Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 29th June 2014, 10:16   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India

How difficult is it to add such a spring brake to the trailer? Also will the cost justify the increased braking response? Has anyone driven trailers without any of such braking mechanisms? How difficult is stooping the jeep in that case?
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2014, 23:24   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyaulakh View Post
Hi,

I picked up this trailer from an army auction. There were two of them.

I have the combat rims. Missing parts are the support leg and reflectors.

regards
You could think of M100 specification of T3-C model.
Here is the page that could help you identify the trailer: http://bantamt3c.com/bantamid.htm

Not sure if the serial numbers that are exported out of US match to the table, buy try it: http://bantamt3c.com/bantamdatabase.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
How difficult is it to add such a spring brake to the trailer? Also will the cost justify the increased braking response? Has anyone driven trailers without any of such braking mechanisms? How difficult is stooping the jeep in that case?
I have driving with and without the brakes now, the brake is basically used avoid damages to the K member of the chassis. When you are in a slow speed and empty tub there is no difference.

I have felt the difference with my trailer when loaded with goods and whenever the brake applied it reduces the force passed to the K member thus less banging noise and impact to the jeep.
trammway is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 21:10   #78
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Is it legal to fabricate and use your own trailer? I have seen many trailers made by cutting the rear half of a Matador Chassis. Most of them are used to mount generators.

Meanwhile here are some pictures of better looking trailers.
Attached Thumbnails
Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-3530968881_1a5277c500_b.jpg  

Attached Images

pedrolourenco is offline   Reply With Quote