Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 12th September 2017, 22:04   #3871
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Apart from this, was a pleasant ride and yet another good experience with KaSRTC's premium service. Departed on time and for a change, the driving was unlike the typical slow KaSRTC driving. I was exhausted and slept well, but from the timing looks like the guy was doing extremely good speeds. Departed Thrissur at 2140, picked a couple of folks from somewhere near Palakkad at 2300 and we crossed Hosur by 0500 AM. So this is some fast driving. There was a bad jam at Attibele and was dropped off at Silk Board by 6 AM.
I traveled in the same service the weekend before this (on September 3rd). On that day, the bus departed from Thrissur on time. We lost quite some time before reaching Palakkad. The crew lugged the bus most of the time, and they decided to even take a tea break at Krishnagiri

We finally landed up at Majestic only at 0650! Almost 9 hours for the ride. That was my worst on this service.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2017, 16:01   #3872
BHPian

Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis2249696 View Post
Diesel in the air!
I was traveling to Hyderabad from Bengaluru in an M/s Orange Tours & Travels' bus (Volvo A/C - Multi Axle Semi sleeper) booked it through redBus (based on "highest rating") and just after few minutes of drive, I and my fellow travelers smelled diesel in the cabin. We made the driver stop the bus and check for any leakages. He was hesitant, but we insisted... he quickly got down, checked and said there was no problem.
Wow. Orange charges a premium for their service, and in return, passenger are subjected to this!

Did you get any refund from Redbus?
abhishek46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 20:09   #3873
BHPian

Travelled in Orange travels from Trivandrum to Banglore last thursday. My boarding point was Music college jn, TVM and bus arrived in the location before scheduled time. A clean blanket, neatly folded inside a plastic cover, was placed on the seat. There was also a small snack box with some snacks (i didnt open it) and a 500ml water bottle. Bus started exactly on scheduled time at 8 30pm. Picked up passengers from Balaramapuram, Nagarkovil etc. There was no rash driving and very low use of horn. We reached Krishnagiri toll gate at 630 am. Electronic city at 745 and Madiwala at 7 55am, 5 minutes before scheduled time. All together a good service.
ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote