks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ??
Posts: 1,237
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
A perfectly good aircraft (Sep. 1991 model 37-seater) destroyed for the silliest of reasons.
  • Destroyed because, after an aeroplane has taken such a bad banging, its airworthiness certificate (official permission to fly) is cancelled !
  • Silly reason because the airport ground staff forgot to engage the equivalent of parking brakes.
When you say "silliest of reasons" do you imply that the airworhiness certificate should not have been cancelled? There may have been doubts about the aircraft's structural integrity, considering that the structure takes enormous stresses. They probably couldn't afford to take the risk of the aircraft breaking up while in flight.
rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 21:06   #37
Ram
Senior - BHPian
 
Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore, Mumbai, Nagpur
Posts: 2,164
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
[/list]When you say "silliest of reasons" do you imply that the airworhiness certificate should not have been cancelled?
No. I imply that the aircraft should have been kept safe by chocking the wheels properly and locking the control surfaces so that it didn't generate lift, when a gust of wind hit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
There may have been doubts about the aircraft's structural integrity, considering that the structure takes enormous stresses. They probably couldn't afford to take the risk of the aircraft breaking up while in flight.
That is a no brainer, obvious to every aircraft buff like us.
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 21:21   #38
BHPian
 
sreenivass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore India
Posts: 872
Thanked: 6 Times
Default funniest pix

thanks for some of the funniest pix I have seen. My pick is the Aircraft ready to gallop, probably they poured rum in the fuel tank
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 21:15   #39
Ram
Senior - BHPian
 
Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore, Mumbai, Nagpur
Posts: 2,164
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Volvo B7R in a tight mess

Can anybody guess how this Volvo B7R got into this mess?


Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 14:58   #40
BHPian
 
TrueDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 273
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Shows how safe Volvos are when compared to other buses
TrueDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 23:57   #41
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 1,471
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Since Tata Nano is rear-engined, can we see Nano wheelie pics here ?
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 15:26   #42
Ram
Senior - BHPian
 
Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore, Mumbai, Nagpur
Posts: 2,164
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Maruti 800 Shirsh-aasana

How do you suppose, did they get their Maruti 800, to do a shirshaasana?

Name:  Suzuki800shirshasana.jpg
Views: 4041
Size:  56.2 KB
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2008, 19:36   #43
BHPian
 
rohan_fonseca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Panaji
Posts: 984
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Brake upgrades! Brembos upfront stock drums in the rear
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2008, 19:40   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 449
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
How do you suppose, did they get their Maruti 800, to do a shirshaasana?

Doesn't look like a M800 to me. Guess should have been pushed into this state by a tornado !!
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2008, 22:13   #45
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,316
Thanked: 22,073 Times
Default

Check this video out, quite crazy, and im quite suprised that there arent any special/different rules for wheelstand contests regarding the safety of the viewers in the stands.



cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4 Red Liner 4x4 Excursions 123 15th March 2009 09:41
Driving Grand Vitara on Snow...(pics&vids) AMAN_SACHDEV Travelogues 29 30th October 2008 23:29
Post your bike stunt pics and vids here!!! satya180 Motorbikes 47 25th April 2008 19:23
Mustang Wheelies!!! karthik247 Modifications & Accessories 5 28th May 2005 20:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:55.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks