Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 29th May 2010, 14:26   #61
BHPian

Ok, I dont have the spring brake on my trailer. I wonder why? Could have been cause the trailer was modified by the previous user (you will be able to know when I post pics of the trailer in the form it was bought).

Do you think there is a way we can source the spring brake system?

The trailer when bought did not have the tail lamps but has now been modified to have bolero tail lamps. The body was entirely chooped off the chassis - shortened and then redone.

Its hooked onto a pental hook attached to bolero.

Give me until tomorrow and I will post the pics for better understanding.
AslamHussain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 16:31   #62
Senior - BHPian

@ AslamHussain,

I think you are talking about the trailers of this model below:
Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-triler-007.jpg

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-triler-009.jpg

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-triler-010.jpg

These are not modified but the model spec itself like that, it was older model Mahindra Trailers without spring brake system(may be that of Dunlop corroboration one)

Also I don't I can suggest you for the modification as it will complicate the entire design and the chassis too
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 19:41   #63
BHPian

No this also does not look like the trailer i got. I have posted pics of my trailer here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ase-1-a-3.html (Experience of buying a used Bolero. And modifications Phase 1)

Although they are pics taken do not show the entire trailer, I think you can still make out.

Any idea on the sourcing of the spring breaks?
AslamHussain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 13:04   #64
Senior - BHPian

I'm afraid if I can mention this as you have almost completed the trailer modification.

The trailers are produced after obtaining NOC or clearance or approval from RTO, if you actually look at the local Tractor trailer manufactures each one will have a set of 3-4 models under their work shop. The reason they obtain approval from the RTO on their blue prints and keep duplicating the same design to all the customers.

While I was converting my trailers rear wall to gate setup, I didn't change any dimension of the trailer but added a hinge and load carrying capacity also unchanged.

Please note that running standard trailers itself can make life horrible if you have to answer the RTO check on the road considering most of the trailers run without registration or endorsement (not mine, I got it registered). You purposefully made good looking trailer may grab attention of the RTO and pull you into trouble that too with your balero or scorpio suv.

The best thing is to take all the measurement and approach your local RTO and try to get approval on the blue print (here in my home town the trailer company guys told me that have to pay 30K for getting approval of one blue print), may be that will put you in safe place(the amount mentioned may change place to place and person to person)
Old 1st September 2010, 17:22   #65
BHPian

Hi Everybody,

I would appreciate anyone who could help me identify this Jeep trailer in the pic, I have been told its from the Indian Army.. Please mention info on make/model. Thank you.

Chengappa.
Attached Thumbnails
Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-dsc03650.jpg  

Timson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2010, 01:37   #66
Senior - BHPian

This is a new hitch provided by a company called williams innovation in north carolina. Have a look as this product does not need 2 people to guide a trailer hitching process.

maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 12:32   #67

Default Re: Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India

Hello everyone,

I have bought an army trailer some days ago and want to know where i can find the stand to make it park (right now the hook is on the ground) and what is the purpose of the round thing on the left back side of the trailer? Right now the left mudguard and toolbox is also missing. I have heard that these trailer were used to carry genators for army so is it true? Also please let me know by looking at the photos of my trailer if anything else is also missing on the hook section or the whole trailing arm.
Attached Thumbnails
Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-img02291201307081157.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-img02292201307081158.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-img02293201307081158.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-img02294201307081304.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-img02304201307181326.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-img02305201307181326.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-img02306201307181326.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-img02307201307181326.jpg  

Coby537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 13:46   #68
Senior - BHPian

A MM 550 trailer in very good condition is available in Mayapuri for Rs. 28,000. Saw it there about a month ago, in case anyone is interested.

I am in two minds about buying it myself and restoring it a bit. But these days it there any use ?
desertfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 23:37   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby537 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have bought an army trailer some days ago and want to know where i can find the stand to make it park (right now the hook is on the ground) and what is the purpose of the round thing on the left back side of the trailer? Right now the left mudguard and toolbox is also missing. I have heard that these trailer were used to carry genators for army so is it true? Also please let me know by looking at the photos of my trailer if anything else is also missing on the hook section or the whole trailing arm.
@Coby537

You can find the foot stand under the lunette ring setup, the round part you mentioned is a leveling stand holder. I feel all accessories are intact except for few parking brake links.

Chengappa.
Timson is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 01:12   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timson View Post
@Coby537

You can find the foot stand under the lunette ring setup, the round part you mentioned is a leveling stand holder. I feel all accessories are intact except for few parking brake links.

Chengappa.
Thank you Timson. I also need to know where i can find the parking stand for the front side. I dont have one for the rear as well. I have asked a friend in delhi to find a toolbox for the rear right side.
Coby537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 11:50   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Timson. I also need to know where i can find the parking stand for the front side. I dont have one for the rear as well. I have asked a friend in delhi to find a toolbox for the rear right side.
  1. You should make one with your local fabricator, just needs the correct dia pipe (I guess 2 inch)
  2. Search in your nearby army scrap yard
Old 8th February 2014, 20:35   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

@Coby537 & @trammway

I require few 1/2 Ton and 1 Ton Ex-Army trailers. It would be nice if you could help me procure these.

Chengappa.
Timson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 17:35   #73
BHPian

Question Re: Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India

Need help on buying trailer for Jeep.
Any idea where we can buy second hand trailer for Jeep in Mumbai or Konkan?

One of my friends wants trailer to use in village and his farm. He will be using this with his Thar.
Please also suggest where we can enquire for new trailer.

Regards,
Sameer.
sameervg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 14:32   #74
BHPian

Default My 1951 Bantam Trailer

Hi,

I picked up this trailer from an army auction. There were two of them.

I bought this since it was almost 90% complete. Will start the restoration in a few days. I request fellow bhpians esp. UBS sir to help me identify the correct model, so that i can restore it to the original specifications.

I have the combat rims. Missing parts are the support leg and reflectors.

regards
Attached Thumbnails
Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-imag0145.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-imag0146.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-imag0147.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-imag0148.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 28th June 2014 at 16:11. Reason: PM coming up
sammyaulakh is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2014, 01:32   #75
BHPian

Sammy,
I have a trailer from the same lot, a 51' although it's in a rotten condition now. The tag plates on my trailer say Stuart, which was one of the few companies along with Bantam that made the trailers to military specifications. It's a M110, so I guess yours should be the same too.
Regards,
Bikram Sandhu
Brutus is offline   Reply With Quote