Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 27th July 2007, 22:24   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
was driving to Blore the other day - and this moron came out of AL - without looking straigt to the middle of the road -on a two wheeler - man, i slammed on the brakes and managed to brake before i hit him - was fuming- tried to pull him over -but he just kept riding at 30kmph... man - AL needs to tell twho wheelers how to get onto the highway!
I have had the worst experiences with the AL morons in Hosur, all of them. It came to a stage when one day i decided to call on the Al chief there to appraise him of the situation on the roads & how much trouble it is causing the general public. 5 days after that i saw some marshalls being employed to regulate traffic during those 'rush' hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
if it were 4:30- 5.. there are AL security on the road regulating traffic.
it is possible that time you might have missed the security guy.

if it were some other time oops sorry. TN naaa... they cross the roads without looking. Learnt it the hard way.

beacuse most of them live in hosur, they have to cross the road @ 4:30.
and AL doesn't give company transport, it just gives loans to buy 2 wheelers.

to AL has around maybe 300+ bikes all.. All getting out @ sharp 4:30

trust me, those AL guys can be more irritating & stupid than your local auto guy & please do not blame TN, AL is right on the border & it is the same in every part of the country especially if there was a company like AL. Compared to them, the Indian Railways guys are far better.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 23:31   #47
Senior - BHPian

I've seen this maniac driving from Volvo bus drivers before. They have this aura of invincibility about them when they go about terrorising smaller vehicles on the road.

On several occassions I have felt the urge to stop the bus and beat up the driver. They're dangerous and they should be outlawed.

Pity - we as a people cannot seem to enjoy development responsibly. Or we end up giving Power without responsibility or training.

WE DESERVE AMBASSADORS AND SLOW MOVING TATA/LEYLAND BUSES.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2007, 00:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
On several occassions I have felt the urge to stop the bus and beat up the driver. They're dangerous and they should be outlawed.
There's some story to this effect in the archives.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2007, 15:00   #49
BHPian

Quote:
WE DESERVE AMBASSADORS AND SLOW MOVING TATA/LEYLAND BUSES
Yes, and make them too expensive and difficult to get as well.

Not only buses/autos/tipper trucks. Private cars are no less dangerous. I think it is the combination of lack of rules, lack of awareness of (whatever existing) rules, lack of enforcement, and ease of getting out.

Looking at the people evading injury and death by thin margins, I think the guardian angels are having a very tough time.
DileepKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 21:49   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I have had the worst experiences with the AL morons in Hosur, all of them. It came to a stage when one day i decided to call on the Al chief there to appraise him of the situation on the roads & how much trouble it is causing the general public. 5 days after that i saw some marshalls being employed to regulate traffic during those 'rush' hours.

trust me, those AL guys can be more irritating & stupid than your local auto guy & please do not blame TN, AL is right on the border & it is the same in every part of the country especially if there was a company like AL. Compared to them, the Indian Railways guys are far better.
OOps.. I dunno why i always end up defending AL

Sorry for putting TN in.. But driving through 3 states, KL, TN, KA.. i found that the traffic sense is comparitievely lesser in TN. My perspective.
And my only accident was in TN because of a guy not looking while crossing.

THere are only accusations in the post. Can you elaborate on why AL guys are moronic??

THe problem with AL is two fold. First there are these guys who are coming wrongside along the checkpost.
Seccond there are guys from AL who want to cross the GQ to go to the
Hosur side.

So if a guy gets out from AL (ideally)@ 4:30 he looks towards the chennai side making sure that the traffic is clear and proceeds to cross the road. But there are guys who are coming on the wrong side from Bangalore (because of the checkpost congestion). The accidents in front of AL are mostly because of the wrong side guys touching the AL guys.

Me thinks if the checkpost issue is solved. AL traffic will be much easier.
I don't think AL guys drive more moronic than any other regular company.

Coming from a regular AL moron
Jomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 22:02   #51
Senior - BHPian

At the ring of the bell, some 300 mopeds/morons (they should be called that for their callous attitude) rush out of the AL site & head straight in the wrong side towards the TN side of the check post where there is a gap in the median. All hell breaks loose at that moment. Anyone caught in the melee just has to hope & pray that the swarm of bees do not harm them.

The average chennaiite might have a little lesser traffic sense than a mumbaiite, but this is a highway & this particular phenomenon is related to AL only. I do hope it has changed now.

Coming from a regular TN moron.
Old 29th July 2007, 22:27   #52
BHPian

Default had a close encounter too

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
GTO, what has castration got to do with this?
A little less testosterone will slow them down a bit . I my self had brush with Volvo on my way to Vijayawada from Hyderabad. There was a long line of trucks and Volvos towards Hyderabad about 11:00 A.M. One SoB decided to pass buses and trucks ahead of him, despite flashing and honking he continued to accelerate dangerously towards me. I had no choice but to get off the road and let the idiot go. I had to get off the road at 80+ KMPH, imagine the scare.

I think castration of such jokers will definitely help.

Last edited by sreenivass : 29th July 2007 at 22:28.
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 01:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

Volvo's yes something really needs to be done,the buses are too powerful and the drivers ________ [cant put it in words].

Yesterday was my first bad experience with the volvo on the highway.There was this maniacal driver in a volvo ahead of me on the pune-bangalore highway.He was endangering every one on the road by swerving dangerously from one lane to the other and not caring for vehicles while changing lanes.He almost crashed into a qualis,indigo and a palio.He just did not want anybody to overtake him and tried blocking all overtaking maneuvers by anybody.Somehow the qualis was able to find a gap and the other cars squeezed in the gap as well and overtook the bus.

Now it was my turn in my humble matiz which is no match for the volvo.So I decided not to try and overtake but the volvo driver moved to the left lane and slowed down a bit,so I though he finally got his senses back and was letting me overtake,but halfway into the overtaking maneuver I was in for a surprise,the volvo guy just accelerated again leaving me stranded behind, then things got a little dangerous this guy kept forcing me to overtake him from a lane which had a vehicle at some distance ahead and then he accelerated while I was attempting to overtake due to which I was forced to go towards the vehicle ahead in my lane and having to brake hard to avoid a crash.The volvo driver did this for 2-3 more times and I was really pissed and scared but helpless since i could not do anything with a matiz compared to the gigantic volvo.

Then as luck would have it found two trucks ahead with one trying to overtake the other,some how I managed to squeeze ahead of the trucks,before the first truck could try and overtake the second.After this the truck came on to the right most lane leaving the volvo behind the two trucks.Realized this was the only time I could get back at the volvo and braked slowly till I was at about 30 kmph[no this was not a sudden fall I gradually reduced my speed so the trucker behind me had sufficient time to react].Now two trucks were trying occupying the road each at 30 kmph,blocking the volvo guy.Did this for about 5 minutes with both truckers still going on side by side wondering what I was doing.

I feel sorry that I had to trouble the truckers and a few people behind the jam I was causing but this volvo driver was trying to kill me and the only way I could teach a lesson was by hurting him the most where it matters, by delaying him as much as I could.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 09:45   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
At the ring of the bell, some 300 mopeds/morons (they should be called that for their callous attitude) rush out of the AL site & head straight in the wrong side towards the TN side of the check post where there is a gap in the median. All hell breaks loose at that moment. Anyone caught in the melee just has to hope & pray that the swarm of bees do not harm them.

The average chennaiite might have a little lesser traffic sense than a mumbaiite, but this is a highway & this particular phenomenon is related to AL only. I do hope it has changed now.

Coming from a regular TN moron.
It is changed a bit now... Now at the ring of the bell 300 mopeds.. jump out of AL and cross the road with the assistance of AL security and go towards the TN side of the checkpost on the right side of the highway.

AL security acts as a sort of Traffic police, Stops AL mopeds for sometime,Stops traffic on the highway for sometime. Keep aatch for vehicles coming on the wrong side from KA.

I agree anything which gets in the melee is going to have tough time for the next 7 kms, till the swarm disperses. and if you touch one of those bees. the swarm will concentrate on you.

the problems currently are

1, While crossing the road need to check for guys coming on the wrong side of the highway from the KA part of checkpost.

2, Highway Guys not noticing the security, because they too have blue uniforms which sort of merges with the Blue AL swarm.
Jomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 09:50   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Very unfortunate story.

Ajmat, were you on state government transport, or private transport?
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 20:41   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Very unfortunate story.

Ajmat, were you on state government transport, or private transport?
Private - curiously, the state transport Volvo's are well kept nd driven
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 22:55   #57
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think there is only one punishment for such bozos - Castration and then a tortured capital punishment. Hearing these stories gets my blood boiling...

GTO
Hear hear!!
fiery enzyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 00:55   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Private - curiously, the state transport Volvo's are well kept nd driven
And they do not take this route either.
Old 31st July 2007, 11:07   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennarbank View Post
Yesterday i just left my son in the school and was just walking back home. Wihin 10 meters from the school i noticeda guy in his santro was talking in the phone and driving fast [ around 50Kmpk] at the sametime. I flagged him down and nearly shouted at him saying that this is school zone and he needs to slow down and also he should not talk in mobile and drive. He accepted his fault and went. But when i told to my friends about this incident one of them told me that i may not have right to do what i have done as mentioned above. Please clarify whether i can do that legally.
IMHO - as a citizen - you have the right to make this country better. It is your taxes that is building this road - and it is against the law to be talking on the phone and driving. If i remember correctly- there is a "citizens arrest" section in the IPC ( Please correct me if i am wrong).

I think you did the right thing.
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 18:09   #60
Senior - BHPian

I think its not only volvos, i have noticed all the private buses, which includes all "katara"(badly maintained) buses driven very dangerously. the buses heading to Kolar, Hosur etc and unfortunately always the cops have done nothing.

Speaking about rash driving, i see every morning the school buses which comes to pick the kids from my layout, is driven crazly. few times i have blasted the drivers but for no use. the road is hardly 50ft wide and these buses rush through it not caring for the kids which its carrying and aswel to the oncoming traffic.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote