Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 15th June 2009, 08:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
it was exported and it was called telcoline i guess. Strange! it had a peugeot engine in some.

Tata Telcoline 2.0 TD 4x4

There was never a Peugeot engine in the Telcoline [TL]. There news of TATA trying to plonk in petrol engine,for the all the export models but that never materialized.And TATA developed the 2.1L petrol based on the old diesel block for the safari.

@Ignazio , any new mods on the truck?

Last edited by dinar : 15th June 2009 at 08:45.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 17:44   #17
BHPian

O.T.
@Dinar, just few, I've been very busy with my work in the last 6 months and still I am...
Also I had to repair few things before apply mods. I had to replace all the front suspensions silentblock and bushes, engine supports and few bits and pieces.
I've got 4 HD shocks, IFS A arm ball joints flip, a new FFE and I extend the 4 vents of axles, gearbox and transfer case with 8 mm pipe under the bonnet, to avoid water, mud and dust getting in. I also build a box for the cargo bay. This is about it for now.
Stay tuned!

Ciao

Ignazio
Ignazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 19:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignazio View Post
O.T.
@Dinar, just few, I've been very busy with my work in the last 6 months and still I am...
Also I had to repair few things before apply mods. I had to replace all the front suspensions silentblock and bushes, engine supports and few bits and pieces.
I've got 4 HD shocks, IFS A arm ball joints flip, a new FFE and I extend the 4 vents of axles, gearbox and transfer case with 8 mm pipe under the bonnet, to avoid water, mud and dust getting in. I also build a box for the cargo bay. This is about it for now.
Stay tuned!

Ciao

Ignazio
You have to post a video of the truck with the FFE and all the mods buddy.

Hey rallystar, what happned no psots /reply for all the suggestions? What are you doing abiut the truck. By the way I saw a 207DI with private plates in phonda [goa reg]. so you can try something like that and trying to fit the 4x4 gearbox .
Old 22nd June 2009, 00:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Why the 207 in particular ?

How about getting a Sierra 4x4 & chopping of the rear glasshouse ?
Thats rather interesting and should be economical.
But finding a 4x4 Sierra.....
to be frank I've not even seen it in flesh till date.
MexXxentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2009, 09:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexXxentric View Post
Thats rather interesting and should be economical.
But finding a 4x4 Sierra.....
to be frank I've not even seen it in flesh till date.
You can get 2wd sierra and get the transfer case and other needed bits like suspension and fornt diff,etc. from the safari , it's a start fit.
Old 5th July 2009, 12:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
You can get 2wd sierra and get the transfer case and other needed bits like suspension and fornt diff,etc. from the safari , it's a start fit.
i know its but this is the best looking TL i've seen by far.
Attached Thumbnails
Converting tatamobile 207 to 4x4-dsc00157.jpg  

Converting tatamobile 207 to 4x4-dsc00158.jpg  

Converting tatamobile 207 to 4x4-dsc00159.jpg  

14000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 11:00   #22
BHPian

How does the TL perform off-roads.. Looks very bulky and a pitiful 90hp!! poor engine must have its work cut-out trying to get this blob out of a bog.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 11:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
How does the TL perform off-roads.. Looks very bulky and a pitiful 90hp!! poor engine must have its work cut-out trying to get this blob out of a bog.
Well you better check this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...o-invader.html

A huge appreciation of TL 4x4 from an mpfi gypsy owner and experiences of a TL owner who had been into offroading with jeepthrills people are something you can bank upon.
-regards,
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 11:23   #24
BHPian

Why the TL in the pic has stones lying behind the vehicle ? It broke down ? If yes then not such a Good Vehicle.

LOL
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:15   #25
BHPian

Default Need your help guys!

Here's my story, i always want to own a 4X4 vehicle but unfortunately due to some personal issues i can't able to afford it. But we have a Tata 207 vehicle for our commercial purpose. My questions are:

1. Can we able to convert this vehicle to 4X4?
2. How much will i have to spend?
3. If its possible then will it be reliable like other 4X4 vehicles?

Picture taken from DKG profile.

Cheers,
L&S.
Attached Images

lancer&shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer&shogun View Post
Here's my story, i always want to own a 4X4 vehicle but unfortunately due to some personal issues i can't able to afford it. But we have a Tata 207 vehicle for our commercial purpose. My questions are:

Cheers,
L&S.
You will have to source for a second hand G76 gearbox with transfer case. Plus also source the front axle components of a safari which should be a straight fit on the 207 DI. Expect the modification cost you about 50 -80k even with second hand parts!
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
You will have to source for a second hand G76 gearbox with transfer case. Plus also source the front axle components of a safari which should be a straight fit on the 207 DI. Expect the modification cost you about 50 -80k even with second hand parts!
Thats great news vinod, how realiable will it be when we compare this modded vehicle with other 4X4 vehicles?

Are you coming for this sunday meet?

Cheers,
L&S.
lancer&shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:33   #28
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
This is not the TL its a 207 crew cab. The TL has a load bed a lot like what the Tatamobile used to have, double skinned in line with bodylines

Last edited by DKG : 17th December 2009 at 12:34.
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:35   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Well you better check this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...o-invader.html

A huge appreciation of TL 4x4 from an mpfi gypsy owner and experiences of a TL owner who had been into offroading with jeepthrills people are something you can bank upon.
-regards,
hey thanks.. I just checked the thread. Does sound impressive especially with the price cuts which was one thing I dint like about it.. But I still have one more crib, the interiors are simply ghastly looking. Its like they employed a bunch of autorickshaw drivers to work on the interior design ! It makes me look at concrete and go WOW!! thats beautiful. I mean take a look at the gypsy's interiors, its not that well made and does lack quality but it atleast looks like they spent a bit of time thinking how to do it and where to put what as opposed to letting an axe-murderer loose with a chain saw and some used plastic !!! Trust tata to screw up a potentially awesome vehicle and trash it.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
It definatly looks good [man I always miss some posts], by the way it's not a TL but a 207DI , thats the one with 3.0L engine. One question where was the vehicle from in Karnataka?? it has a private plate. Looks like it's been used as a commercial vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
It has decent off road ability. most of the off tracks can be tackled. But for serious and I means serious off road and short wheel base JEEP [or similar kind] is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer&shogun View Post

Cheers,
L&S.
It can be converted to 4x4 , but will need a bit of ingenuity , all the parts like transfer case front axle, suspension [this will need some mods] etc can be picked up from a 4x4 safari/sumo/TL, what ever you can get your hands on. Problem is getting those parts. for the conversion you are looking at roughly around 1.5-1.8 Lac budget with used parts. You can get a quot for parts from TATA spares.
The TL has a big discount going on it now so you can look at that. There are some in the used car market here at around 3.9-5.5 LACs. so you can get a decent pickup for around that much problem here too is very few 4x4s, most of the TLs on the road are 2wds.

Last edited by dinar : 17th December 2009 at 12:44.