Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 20th June 2009, 14:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Good Review. Is it jumps when shifts gears?
I have driven RE2 (don't remember the model name- its was rear engine) at school time and i really enjoyed the original noise from the silencer

Once we were transporting a Tyre mould and the vehicle was literally crying during the uphill journey and stopped inbetween and said sorry i cant go further !

To overcome this i turned vehicle to the opposite direction and put the reverse gear.. and it safely taken us to the hill top.

I still remember the use of wiper with my hands during monsoon
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 19:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by SAHIR.KITTUR View Post
let me add something,

NO JACK is required to change a flat tyre. !!!
The kerb weight is only 355 KG, and you just need a wooden stick to lift it and change tyre!
Changing the tyre takes only 4-5 minutes.

MODS: Kindly change the thread title to:

Tested: Bajaj RE 4 stroke CNG auto rickshaw.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 22:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

1, I think if you engage the reverse gear, you can drive in all the four gears. (Hope it is clear enough). Like engaging the reverse gear simply flips something and the output drive spins in the opposite direction.

2. All those complaints about fit and fihish - you ought to look into what the competition is / was when the RE was launched. It was the FE (front engine) rick from a company named Bajaj.

The only other manufacturer was API or scoters india or somesuch. Their provided a "chassis", and a steel body had to built on it - means the vehicle was very heavy, and center of gravity was high. And those made a racket from day.

Both FE and RE bajajs had more engine power than the API / SCI rick.

We actually owned one - the API one. ;-P Do not know the details, coz. I was a tiny tot then. Have read the owner's manual though. Only thing I remember is that the head lamps had a "throw" of 7M in high beam and 3 M in low beam.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote