Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2008, 20:52   #46
BHPian
 
midlifecrisis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 121
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

I've seen a guy doing wheelies on smaller excavators. Seriously. This teen in a lot under construction was doing wheelies in a tiny excavator while his kid brother stood by laughing. I think its got something to do with positioning the arm & bucket thingy.
midlifecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 21:30   #47
Ram
Senior - BHPian
 
Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore, Mumbai, Nagpur
Posts: 2,164
Thanked: 137 Times
Default

Mad love for excess power, applied all too fast
and wide tires and special suspension notwithstanding
the car is totalled!

At Le Mans in June 1955, Pierre Levegh lost control of his F1 Mercedes W196-300 SLR car.
The car somersaulted, and parts of the car spun away from the car.
The bonnet and front axle separated from the frame and landed in the crowd.
The car's heavy engine block also broke free and slammed into the crowd.
Levegh himself, was thrown free of the somersaulting car.
He landed on his head, fatally crushing his skull.
Then the fuel tank ruptured and the magnesium-alloy "Elektron" body of the Mercedes burst into white hot flames, sending intensely burning fragments onto the track and into the crowd. The rescue team used water on the magnesium-alloy fire, which only intensified the inferno. The car burned for several hours. 82 spectators were killed on the spot either by flying parts or from the fire. 9 more died in hospital and 140 were injured.

Mercedes withdrew from racing for forty years.

[See it all at http://www.germaris.com/le_mans.html]

-- x -- x -- x --

More recently, last summer -- June 2007, six spectators were killed and twenty-two injured at the annual "Cars for Kids" charity street-drag race in Selmer, Tennessee, USA.

Australian driver 37-year old Troy Critchley was doing an exhibition-burnout routine on his Corvette drag racer in front of a drive-in restaurant, when it ploughed into the audience, killing six children and seriously injuring 22 others.

Ofcourse, there were no guardrails and the car sent bodies flying in the air.
Criminal charges have been filed against Mr. Critchley, three days ago.
Six counts of vehicular homicide due to recklessness and 22 counts of reckless aggravated assault. He posted a $35,000 bond and surrendered his passport. He will go to jail and his career is over.
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 23:51   #48
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,220
Thanked: 21,815 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
I've seen a guy doing wheelies on smaller excavators. Seriously. This teen in a lot under construction was doing wheelies in a tiny excavator while his kid brother stood by laughing. I think its got something to do with positioning the arm & bucket thingy.
Yup, and also heres another one, but they do the wheelie in order to load the excavator into the truck!!



cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 01:06   #49
nbr
BHPian
 
nbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MANGALORE/BALEHONNUR/DUBAI
Posts: 438
Thanked: 47 Times
Cool Truck wheelie in Mangalore

What a wheelie!!!

The driver might have seen stars

Name:  tipper1.jpg
Views: 4616
Size:  223.8 KB
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 01:18   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
simply_sunny001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London & Rohtak
Posts: 1,339
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

thats total crazy stuff.

driver surely must have gone nuts as nobody expects wheelie on a truck much.
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 05:36   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
snaronikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,845
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Super pic. The driver is really crazy. How did you get this? How did the driver get down from there?
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 06:25   #52
BHPian
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 132
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

I think the hydraulics of the trailer lift malfunctioned and seized. The weight of the load must have pulled it up like that.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 07:14   #53
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,270
Thanked: 3,600 Times
Default

Note existing thread on topic :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-wheelers.html

Mods, pls merge

Note from Mod : Thanks again Condor. Threads merged.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th May 2008 at 07:56.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 15:29   #54
nbr
BHPian
 
nbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MANGALORE/BALEHONNUR/DUBAI
Posts: 438
Thanked: 47 Times
Cool Mangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Super pic. The driver is really crazy. How did you get this? How did the driver get down from there?
This was frwded to me from Mangalore. This tipper had come for some road repair.cheers:
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 13:59   #55
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,509
Thanked: 5,739 Times
Default pics:AUTO wheelie !!

My friend just sent me these pics and i found it funny

don't know how this happened.. but..

cheers !!
Attached Images
  

Last edited by manishasrani : 12th June 2008 at 14:02.
manishasrani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 22:34   #56
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,549
Thanked: 10,446 Times
Default Wheelies are fun

Found this tractor doing a wheelie, and thought the Alto belonged to the driver.

Please post your own funny pics collection.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics & Vids: Wheelies on trucks and other non-two wheelers!-dsc01212.jpg  

Pics & Vids: Wheelies on trucks and other non-two wheelers!-dsc01220.jpg  

SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 01:24   #57
BHPian
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 975
Thanked: 1,193 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Mad love for excess power, applied all too fast
and wide tires and special suspension notwithstanding
the car is totalled!

At Le Mans in June 1955, Pierre Levegh lost control of his F1 Mercedes W196-300 SLR car.
The car somersaulted, and parts of the car spun away from the car.
The bonnet and front axle separated from the frame and landed in the crowd.
The car's heavy engine block also broke free and slammed into the crowd.
Levegh himself, was thrown free of the somersaulting car.
He landed on his head, fatally crushing his skull.
Then the fuel tank ruptured and the magnesium-alloy "Elektron" body of the Mercedes burst into white hot flames, sending intensely burning fragments onto the track and into the crowd. The rescue team used water on the magnesium-alloy fire, which only intensified the inferno. The car burned for several hours. 82 spectators were killed on the spot either by flying parts or from the fire. 9 more died in hospital and 140 were injured.

Mercedes withdrew from racing for forty years.

[See it all at http://www.germaris.com/le_mans.html]

-- x -- x -- x --

More recently, last summer -- June 2007, six spectators were killed and twenty-two injured at the annual "Cars for Kids" charity street-drag race in Selmer, Tennessee, USA.

Australian driver 37-year old Troy Critchley was doing an exhibition-burnout routine on his Corvette drag racer in front of a drive-in restaurant, when it ploughed into the audience, killing six children and seriously injuring 22 others.

Ofcourse, there were no guardrails and the car sent bodies flying in the air.
Criminal charges have been filed against Mr. Critchley, three days ago.
Six counts of vehicular homicide due to recklessness and 22 counts of reckless aggravated assault. He posted a $35,000 bond and surrendered his passport. He will go to jail and his career is over.
That is very very sad to hear. About Critchley as well I saw the video on youtube its in no way his fault. Motorsports are dangerous for the spectators and the drivers as well.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 10:47   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
hellstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Here is a three wheeler doing a wheelie with all three wheels in the air , cause :- overload + stupid driver

Name:  P1030605 Medium.JPG
Views: 9544
Size:  130.8 KB

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th April 2009 at 12:20. Reason: Moved to appropriate thread.
hellstar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 17:34   #59
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,509
Thanked: 5,739 Times
Default

Here is another pic from my side.
Attached Images
 
manishasrani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:26   #60
BHPian
 
Mr.Bangalore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 358
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Weired style of driving

My contribution for the thread.



Last edited by Rehaan : 4th June 2010 at 18:10. Reason: Splitting post to 2 relevant threads.
Mr.Bangalore is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4 Red Liner 4x4 Excursions 123 15th March 2009 09:41
Driving Grand Vitara on Snow...(pics&vids) AMAN_SACHDEV Travelogues 29 30th October 2008 23:29
Post your bike stunt pics and vids here!!! satya180 Motorbikes 47 25th April 2008 19:23
Mustang Wheelies!!! karthik247 Modifications & Accessories 5 28th May 2005 20:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:11.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks