Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 29th November 2016, 14:22   #3736
BHPian

Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

My flight reaches Coimbatore at around 8.50 am. Looking for a Volvo/Scania Bus to travel to Thrissur. What are the options available ?
autotranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 15:46   #3737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
My flight reaches Coimbatore at around 8.50 am. Looking for a Volvo/Scania Bus to travel to Thrissur. What are the options available ?
Only one. Around 11am - Kallada Travels from Coimbatore bypass. No other options. There is more Kallada after 1.30pm.
binaiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 16:20   #3738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Only one. Around 11am - Kallada Travels from Coimbatore bypass. No other options. There is more Kallada after 1.30pm.
Option #2 - get a Zoomcar.

https://www.zoomcar.com/coimbatore/
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 17:19   #3739
ike
BHPian

Quote:
There are many KSRTC Fast passenger and superfast services if you are not very particular about volvo/Sania
ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 14:30   #3740
BHPian

Quote:
There used to be an operator Supaa Travels wihch ran AC buses (not Volvo or Scania though) from Coimbatore to Ernakulam. They used to have a bus starting from Coimbator around 1 PM. They may be still around. They are one of the oldest operators on the Coimbatore Ernakulam route I think from 1990 or even earlier.
TKMCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 15:05   #3741
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
There used to be an operator Supaa Travels wihch ran AC buses (not Volvo or Scania though) from Coimbatore to Ernakulam. They used to have a bus starting from Coimbator around 1 PM. They may be still around. They are one of the oldest operators on the Coimbatore Ernakulam route I think from 1990 or even earlier.
Supaa still operates a number of buses, both in the day and night, from CBE - Kochi and back. These are Ashok Leyland AC buses; my wife took one a few months back and was a comfy ride. You can find them listed on Redbus or their website
aroonanand is offline   Reply With Quote